Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2015, 02:39 PM
macawber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Sources in Italy"

Makes sense.
Plus Daily Express, I am more inclined to believe their weekly weather devastation reports.

Unread 28-01-2015, 02:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If he stays for the next 5 years I'll be £#%&!ing ecstatic.

He wouldn't owe us anything after that.
he doesn't owe us anything now.

we owe him.

I'd say we owe him a decent defence and midfield, as well. I bet he spends most games wondering how long carrick can last.

Unread 28-01-2015, 03:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I bet he spends most games wondering how long carrick can last.
I know I do.

Unread 28-01-2015, 04:04 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Get a bigger fee when we sell him now.
indeed. bale agreed a 'five-year contract' at spurs just before he signed for real ffs it's academic, just clubs protecting their interests.

Unread 28-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
indeed. bale agreed a 'five-year contract' at spurs just before he signed for real ffs it's academic, just clubs protecting their interests.
Can you think of any examples of this involving goalkeepers? Because it's an important distinction.

De Gea is a nice little toy that Madrid would probably LIKE to have, but he's never - NEVER - going to be a red-hot must have, like Bale once was, like James, like Ronaldo, etc.

Unread 28-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Can you think of any examples of this involving goalkeepers? Because it's an important distinction.

De Gea is a nice little toy that Madrid would probably LIKE to have, but he's never - NEVER - going to be a red-hot must have, like Bale once was, like James, like Ronaldo, etc.
Firstly I'd like to see this on the official website before having a £#%&!

Secondly these contracts are complete %@#$&!s, only worth anything in as much as you get more money for the player. Almost seems a perverse way of a player showing gratitude to a club 'I am going to £#%&! off and leave you, but to say thank you I'm going to sign a contract and stay one more year first so you get another season and some money'

However, I do agree and think it's different with keepers. You can potentially have 4-7 world class attackers and rotate them or play them out position or different formations to get them all games and keep them happy. Can't do it with keepers obvioulsly. Despite the speculation, it all ultimately depends on Casillas, his form and relationship with Real. I'm actually confident we can keep him for at least another couple of seasons. It's not like their reserve keeper is shit either.

We do need to get dave a defence and midfield soon though.

Unread 29-01-2015, 10:51 AM
The Watcher

Exclamation

Quote:
Real Madrid are prepared to test Manchester United’s resolve over the future of David de Gea by waiting to sign the goalkeeper on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of next season.

De Gea has yet to commit to a new long-term contract at Old Trafford, despite entering the final 18 months of the deal he signed when arriving at United in an £18.3m transfer from Atletico Madrid in June 2011.
Real Madrid want to sign David de Gea for nothing - in 2016

Unread 29-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Neo

Quote:
With neither Bayern Munich nor Chelsea in the market for a new goalkeeper, Real believe they have a clear path to De Gea should the player choose to leave United.

On what planet would a first-choice Manchester United goalkeeper, or any first-choice United player, join a club like £#%&!ing Chelsea.

Unread 29-01-2015, 11:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

On what planet would a first-choice Manchester United goalkeeper, or any first-choice United player, join a club like £#%&!ing Chelsea.
one that fancies a shot at a league and European cup medal?

Unread 29-01-2015, 11:34 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Earth?

Unread 29-01-2015, 11:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
one that fancies a shot at a league and European cup medal?
They shipped nine goals against Spurs and Braford. Are they really going to win the European Cup?

Unread 29-01-2015, 12:10 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They shipped nine goals against Spurs and Braford. Are they really going to win the European Cup?

Last time they won the European cup they shipped 5 goals against arsenal (at home) and lost to the likes of West Brom, Villa and QPR

They could quite conceivably win the European cup this year

Unread 29-01-2015, 03:16 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Different competitions, pal.

Unread 29-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Different competitions, pal.
Yes, easier to win...?

Unread 29-01-2015, 03:49 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yes, easier to win...?
Depends how you use your squad and which comp you put your efforts into most - See the scouse debacle 2005.

Unread 29-01-2015, 04:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

Last time they won the European cup they shipped 5 goals against arsenal (at home) and lost to the likes of West Brom, Villa and QPR

They could quite conceivably win the European cup this year
They will never again have the luck they had in 2012. Nor will anybody else, probably :shakehead:

Unread 25-02-2015, 01:41 PM
PeakyBlinder

He is going in the summer. I think it's pretty obvious.

If he was going to stay he'd have signed a deal by now (or he is waiting to see if we make top four which is understandable).

Valdes is waiting in the wings.

Unread 25-02-2015, 01:46 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Daily Mail ffs

I'm not believing anything until Jamie Jackson says it

Unread 25-02-2015, 02:36 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
He is going in the summer. I think it's pretty obvious.

If he was going to stay he'd have signed a deal by now (or he is waiting to see if we make top four which is understandable).

Valdes is waiting in the wings.
Most likely. That said, he knows we'll be in with a shout of the title next season.
Closed Thread