United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
legendary saf

Default Dida banned for 2 matches

By UEFA, for his dramatics towards the end in the Celtic - Milan game last week.

Well deserved. He's a bit shit anyway so Milan won't be too bothered about this.

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
S/Side.Red

I think they will, have you seen Kalac play before?

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Wafty Crank

UEFA should be applauded for this, and should use it as a springboard to do likewise to any other cheating @#%&! who collapses like they've been hit by a steam hammer whilst rubbing foreheads with an opponent.

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think they will, have you seen Kalac play before?
Yes, he's nothing special, can be a bit mistake prone aswell but they really do have no choice. Dida seems to be making howlers in every game I see Milan play in the past year.

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Spiffy

I didn't see what happened so I may be way off the mark here. But it was a Celtic fan who attacked him without provocation, if Celtic don't get thrown out of the competition, this ban looks exceptionally harsh. He shouldn't have dived but he shouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Yes, he's nothing special, can be a bit mistake prone aswell
I think that's very generous

Dida may be a bit of a clown these days but I think they'd much rather have him in goal than Kalac, who is truly awful.

Interesting decision by Uefa. It will discourage that kind of thing so it can only be a good thing.

Unread 11-10-2007, 06:01 PM
tatty

Play acting and diving is a cancer that needs cutting out.

Every guilty player should be hammered with fines and bans and the problem would be gone within a season.

Unread 11-10-2007, 06:05 PM
wee man

Very harsh on Dida. How can you prove something like this. At the hearing today Dida was quoted as saying "the slap wasn't sore but you should have smelt the fenian bastard". Look at the footage and it seems obvious that this COULD be the case. How can UEFA disprove this ? Dangerous territory in my view.

Allegedly.

Unread 11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think that's very generous

Dida may be a bit of a clown these days but I think they'd much rather have him in goal than Kalac, who is truly awful.
Indeed. Bizarre that one of the world's top clubs has persisted with these two. Dida cost them the league the last two seasons, and was certainly not blameless for Liverpool's comeback in Turkey.

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Very harsh on Dida. How can you prove something like this. At the hearing today Dida was quoted as saying "the slap wasn't sore but you should have smelt the fenian bastard". Look at the footage and it seems obvious that this COULD be the case. How can UEFA disprove this ? Dangerous territory in my view.

Allegedly.
Bang out of order weeman.

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Allegedly.

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:

Allegedly.
Catholics rule, we have god on our side

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Bang out of order weeman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
It's a £#%&!ing joke ffs. The number of "bad taste" jokes on here about Diana, McCanns, Royals, Muslims, 9/11 etc etc etc. That one is mild in comparison.

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
UEFA should be applauded for this, and should use it as a springboard to do likewise to any other cheating @#%&! who collapses like they've been hit by a steam hammer whilst rubbing foreheads with an opponent.
If they really meant to do something they should have banned him for 6 months.

Has there ever been a clearer case of 'simulation', to use the Uefa technical term ?

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
It's a £#%&!ing joke ffs. The number of "bad taste" jokes on here about Diana, McCanns, Royals, Muslims, 9/11 etc etc etc. That one is mild in comparison.

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
honest. I remember on the old place Fuzzy saying to me "£#%&! off you orange bastard" one day. Laughed my balls off. Or is it a case of give but can't take.

Spirit etc.

Unread 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
honest. I remember on the old place Fuzzy saying to me "£#%&! off you orange bastard" one day. Laughed my balls off. Or is it a case of give but can't take.

Spirit etc.

Unread 11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Ed Sullivan

hope the sweaty jock bastard got banned or fined.

Unread 11-10-2007, 09:07 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
hope the sweaty jock bastard got banned or fined.
put your tin hat on there. I thought mine was bad.

Unread 11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
put your tin hat on there. I thought mine was bad.
No no, you can slate the jocks all you want they are @#%&!s, even the Catholic ones.
Closed Thread