United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Applauded off by the Stretty tonight. A man with a fantastic philosophy for football, who consistently shows the courage to play the game in the right way, and brings the best out of the best players.

A crying shame that he sold-out to a vile Arab money-laundering operation, but as a coach, he's the best around.

Just a chequebook manager according to the experts on here, though.
Sadly, like you say, he's in a different class. The only hope we have, is his stay there being short.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They spent the last 15 minutes endlessly time-wasting as much as they possibly could and had no interest in football. ‘courage to play the game in the right way’ .
nathan redmond will be turning in his grave

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Neo

Quote:
They spent the last 15 minutes endlessly time-wasting as much as they possibly could and had no interest in football. ‘courage to play the game in the right way’ .
They carved us open about four times on the break in the last ten minutes, after bossing the game for the vast majority on our own ground.

Why be pedantic, you dull 40 year-old virgin @#%&!?

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:46 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Applauded off by the Stretty tonight. A man with a fantastic philosophy for football, who consistently shows the courage to play the game in the right way, and brings the best out of the best players.

Did this really happen?

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
They carved us open about four times on the break in the last ten minutes, after bossing the game for the vast majority on our own ground.

They didn't really carve us open though tbf

We were caught with a load of players up field and they broke, Happens most weeks in football when sides are chasing a game.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

We were caught with a load of players up field and they broke, Happens most weeks in football when sides are chasing a game.
Shut the £#%&! up, you no-mark WUM @#%&!.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:31 PM
AK14

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
shut the £#%&! up, you no-mark wum @#%&!.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

They hardly seemed to have to get out of 3rd gear. They played football whilst we smashed it down the pitch at every opportunity like some FA cup minnow. Dismal.

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:33 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Did this really happen?
Did it £#%&!

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:40 PM
marlo

to be honest, it's interesting that in times when kante is winning player of the year and teams are setting up with 2 defensive midfielders, guadiola sets up with just one and the rest of the front 6 are hardworking attacking players.

the football united played today was disgraceful, didn't even look to pass the ball or even keep possession.

I didn't buy the philosophy but I'm always not sold on this game plan either at the moment.
L

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Well, Kevin the Teenager, it's not being pedantic to point out what city did for pretty much the entire last quarter of the game. Don't get me wrong, they were dominant and United were absolutely disgusting. But some would have us believe city are the Harlem Globetrotters of the premier league, when they actually played out the game exactly as a team like Stoke or Bournemouth would if 2-1 up at OT - time-wasting, fouling, keeping it in the corner. That's not brave, it's cowardly.

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Clarkie

Found the whole ball in the corner in the last few minutes embarrassing from a United point of view tbh

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Well, Kevin the Teenager, it's not being pedantic to point out what city did for pretty much the entire last quarter of the game. Don't get me wrong, they were dominant and United were absolutely disgusting. But some would have us believe city are the Harlem Globetrotters of the premier league, when they actually played out the game exactly as a team like Stoke or Bournemouth would if 2-1 up at OT - time-wasting, fouling, keeping it in the corner. That's not brave, it's cowardly.
Cowardly

We launch the ball for 90 mins, they pass us to death and beat us comfortably, yet we're the cowards.

They took the ball to the corner in the final couple of minutes like any decent team in the history of football has done when leading a tough away game by a single goal.

Is that really the level we are now? Trying to take some sort of football moral high ground?

And then we wake up to stories of tunnel bust ups because City were literally the noisy neighbours.

We were shit yesterday and completely saw our arse. whinging about referees and time wasting is f***ing small time.

They were and are better than us. It's hurts and we have to take it on the chin.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Snidey little fouls constantly, playing keep ball in the corner for the last 10 minutes, players hitting the deck for no real reason, every time wasting trick in the book. Make no mistake, we were shit and deserved nothing from the game, but all this fawning over a Guardiola is hilarious.

Oh, and don't forget this:

Yes, that is from yesterday and not past title celebrations ticker tape

People who don't think they are, and always will be, classless cringeworthy bastards need to give their £#%&!ing head a wobble tbh.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Found the whole ball in the corner in the last few minutes embarrassing from a United point of view tbh
From a united point of view ?

What we’re we to do ?

Played at ANY type of level ?

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
to be honest, it's interesting that in times when kante is winning player of the year and teams are setting up with 2 defensive midfielders, guadiola sets up with just one and the rest of the front 6 are hardworking attacking players.

the football united played today was disgraceful, didn't even look to pass the ball or even keep possession.

I didn't buy the philosophy but I'm always not sold on this game plan either at the moment.
L
What's interesting about it? He's set his teams up that way for a majority of his managerial career.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Cowardly

We launch the ball for 90 mins, they pass us to death and beat us comfortably, yet we're the cowards.

They took the ball to the corner in the final couple of minutes like any decent team in the history of football has done when leading a tough away game by a single goal.

Is that really the level we are now? Trying to take some sort of football moral high ground?

And then we wake up to stories of tunnel bust ups because City were literally the noisy neighbours.

We were shit yesterday and completely saw our arse. whinging about referees and time wasting is £#%&!ing small time.

They were and are better than us. It's hurts and we have to take it on the chin.
Nope, I'm not trying to take any kind of moral high ground ffs. Try and read people's post in the context of what they're replying to. Neo was up Guardiola's ring, prattling on about him 'having the courage to play the game the right way'. I was simply addressing that by pointing out that endless time-wasting (it was far more than the last two minutes), diving and fouling isn't 'having the courage to play the game the right way'.

Totally agree with your last line. I was ONLY replying to Neo's over the top praise of Guardiola. Don't take it out of context.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Snidey little fouls constantly, playing keep ball in the corner for the last 10 minutes, players hitting the deck for no real reason, every time wasting trick in the book. Make no mistake, we were shit and deserved nothing from the game, but all this fawning over a Guardiola is hilarious.

Oh, and don't forget this:

Yes, that is from yesterday and not past title celebrations ticker tape

People who don't think they are, and always will be, classless cringeworthy bastards need to give their f***ing head a wobble tbh.
They are.... f*** them.... but why shouldn't they celebrate? These players Instagram profiles are littered with more inane shit than that. I'm sure if we'd won a 14 consecutive league game at the etihad to go 11 points clear of them, there'd be plenty of emojis linked to a load of Pogba and Lingard post game dance offs

Quote:
Nope, I'm not trying to take any kind of moral high ground ffs. Try and read people's post in the context of what they're replying to. Neo was up Guardiola's ring, prattling on about him 'having the courage to play the game the right way'. I was simply addressing that by pointing out that endless time-wasting (it was far more than the last two minutes), diving and fouling isn't 'having the courage to play the game the right way'.

Totally agree with your last line. I was ONLY replying to Neo's over the top praise of Guardiola. Don't take it out of context.
Fair enough.

I'm still angry.

(Initial part of reply was addressing the 'cowardly' line. I don't think it's cowardly to run the clock down when you've done the hard work. I do think it's cowardly to shit yourselves and play with an inferiority complex from minute one though.

The rest of the post wasn't so much aimed at you, but this proclivity for people to start blaming everything but our own shortcomings)
Closed Thread