Originally Posted by Coracao
I find the people who run Utd's social media channels incredible
It’s genuinely magnificent wumming - hope he sees it

Unread 16-01-2022, 10:47 AM
jem

that liitle turn in the box was nice.

Unread 16-01-2022, 11:13 AM
armchair

Looks like the english footballs are simply too fast for him.

Unread 16-01-2022, 11:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that liitle turn in the box was nice.
That run on the right was embarrassing. He looked like a 45 year old man that played a bit in his teens and hasn’t ran since.

Unread 16-01-2022, 11:22 AM
BarryX

Genuinely thought that was a wind up so checked the official account. It's almost unbelievable that they'd post that.

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:32 PM
Tiberian

Have to say that the fans adoration for this guy is one of the most baffling things I have seen in my time watching Utd. From some of the talk you would think he is a Fabregas type being wasted when really he is a slow Dele Ali who gets on the end of chances, doesn't have much of a passing range and has a pity me face.

I don't care what he did at Ajax, where he was maybe the 4th/5th best player behind Tadic, De Jong, De Light and Ziyech( and check out how hugely successful those guys have been at their new clubs) He has maybe had 3 games at Utd where he has looked anything other than a nothing player. If the competition is Fred, The Scottish Player and the corpse of Matic, and you can't get past them I have no sympathy. We are desperate for a competent midfielder, VDB ain't it.

Another £50 Million wasted, I doubt he would even get in the Villa team ahead of guys like Buendia, McGinn and Ramsay.

Anyway, see you in 6 months.

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Have to say that the fans adoration for this guy is one of the most baffling things I have seen in my time watching Utd. From some of the talk you would think he is a Fabregas type being wasted when really he is a slow Dele Ali who gets on the end of chances, doesn't have much of a passing range and has a pity me face.

I don't care what he did at Ajax, where he was maybe the 4th/5th best player behind Tadic, De Jong, De Light and Ziyech( and check out how hugely successful those guys have been at their new clubs) He has maybe had 3 games at Utd where he has looked anything other than a nothing player. If the competition is Fred, The Scottish Player and the corpse of Matic, and you can't get past them I have no sympathy. We are desperate for a competent midfielder, VDB ain't it.

Another £50 Million wasted, I doubt he would even get in the Villa team ahead of guys like Buendia, McGinn and Ramsay.

He wouldn't. And tbf, McGinn would probably get in ours

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:37 PM
Ethers

Jesus, Tibs back like the Undertaker with an absolute truth bomb.

Donny crew in the mud.

“Build the team around him”

People actually said this ffs.

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Think people have got this guy a bit wrong perhaps although I still don’t think he’s had a proper run at it and he’s been very badly managed from day 1. And not being good enough to get into a Villa team isnt something exclusive to beek from our current squad.

In getting it wrong terms, I don’t think it’s anything like as laughable as people getting it wrong about, let’s say Anderson for example.

Anyway, welcome back.

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think people have got this guy a bit wrong perhaps although I still don’t think he’s had a proper run at it and he’s been very badly managed from day 1. And not being good enough to get into a Villa team isnt something exclusive to beek from our current squad.

In getting it wrong terms, I don’t think it’s anything like as laughable as people getting it wrong about, let’s say Anderson for example.

Trying to think of
Not getting into the team I can understand. Managers don’t want him , he is shit in training etc. but why keep him? I have a feeling the board don’t want to let him go . Doesn’t make sense to me that three managers haven’t liked him and he is still at the club

Unread 16-01-2022, 01:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Not getting into the team I can understand. Managers don’t want him , he is shit in training etc. but why keep him? I have a feeling the board don’t want to let him go . Doesn’t make sense to me that three managers haven’t liked him and he is still at the club
Agreed. Welcome to Manchester United. The Unflushables.

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Yeah, I wonder what match going reds know about football....

His name is sung because those that understand, give up our time and loyally follow this club in the flesh not behind a screen understand his potential on this team.....

He's been criminally under used.....

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

His name is sung because those that understand, give up our time and loyally follow this club in the flesh not behind a screen understand his potential on this team.....

Right, so that’s three managers who are all wrong. You defeat your own argument using the term matchday reds. You haven’t even seen him play when you go see United play so how can you have a case that he is a good player?

I rather trust the manager who sees him in training. Like ole did , like carrick did.

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Right, so that’s three managers who are all wrong. You defeat your own argument using the term matchday reds. You haven’t even seen him play when you go see United play so how can you have a case that he is a good player?

I rather trust the manager who sees him in training. Like ole did , like carrick did.
Like Carrick did

I've seen Donny live many times mate at two different clubs, I've also seen him play week in week out on the telly.....

I don't know what the problem is but I'm not sure this "he MUst be SHIt in TRAinING" argument stands up....

Safety first midfielders and a stroppy mardarse Bruno are probably keeping a low in confidence player on the bench ...

It pains me and many others that he isn't given a run ...

If you don't enjoy other leagues or competitions that's on you, it's very obvious he should be given a start but as Ralf says in his pressers right now results are all that matter.....

That's not a club I'm enjoying watching ...

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:17 PM
Chris Quayd

If he’s so bad why isn’t he starting?

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:20 PM
shenwen

I had high hopes. I thought he'd be perfect for Ralf. Plays on the front foot, good short pass and move game, mobile and has played in rigid systems before.

But clearly, he's not all that. Too lightweight? Unfit? Can't handle the pace of the PL? I've no idea but stopped caring that much.

Someone made the same point abut Ziyech at Chelsea - looked great at Ajak, lost at Chelsea.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Like Carrick did

I've seen Donny live many times mate at two different clubs, I've also seen him play week in week out on the telly.....

I don't know what the problem is but I'm not sure this "he MUst be SHIt in TRAinING" argument stands up....

Safety first midfielders and a stroppy mardarse Bruno are probably keeping a low in confidence player on the bench ...

It pains me and many others that he isn't given a run ...

If you don't enjoy other leagues or competitions that's on you, it's very obvious he should be given a start but as Ralf says in his pressers right now results are all that matter.....

That's not a club I'm enjoying watching ...
Just because a player is good in one league doesn’t mean he is in another. If he was as good as you’re making out to be he would get into this squad. Even if you want to play devils advocate and say ole had a vendetta against him, there is no reason why ralf doesn’t try him out. He has given almost every other player a chance . The manager doesnt have Jose vibes where for whatever reason he just hates him and doesn’t want to play him

The same team and league that Dusan tadic was top scorer? Should teams be all over the Southampton reject.

What’s more telling if he was as good as you say he was because you have seen him in the Dutch league why aren’t bigger teams in for him?

I think there was a bid rejected from Everton in the summer and Newcastle rumours are doing the rounds?
Surely the top teams will be all over him trying to get a transfer? Atleast his agent managed to get a bid from Everton, where is the bid from inter, psg, Bayern, Barca?

In fact where is the bid from his old beloved club. I’m sure he has connections and would want to be “saved”

There aren’t even rumours for Ajax to pull him out his misery

But I’m sure you’re right and the manager who has actual experience of managing in different leagues and literally watches him play every day is wrong.

Coracao

Quote:

Nedders gave up his Martial WUM, time you did similar.

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:21 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
If he’s so bad why isn’t he starting?

Unread 16-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Nedders gave up his Martial WUM, time you did similar.
Give up on Donny ? The model pro, one of Europe's most exciting attacking midfielders, absolutely no chance, watched him for years pal ....

I'll still watch him when he leaves United.