United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, at the very start of the season after which we went on a terrific run and were the best we have been to watch since SAF bowed out. Dipped towards the end due to injuries and fatigue, and sadly it really does look like bottling the Europa has utterly £#%&!ed us.

But don't try to tell me we were playing no better last campaign than now, that is simply taking revisionism too far.
What run are you talking about? It has always been hyped up and mythical. We've never had any consistency under ole bar his first 3 months.

Are we worse this season than last? I dunno, we put in some shocking performances last season aswell. Is having Leicester put 4 past us worse than seeing Spurs put 6 past us I dunno.

Either way the manager wasnt good enough then and he isnt good enough now.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
We could be below Brentford in a couple of hours.
Well if they beat Chelsea they will deserve it tbf.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:31 PM
westcoastvan

I turned the game off at 2-1 as a result of the mediocre play by United.

Pogba was non existent up to that point & Lindelof was getting outpaced, so I am assuming we will see the return of Fred & The Scottish Player next week.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:36 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Red Santos

he should've been sold too in 2019 when he wanted out.

£#%&!ing Poser.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Surprised at the initial selection, tbh, what with us going for a midfield two of Pogba and Matic in front of a typically piss-weak Lindelof and an unfit Maguire.

It looked okay in the first half, but went to shit in the second. Said it earlier in the week, that I thought we'd pack central midfield to protect our centre backs, and try and stop Tielemans feeding through balls into Vardy and Iheanacho, which happened all game.

Ole will likely be gone by the end of the month, but it will be less to do with the likely defeats to Liverpool and City, and more to do with the losses we've already seen against Young Boys in the Champions League, West Ham in the League Cup, Villa in the League, and today at Leicester. All unacceptable defeats given the squad at his disposal.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:43 PM
AK14

The players have turned.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Just seen where Leicester were in the table prior to today,

Jesus

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:04 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Surprised at the initial selection, tbh, what with us going for a midfield two of Pogba and Matic in front of a typically piss-weak Lindelof and an unfit Maguire.
it was a nonsensical selection, but it was not an unusual selection. he's probably never seen leicester play before, though, to be fair.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:15 PM
Sparky***

I'm not even angry tbh. A few weeks ago i'd have been cursing up a streak watching that. But i just sat back today and passively absorbed everything I was watching because i expected absolutely what we got.

They've managed to eradicate any sort of hope i had for this season in less than 3 months.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm not even angry tbh. A few weeks ago i'd have been cursing up a streak watching that. But i just sat back today and passively absorbed everything I was watching because i expected absolutely what we got.

They've managed to eradicate any sort of hope i had for this season in less than 3 months.
Normally (or atleast during fergies tenure) near enough every loss or draw you would be frustrated because “ if they did this instead” or may have had a bad ref or something.

This season we have deserved each time we have dropped points to drop points. Fair play to Leicester we were shit. Can’t even argue anything positive

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Normally (or atleast during fergies tenure) near enough every loss or draw you would be frustrated because “ if they did this instead” or may have had a bad ref or something.

This season we have deserved each time we have dropped points to drop points. Fair play to Leicester we were shit. Can’t even argue anything positive
We scored a couple of good goals - that's literally it.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:58 PM
anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's probably never seen leicester play before, though, to be fair.
Cringe

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:01 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Cringe
Cream

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Sparky***

"It's saturday night, it's 7pm and that must mean it's time for Man Utd players to take to social media to apologise for this weeks shite!"

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Tiberian

Far too many players in that front 6 who are defensive liabilities. Lot of talent in the squad but not much balance. Easy to focus on the defenders but they are getting no cover at all.

Ronaldo, well, there is going to be an ongoing discussion over his true value at this stage, his goals against him meaning we effectively play with 10 men out of possession.

Thrilled to see Rashford back, Sancho/Ronaldo and Greenwood is a nightmare for our midfield when the opposition have the ball.

Anyway, see you all next season.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:15 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Far too many players in that front 6 who are defensive liabilities. Lot of talent in the squad but not much balance. Easy to focus on the defenders but they are getting no cover at all.

Ronaldo, well, there is going to be an ongoing discussion over his true value at this stage, his goals against him meaning we effectively play with 10 men out of possession.

Thrilled to see Rashford back, Sancho/Ronaldo and Greenwood is a nightmare for our midfield when the opposition have the ball.

Anyway, see you all next season.
Please, stay!

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:23 PM
tatty

Conte in before the January window, 2 x dcm's signed, all sorted.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Conte in before the January window, 2 x dcm's signed, all sorted.
Lool you think the glazers care whether we challenge for the league or not. They just sold their shares for some cash. No chance they’re going to reinvest after sacking a manager. They will go to interim and use it as an excuse to not sign a jan player