United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Wasnt the point was it, Pal?

The point is changing things we know aren't working.
Chong isn't the answer....

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:26 PM
marlo

“"How many teams break Wolves down? there's not many, We've played them 3 times on the bounce and we've had 3 clean sheets"
“I’m happy with my boys”

this man does not have a winners mentality.

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
“"How many teams break Wolves down? there's not many, We've played them 3 times on the bounce and we've had 3 clean sheets"
“I’m happy with my boys”

I’ve been thinking about this

The squad is absolute £#%&!. Should be just slag em all every week?

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
“I’m happy with my boys”

So what would a ‘winner’ be saying?

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Chong isn't the answer....
Whoosh

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So what would a ‘winner’ be saying?
That today wasn’t good enough
The players need to take a long hard look at themselves this winter break and focus on coming back and putting things right
That we have taken 4 points from a possible 15 which is not up to the required standard of this club
That we owe it to the fans to win games and make them proud.
They can be no excuses as Liverpool have more than double the amount of points as us.

not bullshit about how proud he is and the boys have given their all.

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
That today wasn’t good enough
The players need to take a long hard look at themselves this winter break and focus on coming back and putting things right
That we have taken 4 points from a possible 15 which is not up to the required standard of this club
That we owe it to the fans to win games and make them proud.
They can be no excuses as Liverpool have more than double the amount of points as us.

not bullshit about how proud he is and the boys have given their all.
He says those things all the time mate. Unlike Mourinho though, I think he’s realised those can’t be the only things he says. Also, I’m assuming you watched the City game, so if you wanted a glimpse of the types of things being said behind closed doors, there you have it.

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:17 PM
Tiberian

I really like Jiminez at Wolves, the type of striker who if he was not 29 in the Summer would be near enough ideal for Rashford and another dynamic attacker to play off.

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I really like Jiminez at Wolves, the type of striker who if he was not 29 in the Summer would be near enough ideal for Rashford and another dynamic attacker to play off.
indeed.

he didn't actually score against us, of course, but nothing highlights what our team is lacking quite like playing against a team with a mobile, skilful, solid centre forward.

Unread 02-02-2020, 12:23 AM
red in cumbria

Wolves have given Liverpool more of a game recently than most PL sides have, they're no mugs.

Unread 02-02-2020, 12:29 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wolves have given Liverpool more of a game recently than most PL sides have, they're no mugs.
the goal that jiminez scored against them.... we haven't seen its like for many a year.

Unread 02-02-2020, 05:49 AM
shenwen

People still making excuses for Martial

Crucial partner to Rashford
Playing with back to goal
No service

Okay, they may all have been clownbones but still. he's shit and should be out in the summer. The experiment, the much touted potential, is over.

I said earlier that even with Bruno signed, I can't see where the goals are coming from. A lot of pressure on Ighalo but hopefully he can put Martial on the bench.

Also, thought Fernandes arriving would see the back of Lingard and Pereira. Instead we get both of them

Unread 02-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

No service

Okay, they may all have been clownbones but still. he's shit and should be out in the summer. The experiment, the much touted potential, is over.

I said earlier that even with Bruno signed, I can't see where the goals are coming from. A lot of pressure on Ighalo but hopefully he can put Martial on the bench.

Also, thought Fernandes arriving would see the back of Lingard and Pereira. Instead we get both of them
"needs help".

£#%&!ing hell, if we're really going to put up with a striker who can't run about, won't break a sweat and needs all the help in the world, I'd rather start giving out the position to make-a-wish applicants and start reaping some sweet sweet Karma than having to watch that miserable French @#%&! every week.

Unread 02-02-2020, 10:00 AM
woody78

Quote:

No service

Only because Matic was suspended. Neither will play when him & The Scottish Player are available

Unread 02-02-2020, 10:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

No service

It's not excusing him. He was poor and he needs to do better.

We also need to play to our better players strengths.

It can be both. And it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Only because Matic was suspended. Neither will play when him & The Scottish Player are available
This.

I don't believe for a moment that Ole believes either are up to standard.

If Ole is still there at the end of the summer window, those two will be gone or reduced to squad players at best.

Unread 02-02-2020, 10:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
People have been saying this all season

Unread 02-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
People have been saying this all season
About the player that signed last week?

Unread 02-02-2020, 11:16 AM
believe

Quote:
About the player that signed last week?
The conversation was about Lingard and Perreira not playing when Matic and The Scottish Player are available.

Unread 02-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The conversation was about Lingard and Perreira not playing when Matic and The Scottish Player are available.
I think Ole's reaction to Lingard giving the ball away the other night tells us all we need to know about what he thinks of him.

His love of Pereira is a little more concerning. I don't think Matic is a shoo-in for a start because he was fit earlier in the season and didn't play.

If we have a selection of Pogab, Mctom, fred and Fernandes, then I'd like to think that Perreria and Lingard have no business being in any best 11 from there.

And that's before we get into any signings this summer.

I don't think Ole has a blind spot for them anyway.

Unread 02-02-2020, 11:23 AM
believe

Quote:
I think Ole's reaction to Lingard giving the ball away the other night tells us all we need to know about what he thinks of him.

His love of Pereira is a little more concerning. I don't think Matic is a shoo-in for a start because he was fit earlier in the season and didn't play.

If we have a selection of Pogab, Mctom, fred and Fernandes, then I'd like to think that Perreria and Lingard have no business being in any best 11 from there.

And that's before we get into any signings this summer.

I don't think Ole has a blind spot for them anyway.
So, what people have been saying all season then.