United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:01 PM
rustling jimmies

Default Giggs - Footballing greats

On Sky Sports 1 now, gonna block today's results.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Neo

Tbf, Giggs has always been a @#%&!. He's also never been the best player at the club, despite being here for nearly a quarter of a century.

Love him for what he's achieved at United though.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:09 PM
rustling jimmies

Not arsed about his personal life, he has always come across as a top boy IMO.

My favourite ever United player, unreal talent.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:10 PM
BarryX

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tbf, Giggs has always been a @#%&!. He's also never been the best player at the club, despite being here for nearly a quarter of a century.

I'm normally a placid kind of bloke, as Ged said 'more of a lover than a fighter' but I just want to say: go £#%&! yourself on one of Joffrey's ticklers.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yawn.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

At his peak, the years he struggled with injury and missed games, we didn't win the league.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I'm normally a placid kind of bloke, as Ged said 'more of a lover than a fighter' but I just want to say: go £#%&! yourself on one of Joffrey's ticklers.
What's a matter? Have I offended you by calling a United player nasty names?

I'm not a £#%&!ing Scouser so I don't do the hero worship sentimentality, thanks. Like I said, great player for us but has always been a @#%&!.

Tbf, most footballers are @#%&!s. Scholes, Solskjaer and Eric are some exceptions who were utter class both on and off the pitch.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:15 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

He was the best player at the club in 97/98

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:16 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's also never been the best player at the club,
wtf has that got to do with the price of fish?

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
At his peak, the years he struggled with injury and missed games, we didn't win the league.
Same story when Keane was missing, and when Eric and Rio were suspended. It's what happens when important first-team players aren't available.

Giggs was a world-class winger at his peak, but his true greatness has been his longevity at the top level. I don't think he was ever our best player.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:19 PM
rustling jimmies

That goal against Arsenal still raises a big smile

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Ethers

So you don't do hero-worship but you think it's important who the 'best player at the club' is? Riiiiight.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:20 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
That's a good shout, he was arguably our most feared player in Europe at that time

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you don't do hero-worship but you think it's important who the 'best player at the club' is? Riiiiight.
It isn't hero-worship to be able to identify the best player at a club.

I agree that Welbz is the best player at the club currently, but I don't hero-worship him. Love Welbz, though.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Iniesta's never been the best player at Barcelona, must mean he's an overrated @#%&!

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It isn't hero-worship to be able to identify the best player at a club.

I agree that Welbz is the best player at the club currently, but I don't hero-worship him. Love Welbz, though.
"Best player at the club" is a meaningless term tbh, it's completely subjective and utterly irrelevant. The only people who actually debate such things are typically hero worshipping bores who make World XI's and argue over who's better between Messi and Ronaldo.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:27 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Iniesta's never been the best player at Barcelona, must mean he's an overrated @#%&!
Funnily enough the Iniesta one is on next. Another top boy

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Neo

Quote:
"Best player at the club" is a meaningless term tbh, it's completely subjective and utterly irrelevant. The only people who actually debate such things are typically hero worshipping bores who make World XI's and argue over who's better between Messi and Ronaldo.
Messi IMO.

Unread 20-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
13/14 too.

Unread 21-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
True, but when he played left wing I can't think of many left sided players from other clubs I'd have preferred.
Closed Thread