United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Luke Shaw or Danny Rose?
Keep Luke Shaw - let Jose get a tune out of him 18 62.07%
Sign Danny Rose 10 34.48%
Sign another lb - name them 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2017, 01:07 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah I’ve seen him plenty over the past few years you irritating @#%&!
Was just a question. No need to get angry Parters.

Unread 06-12-2017, 01:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Martial can be anything for me crumps he’s £#%&!ing brilliant should be first in the sheet with matic and dave .. remember last season the likes of Mersin saying he will be sold for 20 million and Jeff sterling literally just laughing at Merson. Like yeah ok paul get back to your beer you crank.

And good call on sessegnon and tierney both great players Watford have a really good right back Kiki he’s called .. personally would have Fabinho tomorrow
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=254

Ouch..

Unread 06-12-2017, 01:53 PM
20 times

I’d prefer if we signed good players rather than English players, who generally aren’t very good at football

Unread 06-12-2017, 02:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Your quote there isn't that favourable either pal...

Unread 06-12-2017, 02:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Your quote there isn't that favourable either pal...
£#%&!ing is. Would still bin Mourinho before Martial.

Unread 06-12-2017, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
I’d prefer if we signed good players rather than English players, who generally aren’t very good at football
Shaw is actually good at football, as with certain other young English players that isn't the real problem.

Unread 06-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Billy Redface

Last night was encouraging.

Given his complete lack of football, there's not much more he could have done.

He took his chance. If he's working hard, then playing like that when he's called on, he'll give himself a chance.

He probably won't be involved on Sunday, but get him back on the bench regularly and at least back in the picture. There's a place there for him. It was genuinely refreshing to see a genuine left sided left back out there.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Tiberian

Shaw is more talented than Rose, and by some distance by my reckoning. He has been an extreme disappointment given that. However, I think with great talent you have to exhaust all hope that the potential can be realized before giving up on it.

If it clicks with Shaw he can be a game changing player from full back. His acceleration, running power and control of the ball at pace are at an elite level, for years Evra was a key cog for Utd mostly based on his ability to start attacks and play out against aggressive pressing. It was a critical skill that Shaw also possesses.

Would hate if Utd signed Rose for £50 mill and then Shaw goes elsewhere and fulfills his potential, that level would be better than what Rose can touch. He needs to show more, because based on what he has produced it is hard to argue against the possibility that he is another Anderson style Moby Dick dream of a player.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Shaw is more talented than Rose, and by some distance by my reckoning. He has been an extreme disappointment given that. However, I think with great talent you have to exhaust all hope that the potential can be realized before giving up on it.

If it clicks with Shaw he can be a game changing player from full back. His acceleration, running power and control of the ball at pace are at an elite level, for years Evra was a key cog for Utd mostly based on his ability to start attacks and play out against aggressive pressing. It was a critical skill that Shaw also possesses.

Would hate if Utd signed Rose for £50 mill and then Shaw goes elsewhere and fulfills his potential, that level would be better than what Rose can touch. He needs to show more, because based on what he has produced it is hard to argue against the possibility that he is another Anderson style Moby Dick dream of a player.
Agreed.

When he was playing before the leg break, he made a massive difference to us. He's been out so long that we can be forgiven for forgetting how talented he is.

Still a long way back for him, but there is a slot there for him to make his own.

Rose? Not convinced at all. Rode the Spurs hype wave for about a season. Not even first choice anymore.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Agreed.

When he was playing before the leg break, he made a massive difference to us. He's been out so long that we can be forgiven for forgetting how talented he is.

Still a long way back for him, but there is a slot there for him to make his own.

Rose? Not convinced at all. Rode the Spurs hype wave for about a season. Not even first choice anymore.
Yes, 2 years ago i thought he was going to be one of the best full backs in the world for about a decade. Up to him though, you can see the trust that the likes of Young/Valencia/Fellaini/Smalling/Lingard have engendered in Mourinho, players with limitations but commitment and professionalism have made them very useful.

No excuse for Shaw to not match that.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Yes, 2 years ago i thought he was going to be one of the best full backs in the world for about a decade. Up to him though, you can see the trust that the likes of Young/Valencia/Fellaini/Smalling/Lingard have engendered in Mourinho, players with limitations but commitment and professionalism have made them very useful.

No excuse for Shaw to not match that.
The difference with those players is that they're not injury prone.

My concern is that Shaw gets a little run and then bang.... gone for another six weeks.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
The difference with those players is that they're not injury prone.

My concern is that Shaw gets a little run and then bang.... gone for another six weeks.
True and that is exacerbated by what comes across as a soft mentality, a bit too sensitive and millennial. In another life he would be joyously embracing the hipster aesthetic, strumming out even blander Ed Sheeran covers.

You know, forget what I previously said, it needs to be purged.

Unread 06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
True and that is exacerbated by what comes across as a soft mentality, a bit too sensitive and millennial. In another life he would be joyously embracing the hipster aesthetic, strumming out even blander Ed Sheeran covers.

You know, forget what I previously said, it needs to be purged.
No, you're right.

Just seems a bit dim and like he doesn't really see what's right there in front of him. Aren't there Southampton coaches who questioned his mentality when he was a kid?

I think it's the hair. He looks like every single player in the premier league. You know, Callum Chambers, Aaron Ramsey. All of them.

Unread 06-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
No, you're right.

Just seems a bit dim and like he doesn't really see what's right there in front of him. Aren't there Southampton coaches who questioned his mentality when he was a kid?

I think it's the hair. He looks like every single player in the premier league. You know, Callum Chambers, Aaron Ramsey. All of them.
The whole concept of team sports is based on ruthless exploitation of the weak link. Find it and hammer him into the ground, no empathy, compassion or hesitation. Ronaldo's entire career has been built around that idea, he is a killer. Same concept applies at every developmental level, even in the playground. Perceived weak mentality is always going to be an issue at the top level.

By purge it I really meant purge him. My attempts at humour fall flat.

Unread 07-12-2017, 05:06 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Was just a question. No need to get angry Parters.

Unread 07-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Decent going forward

In La-la land when he was ball watching and his man slipped behind him to cross for the goal

Sums him up
0 goals & 3 assists in 92 prem games . He’s as dumb as dogshit
Closed Thread