United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2014, 06:37 PM
taff

Default LVG hates Woodward, part one

(or is it three or four, i forget)

apparently the large-testicled one is 'getting increasingly impatient about the lack of transfer activity'.

more here: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/332897.html

Unread 14-08-2014, 06:42 PM
vangaalsbigballs

LVG has to take fair share of his blame tbh. Again everything seems so lazy. This whole concept of giving everyone a chance is bullshit. There are a few in this squad who should have been sold before world cup ended.

Unread 14-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Switching Off

He's not the only one. If Woodward doesn't pull Tito off tomorrow he can get to £#%&!.

Unread 14-08-2014, 06:57 PM
ChairmanMao

The thing is all the evidence of his career to date suggests that if Louis van Gaal was unhappy then the press would hear it first hand, not from "sources" . I call bullshit.

The transfer business that's "dragged on" appears to be based on little more than endless internet speculation, the club's confirmed £#%&! all, which given we're in a field of one for Vidal doesn't make sense, everyone on the internet thinks we're buying him, any other buyer would've appeared by now. Us saying we are or are not negotiating would change little.yet we haven't

Either way van Gaal would "see his arse" in full Technicolor in a press conference not whispering behind his hankie to sources.

Unread 14-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Aman27deep

Did you see LvG ripping Shaw a new one? If he feels the same way about Woody he wouldn't be afraid of letting the public know. I call BS.

Unread 14-08-2014, 07:13 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's not the only one. If Woodward doesn't pull Tito off tomorrow he can get to £#%&!.

Still on, lindegaard could be one of the TO.

Unread 14-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Norm

Wonder if LvG will be asked the question tomorrow in the press conference. Maybe this time tomorrow we will know more of just what the f is going on.

Unread 14-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Jez Quigley

Anyone read The Secret Footballer?

Good bit about transfers, saying that clubs have a hierarchy of players who fit the bill and work their way down that list.

Basically sends out the message we are getting 2nd or 3rd choice.

Poor LvG - he probably trusted Woowar

Unread 14-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I would be delighted for the legendary Fredster, although slightly jealous too

Unread 14-08-2014, 08:46 PM
koppas

And people sniggered when I said LVG would walk within a year due to our incompetence when it comes to signing players he wants...

Unread 14-08-2014, 08:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
The thing is all the evidence of his career to date suggests that if Louis van Gaal was unhappy then the press would hear it first hand, not from "sources" . I call bullshit.

The transfer business that's "dragged on" appears to be based on little more than endless internet speculation, the club's confirmed £#%&! all, which given we're in a field of one for Vidal doesn't make sense, everyone on the internet thinks we're buying him, any other buyer would've appeared by now. Us saying we are or are not negotiating would change little.yet we haven't

Either way van Gaal would "see his arse" in full Technicolor in a press conference not whispering behind his hankie to sources.
Yes, but it is frankly impossible to believe that LvG will be happy with the squad as it is now. Did he *really* expect to be giving somebody (Blackett) his first team debut on Saturday??

What is going on, then?

Unread 14-08-2014, 08:52 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but it is frankly impossible to believe that LvG will be happy with the squad as it is now. Did he *really* expect to be giving somebody (Blackett) his first team debut on Saturday??

What is going on, then?
He has already moaned about the commercial side of the club. Come September 1st he will realise our transfer policy is a £#%&!ing joke too and wonder what he is doing here. At least Spurs would've spent some cash...

Unread 14-08-2014, 09:03 PM
ryanMUFC

[SIZE="7"]'The Equaliser'

Unread 14-08-2014, 09:13 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
[SIZE="7"]'The Equaliser'
Tbf you have stuck by your guns with that distain for him and you have been spot on.

Unread 15-08-2014, 02:10 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
LVG has to take fair share of his blame tbh. Again everything seems so lazy. This whole concept of giving everyone a chance is bullshit.
Exactly what it was, media bullshit. If you think van gaal was actually saying that behind the scenes and being truthful with the media, then there's no hope for you. He tells the media £#%&! all. He'll only reveal the truth of a situation if he has a purpose behind it or is £#%&!ing off.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:25 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Exactly what it was, media bullshit. If you think van gaal was actually saying that behind the scenes and being truthful with the media, then there's no hope for you. He tells the media £#%&! all. He'll only reveal the truth of a situation if he has a purpose behind it or is £#%&!ing off.
This.

He has to say he is giving the squad a chance to prevent squad unrest. Publically slating the players done David Moyes the world of good last year...

Still, same squad no more signings.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:50 AM
rebelcountyred

I like it when we are linked with gettable players like herrerra and rojo rather than these pie in the sky links like hummels, Vidal, di Maria. Sick of the sagas, want to see actual recruits, at this stage I would me happy with rojo, de jong and blind, our squad would be improved with those three and we would have a good chance of a top four finish. I know they are not top quality signings but lets be honest and admit that the only way we will get a top player at united is by bringing one through the academy, thinking along the lines of Wilson, Lawrence etc.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:55 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
I like it when we are linked with gettable players like herrerra and rojo rather than these pie in the sky links like hummels, Vidal, di Maria. Sick of the sagas, want to see actual recruits, at this stage I would me happy with rojo, de jong and blind, our squad would be improved with those three and we would have a good chance of a top four finish. I know they are not top quality signings but lets be honest and admit that the only way we will get a top player at united is by bringing one through the academy, thinking along the lines of Wilson, Lawrence etc.
That's the thing, though, we SHOULD be signing these types of players. City do it, Chelsea do it - even Arsenal have now got in on the act. All this 'biggest club in the world' bullshit that they keep telling everyone mean £#%&! all unless you prove it by bringing in the world's top players.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:05 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
That's the thing, though, we SHOULD be signing these types of players. City do it, Chelsea do it - even Arsenal have now got in on the act. All this 'biggest club in the world' bullshit that they keep telling everyone mean £#%&! all unless you prove it by bringing in the world's top players.
do you really buy into the biggest club in the world lark? I don't, I think a more accurate moniker would be biggest cash cow in the world, people that own/run this cub have no interest in football, when woodie talks the talk it is for marketing reasons, empty rhetoric for the masses, hot air.
We have a huge fan base, global appeal, unparalled history and a mid table budget. Oh and greedy avaricious owners. We will not compete for the best players in the world until the gimps are gone.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:13 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
do you really buy into the biggest club in the world lark? I don't, I think a more accurate moniker would be biggest cash cow in the world, people that own/run this cub have no interest in football, when woodie talks the talk it is for marketing reasons, empty rhetoric for the masses, hot air.
We have a huge fan base, global appeal, unparalled history and a mid table budget. Oh and greedy avaricious owners. We will not compete for the best players in the world until the gimps are gone.
Of course not. I've said on here a few times its a myth and marketing bullshit that the club try to ram down everyone's throats. it's cringe worthy when they use the line when every other top side is signing top players.
Closed Thread