United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Boss troubled by major decisions

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson added three more refereeing decisions to a growing list of gripes in the aftermath of United's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

The manager criticised the call to punish Michael Carrick for handball in the 85th minute, given that Michael Essien's cross was destined to be cleared.

"It’s a major decision that’s cost us the game," Sir Alex rued. "To give a penalty for that in a game of such importance, on the linesman’s say-so, is absolutely diabolical.

"Granted the ball hit his (Carrick's) hand but he couldn’t get out of the road. He didn’t lift his hands above his shoulders or above his head, and the ball was going straight to Rio Ferdinand anyway. The referee should have seen that.

"Earlier, when Ronaldo came on, he was grappled almost to the floor by (Michael) Ballack (at a United corner) and it was a clear penalty kick. And when Michael Carrick went down in the same way, the referee was right there but again he didn't give it. The game hinged on major decisions and unfortunately they didn’t go our way."

Sir Alex cited several other examples from recent weeks when calls made by either the referee or his assistants have affected United's quest for domestic success.

"We were knocked out of the FA Cup after not getting a penalty kick," he recalled.

"We should have had a penalty from Mike Riley at Middlesbrough when their player dived and saved the ball. And the linesman we had today, Glenn Turner, flagged Wayne Rooney when he was through and five yards onside.
"Then last week at Blackburn, Rob Styles, who’s turned down five penalty kicks for us this season, didn't give one out of three.

"If we don't get the decisions we deserve, we're going to have to perform really well."

For all his anger at the officials, Sir Alex accepted his players didn't perform as well as they can against a Chelsea side desperately trying to keep the title race alive.

"In fairness to Chelsea they were the better team in the first half," said the boss.

"Sometimes after a European game it takes us a while to get our legs going and the Vidic injury after eight minutes didn’t help us.

"I was hoping to get in at half-time 0-0 and get things going better in the second half but unfortunately Chelsea got a goal right on half-time."

Sir Alex admitted thinking his side would go on to win when Wayne Rooney equalised 12 minutes after the break: “I did, we played very well in the second half and we had one or two chances but unfortunately it didn’t happen for us."

Now United need it to happen against West Ham and Wigan on 3 and 11 May.

"The title race is still in our hands," said Sir Alex defiantly. "Our supporters will be really fired up for next Saturday and hopefully we can get the result we want."

Sir Alex Ferguson was talking to MUTV.

Whatever the £#%&!wits, doomlords, ABF tactical geniuses and other assorted ABU @#%&!s think about the flow of recent matches, what he says about the officiating of United matches of late is 100% accurate.

You see that penalty gifted to Chelsea at such a crunch moment today, and you have to ask why United didn't get the handball by Emerton last week, or that £#%&!ing save their defender did at 'boro'. And a whole string of penalty shouts of all types many clear stonewallers throughout the season. Te football media are gonna go to town on this being the first penalty United have conceded all season. But have we had any real dodgy ones for us? Any real dubious crunch ones? No. We've had referees turning a blind eye to justice and they've been working against us all £#%&!ing season. It started pretty much with that pathetic and biased dismissal of Ronaldo at Portsmouth, and it has never really let up since. United's players must not let these @#%&!s deny them their chance of winning this league again.

Anyone remember Tim Breacker in 95 tipping the ball literally right off Steve Bruce's forehead from a corner?

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:52 PM
RedArmy20

too much moaning. but i agree some decisions that have gone against us have been disgraceful to say the least.

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Think he's trying to build up the old seige mentality a bit, which is probably no bad thing. Hopefully the players will have fire coming out of their arses the next 3 games

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Kim Jong-il

Fans troubled by boss's decisions.

wonky no

he's embarrassing himself regarding todays pen. it was a pen and he gave a pen.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
so was the one on Ronaldo and he didn't give a pen....bit more than embarrassing

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
too much moaning. but i agree some decisions that have gone against us have been disgraceful to say the least.
Agree too much moaning tbf - and it only encourages the @#%&!s - but it sounds a totally rational interview.

Usually try and post Quieroz's BBC interviews post match but it's a whining 5 minute bore today

Unread 26-04-2008, 08:57 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
blue inked pen that is

Unread 26-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I've seen it once in the pub and not very clearly either.

But it looked a very very soft one.

Unread 26-04-2008, 09:31 PM
chorleyred

was deffo a pen, but when ballack was trying to £#%&! ronaldo in the box that was every bit as much a pen

was surprised at @#%&! cole too. went down like he'd been shot when nani never touched him, then jumped up to save him getting a yellow, must've realised he'd have looked a @#%&!

Unread 26-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
was deffo a pen, but when ballack was trying to £#%&! ronaldo in the box that was every bit as much a pen

was surprised at @#%&! cole too. went down like he'd been shot when nani never touched him, then jumped up to save him getting a yellow, must've realised he'd have looked a @#%&!
coles never cared about that before

Unread 26-04-2008, 09:37 PM
chorleyred

to be honest apart from the ronny pen claim, I didn't think the ref had that bad a game

first half we gave him nothing to ref tbh

Unread 26-04-2008, 09:39 PM
armchair

reffed like it was the Pat Lampard Testimonial

Unread 26-04-2008, 10:01 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
so was the one on Ronaldo and he didn't give a pen....bit more than embarrassing
he didn't give theirs either, it was the linesman. i can remember a few of us (myself included) when wenger was winging about refs.

ours was a pen, deffo.

Unread 26-04-2008, 10:05 PM
JakeB

Playing like Liverpool and moaning like Arsenal..wouldnt have expected that a few weeks ago, united do keeps us on our toes dont they

Unread 26-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Whatever the £#%&!wits, doomlords, ABF tactical geniuses and other assorted ABU @#%&!s think about the flow of recent matches, what he says about the officiating of United matches of late is 100% accurate.

You see that penalty gifted to Chelsea at such a crunch moment today, and you have to ask why United didn't get the handball by Emerton last week, or that £#%&!ing save their defender did at 'boro'. And a whole string of penalty shouts of all types many clear stonewallers throughout the season. Te football media are gonna go to town on this being the first penalty United have conceded all season. But have we had any real dodgy ones for us? Any real dubious crunch ones? No. We've had referees turning a blind eye to justice and they've been working against us all £#%&!ing season. It started pretty much with that pathetic and biased dismissal of Ronaldo at Portsmouth, and it has never really let up since. United's players must not let these @#%&!s deny them their chance of winning this league again.

Anyone remember Tim Breacker in 95 tipping the ball literally right off Steve Bruce's forehead from a corner?
I agree that we've had a lot of bad luck recently, but I'm surprised you're even that bothered given you said it doesnt matter if we lose to Chelski?

Unread 26-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Refs fault again eh? £#%&!ing bastards they are, how dare they not hand us the three points on a silver platter especially seen as we played so well

I'm £#%&!ing sick of fergie blaming the ref everytime we lose - he doesnt do interviews after we lose either, lack of dignity in defeat paints our club as classless.

What he should be saying is 'i £#%&!ed with the team and we lost because of it' really getting old his blame the ref when we lose routine.

It's a fact that decisions even out over the season.

Unread 26-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
I agree that we've had a lot of bad luck recently, but I'm surprised you're even that bothered given you said it doesnt matter if we lose to Chelski?
West Ham and Wigan hold no fears for me at all is the point.

I said Rooney shouldn't play as well if you remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Refs fault again eh? £#%&!ing bastards they are, how dare they not hand us the three points on a silver platter especially seen as we played so well

I'm £#%&!ing sick of fergie blaming the ref everytime we lose - he doesnt do interviews after we lose either, lack of dignity in defeat paints our club as classless.

What he should be saying is 'i £#%&!ed with the team and we lost because of it' really getting old his blame the ref when we lose routine.

Ferguson virtually ALWAYS does post-match interviews, win, lose or draw.

And who on earth should get the blame for the string of ridiculous and obviously biased decisions that have gone against United in recent weeks?

What the £#%&! you're on about is anybody's guess.

Unread 26-04-2008, 11:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

I heard fergie's after match interview

Unread 26-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
No, it's a cliche not a fact you £#%&!ing pillock.
Closed Thread