United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2016, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
And you were praising Guardiola for stocking up with lots of wide/forward options and said you wished we did the same.
Wasn't that dunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don't think he did...
He has form though.
I won't give up hope.
Probably just claim he's forgotten his password again

Unread 20-10-2016, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes that's the same with virtually transfer after a new appointment . In the months before he joins, the incoming manager lets his soon-to-be club know his main transfer targets, and they sign after the new manager signs. Surely this isnt difficult to understand? What more did you expect City to do, start buying Pellegrini midgets who look good in a five-side match, and midfielders who might fancy a run-out at centre-back? And you were praising Guardiola for stocking up with lots of wide/forward options and said you wished we did the same.

You keep going on like English clubs are the only ones who operate in this way. The majority of continental clubs are the exactly the same, no matter how many times you mention Bayern and Ancelotti. Trying to tar all foreign clubs as these wonderful planners is illogical. You ever heard of Serie A or La Liga mate?
Hold on. YOU said they prepared for his arrival I'm saying they didn't. Whether it's common or any of that other stuff is irrelevant.

Though having such a long time to prepare for a new manager is a fairly unique situation. City could have better taken advantage, imo.

Unread 20-10-2016, 10:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hold on. YOU said they prepared for his arrival I'm saying they didn't. Whether it's common or any of that other stuff is irrelevant.

Though having such a long time to prepare for a new manager is a fairly unique situation. City could have better taken advantage, imo.
Thank jaysus they haven't.

We really need this to fail.

Unread 20-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:

Quote:
I don't think any of the big English clubs are that organised,
How is that irrelevant? I've pointed out several times that City were very organised even if they didnt buy him an entire team before his arrival. You've been banging on about English clubs not preparing properly for their next manage. In reality, in general they are no different to teams elsewhere.

Unread 20-10-2016, 10:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Don't worry about me, pal. I see this nonsense for what it is

Genuinely think I'm one of the least conceited people on here tbh. Seems most just can't handle people disagreeing with them

Forum's lost way too many Big Dogs in recent times. Where's Fuzzy?
There's a lot of Fallout 4 dlc atm. He'll be balls-deep in a post-apocalyptic hinterland.

Unread 20-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
In other words, why didn't he sign ten players? Only so much can be done in one summer. Likely there will be more changes in January.
If the shit he bought were his priority signings, I can't wait to see who his secondary signings are.

Unread 21-10-2016, 12:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
How is that irrelevant? I've pointed out several times that City were very organised even if they didnt buy him an entire team before his arrival. You've been banging on about English clubs not preparing properly for their next manage. In reality, in general they are no different to teams elsewhere.
In reality, they underachieve massively relative to the huge financial advantage they have.

Personally I think the growing financial supremacy is bad for innovation and organisation, as that article suggested.

Unread 21-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Iron Fist

Quote:
In reality, they underachieve massively relative to the huge financial advantage they have.

Personally I think the growing financial supremacy is bad for innovation and organisation, as that article suggested.
Well they dont really have a financial advantage to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern (one, two and four in terms of revenue).

Nor do they really have an advantage over PSG.

They certainly have underachieved compared to Atletico, but that's only the past few years.

Dortmund had a good couple of years, but last season they werent even in the competition.

They have underachieved compared to Juventus I suppose. Other Italian teams have really struggled in the Champions League the past few years.

Porto and Lyon had excellent records a few years back - but that was at a time when English teams were dominant, and people abroad were expressing concern over it.

Most of the top managers in world football work over here too, so clearly they dont have a problem with how teams are run in England, or the planning that goes on here.

Unread 21-10-2016, 12:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well they dont really have a financial advantage to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern (one, two and four in terms of revenue).

Nor do they really have an advantage over PSG.

They certainly have underachieved compared to Atletico, but that's only the past few years.

Dortmund had a good couple of years, but last season they werent even in the competition.

They have underachieved compared to Juventus I suppose. Other Italian teams have really struggled in the Champions League the past few years.

Porto and Lyon had excellent records a few years back - but that was at a time when English teams were dominant, and people abroad were expressing concern over it.

Most of the top managers in world football work over here too, so clearly they dont have a problem with how teams are run in England, or the planning that goes on here.
They underachieved compared to Leicester

But they do underachieve compared to those big clubs. They may not have quite the same amount of money as the elite, but there really isn't that much in it. Not enough for them to be so far behind, anyway. I just think you look across Europe and you see well run clubs - Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Juve, Sevilla, Benfica, Porto, PSV etc - and I'm not sure a single one of the top clubs in England would qualify as being well run on and off the pitch. Some - including us - clearly have it right off the field, but that's the easy part.

And managers coming is no indication. England has fantastic football culture, tradition and opportunity. And potential.

Unread 21-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
They underachieved compared to Leicester

But they do underachieve compared to those big clubs. They may not have quite the same amount of money as the elite, but there really isn't that much in it. Not enough for them to be so far behind, anyway. I just think you look across Europe and you see well run clubs - Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Juve, Sevilla, Benfica, Porto, PSV etc - and I'm not sure a single one of the top clubs in England would qualify as being well run on and off the pitch. Some - including us - clearly have it right off the field, but that's the easy part.

And managers coming is no indication. England has fantastic football culture, tradition and opportunity. And potential.
if only united was a "well run club"

https://tickets-fcb.fcbarcelona.com/...187.1477058996

Unread 21-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Aren't Barca "so well run" that they had a year transfer ban?
Closed Thread