United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Rattled...
well.... ok, then.

I mean... it's either that or you are talking %@#$&!s. hard to say, given your apparent telepathic insight.

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Everyone else on Fred:

"£#%&!ing hell! Another easy chance, that should be 6-0!"

Jem, on his own:

"Nah, we should be 4 down. Their right back has had more space than Onana."

Fred:

""
Can't help but admire it tbh. The entire forum on the match thread going 'wtf', but he ploughs on regardless.

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:37 PM
no fun

Jem, can I just check a couple of things with you?

Is the pope a catholic?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Pretty sure I know the answers to both, but just want to make sure

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Can't help but admire it tbh. The entire forum on the match thread going 'wtf', but he ploughs on regardless.
it's not even a point of any particular interest. the response was quite ridiculous. I don't think we were playing that well. I think a few people have fogotten what a properly dominant performance looks like. perhaps they were overcome by the beauty of our goals, but they were not representative of our general play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Jem, can I just check a couple of things with you?

Is the pope a catholic?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Pretty sure I know the answers to both, but just want to make sure
the pope certainly affects a degree of catholicism, as it is good for maintaining his position in the religious mafia.

bears that live in the woods invariably shit in the woods. polar bears... not so much.

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He just sees things the rest of us don't. Must be a curse sometimes.

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:56 PM
jem

Quote:
I'm not unhappy about viewing the world differently to the way you view it, that's for sure.

Unread 02-02-2024, 05:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 02-02-2024, 06:04 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm not unhappy about viewing the world differently to the way you view it, that's for sure.
I’m very happy that I view brexit and Boris Johnson differently to you

Unread 02-02-2024, 06:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m very happy that I view brexit and Boris Johnson differently to you
our views on boris aren't that different. the gap is between your view and your made-up version of my view, which is not the same thing.

Unread 02-02-2024, 07:21 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
our views on boris aren't that different. the gap is between your view and your made-up version of my view, which is not the same thing.
Apologies for going off topic, will put it right in a mo

My view is I’d never vote for him or who he represents

You did

Right then, 2-0 is better than 1-0 or 2-1, mad to say otherwise

Unread 02-02-2024, 07:57 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

Weirdly, considering it was 2-0, I was fuming at half time, as I knew we'd played well but that it should have been 4-0 and knowing our inevitable collapse was coming.
I get what you’re saying. Once upon a time, United being 2 goals to the good at HT would’ve had the fans on easy street and the opposition fearing an absolute hiding. At this particular point though, everyone knows a goal conceded causes us to wobble horrendously so we never feel confident at 2-0 and opponents know they’re still in the game.

Those two offside goals were so frustrating. Neither of them needed to be offside for the ball to end up in the net. The flip side of course being that, on two occasions, we were inches from putting it to bed before half-time. Which is a marked improvement to say we didn’t look like we could create a chance for toffee a couple of months ago.

Unread 04-02-2024, 04:57 PM
armchair

Nice to see a lesson learned.

Unread 04-02-2024, 04:59 PM
larry

2-0 to 3-0
easy

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:03 PM
red in cumbria

Makes a change

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
2-0 to 3-0
easy
it's lucky no one cares enough to point out that you predicted 2-2 when mctog came on. because it was a stupid substitution and we got lucky when we were under pressure. then west ham gave up. it's no kind of indication we've learned to see out a game.

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's lucky no one cares enough to point out that you predicted 2-2 when mctog came on.
my prediction was in jest as i hate The Scottish Player

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
my prediction was in jest as i hate The Scottish Player
nevertheless, it was a typical 10h substitution and not a sign he has learned anything. today, it worked. other days, it won't.

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Nice to see a lesson learned.
Wasn't pretty in that first half, but feel Erik has took the giddiness out of us as a tactical change....

Lots of time we just kept possession and went back....

Lesson learnt ? Spells of bravado are to be harnessed....

The Dutch genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nevertheless, it was a typical 10h substitution and not a sign he has learned anything. today, it worked. other days, it won't.
Kobe is 18 years old, no need to run him into the ground after 100 minutes mid week....
.you know this.

Good change.

Unread 04-02-2024, 06:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Kobe is 18 years old, no need to run him into the ground after 100 minutes mid week....
.you know this.

Good change.
cut bunks, he bleeds orange.

mainoo off not so bad (although others were playing like donkeys), but mctog on is no way to contain. seems more like a desperate ploy if we need to get back into a game. he's not a dm. given how slow and lungey cass was, mccass was a bad idea. amrabat was available.

should have subbed rashford, too.

in any case, not a sign of anything learned. just that shit that could have happened didn't.

Unread 04-02-2024, 07:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cut bunks, he bleeds orange.

mainoo off not so bad (although others were playing like donkeys), but mctog on is no way to contain. seems more like a desperate ploy if we need to get back into a game. he's not a dm. given how slow and lungey cass was, mccass was a bad idea. amrabat was available.

should have subbed rashford, too.

in any case, not a sign of anything learned. just that shit that could have happened didn't.
Against West Ham today it’s obviously wasn’t a bad idea , we won 3-0? You’re complaining about something that didn’t happen.

Nobody wants to see The Scottish Player play but we were two up and giving Mainoo a bit of an early finish wasn’t a bad idea