United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:48 AM
armchair

Default Villa Build Up

Same team except Varane in for Martinez. I'd almost give that young french kid a go instead, if he has any pace.

Villa beat Shef United 0-5 in their last pl game, but before that, they drew with Everton and lost to Newcastle, so maybe their form isn't all we thought, given their position in the table.

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Stickman

We could really do with knocking over a decent side on the road….

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
We could really do with knocking over a decent side on the road….
Wot? A cyclist ?

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Time For Heroes

They were pretty poor last night so I expect at least three of their players to hit worldies in the top corner or make last ditch off the line clearances.

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:28 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
They were pretty poor last night so I expect at least three of their players to hit worldies in the top corner or make last ditch off the line clearances.
and McGinn to foul all game

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
and McGinn to foul all game
But Casemiro gets booked

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:49 PM
dragflick

Picked up a ticket for this yesterday Fully expecting Villa to play like Barca '09 on Sunday after their shite display last night.

Same team with Varane in for Martinez like others have said. He'll be a big miss though, Varane and Maguire are pretty suspect pace wise.

4-1 Villa, Casemiro red card.

Unread 08-02-2024, 03:50 PM
Jethro

Bailey to play like a 21 year old Ronaldo

Unread 08-02-2024, 05:17 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Bailey to play like a 21 year old Ronaldo
Maguire to play like a 74 year old paraplegic

Unread 08-02-2024, 05:52 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
Yeah last night was a disastrous outcome for us,will totally fire them right up for when we come to town

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:03 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Yeah last night was a disastrous outcome for us,will totally fire them right up for when we come to town
It wasn’t. The last thing we wanted to happen was to see them get a confidence boosting win.

They were unbeaten for over a year at Villa Park until they lost their last two home matches.

They’ve been well beaten in 2 of their last 3 matches and have looked ordinary for the last 2 months masked only by the hammering of no-hopers Sheffield United.

We are playing them just at the right time

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:32 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli View Post
It wasn’t. The last thing we wanted to happen was to see them get a confidence boosting win.

They were unbeaten for over a year at Villa Park until they lost their last two home matches.

They’ve been well beaten in 2 of their last 3 matches and have looked ordinary for the last 2 months masked only by the hammering of no-hopers Sheffield United.

We are playing them just at the right time

Bravo, exactly, a bit of optimism for a change. Glass half full etc.

Don’t forget we’ve got most of the team back now and front three scoring.

2-1 Villa

Unread 09-02-2024, 02:48 PM
wiganste

Didn't manage to get a ticket for this and that means my 100% record for attending games this season (home, away & europe) has come to an end.

Looks like I'll get a case of Simon Weston's in and watch on the box

Unread 09-02-2024, 05:12 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
didn't manage to get a ticket for this and that means my 100% record for attending games this season (home, away & europe) has come to an end.

Looks like i'll get a case of simon weston's in and watch on the box
jcl!

Unread 09-02-2024, 05:14 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Didn't manage to get a ticket for this and that means my 100% record for attending games this season (home, away & europe) has come to an end.

Repped.

Feeling a score draw here.

Unread 09-02-2024, 06:46 PM
larry

Quote:

wait, u go to games? never would have known

Unread 10-02-2024, 12:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Obvs a win would be wonderful but a draw would be very reasonable here imo.

Be good to avoid any £#%&! ups.

Martinez is like Rapunzel’s hair as far as United are concerned. Him missing is like her hair being bloody cut off.

Not sure that makes any kind of sense whatsoever so I’ll just leave that there.

Unread 10-02-2024, 01:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Same team except Varane in for Martinez. I'd almost give that young french kid a go instead, if he has any pace.
maguire and varane not a good idea. would rather see kambwala and linde than that.