United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:38 AM
armchair

Default Stick to Football : Secret Santa, Parties & Football At Christmas!

00:00 Behind The Scenes
01:25 Introduction
01:40 Secret Santa gifts
08:47 Christmas Crackers
13:04 Ian being in a film "The Kitchen"
18:23 Jill watching Mary Earps pick up the SPOTY Award
20:00 Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United reaction
27:55 Christmas Dinner arrives
29:04 Christmas as footballers
39:20 Super 6
48:20 Community Questions & Christmas Pudding
49:15 Should Nottingham Forest have sacked Steve Cooper?
56:26 Have managers overstepped their mark?
01:03:44 Should extra-time be scrapped?

I skip the behind the scenes at the start. It triggers me. 10 mins in and I've had a couple of laughs. Skipping lots.

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:02 PM
My Name is Heath

Not the best one but still very good.

Nearly finished - the woman whose names escapes me - Jill? - is on good banter form.

Unread 22-12-2023, 08:39 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Made me laugh a few times, but if this becomes too bantzy and not enough insight people will tire of it quickly. Can’t even tell what they’re cracking up at half the time. Carragher mumbles and Keano mutters.

Unread 22-12-2023, 08:42 AM
Patty_b

My favourite podcast now, although they spend too much time on the Super 6 stuff imo. Suppose that's probably what's paying for the podcast in the first place though.

Unread 22-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Arnold Muhren

Just listened to it, a decent listen for the drive home. Does Jill Scott have a writer? She was actually very good on this but is shit on comms/punditry generally.

Unread 23-12-2023, 04:16 AM
Denis Irwell

Not up to usual standard but still good, apart from Carragher.

Have to admit, I harboured the notion that one of the reasons Stam was transferred was because of poor positioning, esp with regards to Owen and Anelka, (among one or two others) both of whom took him to the cleaners a few times, and it was something Ferie felt he needed to fix and nothing to do with the nonsense in the book. Oblivious to Uniteds gung ho approach that left him and Ronny alone to deal with fast players whilst our full backs were stranded up front. Demonstrates the regard and faith that Fergie had in them both. Financial decisions happened over football decisions even then. Shame about Ronny’s injuries too, because they were both outstanding.

Unread 23-12-2023, 08:17 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not up to usual standard but still good, apart from Carragher.

Have to admit, I harboured the notion that one of the reasons Stam was transferred was because of poor positioning, esp with regards to Owen and Anelka, (among one or two others) both of whom took him to the cleaners a few times, and it was something Ferie felt he needed to fix and nothing to do with the nonsense in the book. Oblivious to Uniteds gung ho approach that left him and Ronny alone to deal with fast players whilst our full backs were stranded up front. Demonstrates the regard and faith that Fergie had in them both. Financial decisions happened over football decisions even then. Shame about Ronny’s injuries too, because they were both outstanding.
Thing is, he replaced Stam with Blanc

Unread 23-12-2023, 09:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Thing is, he replaced Stam with Blanc
Hmmmm..

Indicative of the following years. We should have built on that like Madrid did. Really missed our way there.

Unread 23-12-2023, 09:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis
Hmmmm..

Indicative of the following years. We should have built on that like Madrid did. Really missed our way there.
We were a cross between arrogant and tight post 99. 08 the glazers had started to sink their teeth in properly.