United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
A top coach would have won more than 2 scabbed european cups with the players and resources ferie had.
Don't forget 13 league titles, 5 fa cups, 3 league cups.. Never see his like again at Utd or anywhere else..

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Don't forget 13 league titles, 5 fa cups, 3 league cups.. Never see his like again at Utd or anywhere else..
Still managed to appoint Moyes though.

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
A top coach would have won more than 2 scabbed european cups with the players and resources ferie had.
scabbed? how £#%&!ing dare you

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:50 PM
puressence

scabbed 2 euro cups out played in the other 2 .... should have been alot more , the facts are there he wasnt a tactical coach . had veron couldnt work out how to use him . bought kagawa the same .. he hadnt been on the training ground for 5 years . all facts not made up ...

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:51 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
scabbed? how £#%&!ing dare you
ffs the bar and posts saved us in both wins thats not made up the proof is out there

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
ffs the bar and posts saved us in both wins thats not made up the proof is out there
And chelsea's equaliser deflected RIGHT into the path of Lampard.....Giggs had one headed off the line. It was a very evenly matched final.

John Terry failing to convert a penalty is no more lucky than Ronaldo missing his.

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And chelsea's equaliser deflected RIGHT into the path of Lampard.....Giggs had one headed off the line. It was a very evenly matched final.

John Terry failing to convert a penalty is no more lucky than Ronaldo missing his.
I think it was

Ronaldo's was poor and saved. Terry slipped and yet it hit the bar.

made it more wonderful though. wouldn't have been the same if terry's was just a poor penalty saved by VDS.

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
I think it was

Ronaldo's was poor and saved. Terry slipped and yet it hit the bar.

made it more wonderful though. wouldn't have been the same if terry's was just a poor penalty saved by VDS.
Anelka's was a poor penalty saved by VDS

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:04 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Anelka's was a poor penalty saved by VDS
yes but that's not the defining image in people's mind when you come to think of moscow 2008 CL final (Even though VDS celebration after saving penalty was legendary)

its this

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:12 PM
puressence

beat bm in 3 minutes of 93 minutes should have been 3 down its not made up

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Why the £#%&! "should" we have been three down you £#%&!ing mess?

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Love the detail he goes to.

Unread 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
why should we?

bayern missed chances. its not luck. its missing the target. However close the crossbar and post is.

We COULD have been three down.

any response to my chelsea game post? actually don't bother.

Unread 01-08-2014, 08:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
We absolutely murdered Bayern for the last half hour, you £#%&!ing tart :shakehead:

Unread 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We absolutely murdered Bayern for the last half hour, you £#%&!ing tart :shakehead:
pardon ///mate im not saying u were there or not but we did not murder bm in any part of that game bar injury time dont make things up go back and watch the game ... its out there

Unread 01-08-2014, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
pardon ///mate im not saying u were there or not but we did not murder bm in any part of that game bar injury time dont make things up go back and watch the game ... its out there
I have watched it a number of times - its been on MUTV often enough, after all

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Love the detail he goes to.
Yes, but it makes it understandable why it is said that his methods work better with younger, unestablished players. Players at that stage of their career are more accepting of the constant scrutiny and analysis of their game, they are in a learning phase.

It is a fine line though, you do not want players to become entirely systematic in their play. One of Fergie's main tactical characteristics was the freedom he gave to the attacking players. Yes, he had a broad framework that they played within, but he always wanted the players to express their individuality. Giggs is the prime example, gave the ball away quite often through his career, had many awful games but was still allowed to play with freedom and as his instincts demanded. The manager trusting the natural ability of his players to come through, a light touch on the tactics and a focus on man management. A different style, not an inferior one.

Unread 02-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Neo

Tbh, a guy on his salary should be expected to 'go into detail', ffs.

Everyone is raving about his use of video cameras and installing some trees at Carrington, but he's probably on £10m+ a year.

I'll reserve my sycophantic praise until we've conquered Europe playing attacking football in a style that has Johan Cruyff envious.

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

How much was Moyes on?

(genuine question, if I ever knew it has been blotted from my memory )

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:59 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Default Louis van Gaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
How much was Moyes on?

(genuine question, if I ever knew it has been blotted from my memory )

6 million a year for six years ycnmiu.
Closed Thread