United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Thumbs up I leave for the World Cup tomorrow

Got tickets for 9 games including Englands games, hopefully get another couple of matches out there. Will be seeing France, Italy, Holland, Paraguay, Uruguay, Cameroon, Portugal, Spain and England, amongst other smaller teams.

Flying into Lusaka in Zambia. Down to Victoria Falls for a week, gotta find a bar for United v Stoke on Sunday soon after i get there. Safari in Botswana then onto the Skeleton Coast and Swakopmund/Windhoek in Namibia for adventure activities etc...

Down to Cape Town, get there on June 8th.

Havn't decided when im coming home, should be before it ends but never know!!

Will try and post some photos if and when i can.

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Ginners

Thumbs up Re: I leave for the World Cup tomorrow

lucky bastard.

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Default Re: I leave for the World Cup tomorrow

you lucky @#%&!.

Who you supporting?

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
The Watcher

Sounds £#%&!ing brilliant, I'm sure you'll have a great time

Shame you'll miss us winning the League though

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
jaffo

Thumbs up Re: I leave for the World Cup tomorrow

Have a great trip you lucky sod

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
you lucky @#%&!.

Who you supporting?
anyone really, want England to win it though not as arsed as i would be with United.

teams with the fittest female supporters will get my attention (Uruguay ).

Hope some teams bring decent ultras and atmosphere.

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Sounds £#%&!ing brilliant, I'm sure you'll have a great time

Shame you'll miss us winning the League though
apparently most Zambians love United so will be surrounded by fans hopefully, prob be a better atmosphere than OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Have a great trip you lucky sod
Cheers mate

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I have been invited to watch Slovakia v Italy on 24th June. In Polokwane.

Polokwane is often described as a vibrant, busy and colourful wonderland in a sea of grasslands, surrounded by scenic mountains. It is home to many fascinating people and some remarkable cultural diversity. Polokwane is situated at the centre of the Limpopo Province and is surrounded by three of South Africa's neighbours: Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. It is the economic and cultural hub of Limpopo and is attracting investments into the province. This is also the land of the upside down tree known as ‘Baobab', which is the biggest tree in Africa.

I honestly can't be arsed.

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Sloppy

Rubber up. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1018041.ece

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
waynes ear's

are you walking there?

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Room for a fat @#%&!?

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Room for a fat @#%&!?
if you had asked me before i packed my bag...

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
if you had asked me before i packed my bag...
I could squeeze an arse cheek in....maybe not actually

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Got tickets for 9 games including Englands games, hopefully get another couple of matches out there. Will be seeing France, Italy, Holland, Paraguay, Uruguay, Cameroon, Portugal, Spain and England, amongst other smaller teams.

Flying into Lusaka in Zambia. Down to Victoria Falls for a week, gotta find a bar for United v Stoke on Sunday soon after i get there. Safari in Botswana then onto the Skeleton Coast and Swakopmund/Windhoek in Namibia for adventure activities etc...

Down to Cape Town, get there on June 8th.

Havn't decided when im coming home, should be before it ends but never know!!

Will try and post some photos if and when i can.
is it part of your job thats taking you out there or you just on a `£#%&! it - i'll do what i want for a few months` break?

jammy git. Enjoy.

Unread 04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

http://www.calypsostarcharter.com.au/photos.htm

some class photos on here. reckon i'll do it in oz one day tbh

Unread 04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Got tickets for 9 games....
sounds like the trip of a lifetime

have a wiked time and be sure to take as many pictures of birds and food as possible

Unread 04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Appletango

I am very jealous. I hope you have a good time.

One of my ten things to do before I die is to attend as many games as possible at a world cup.

Plenty of updates if possible please.

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
another lad is sorting the cage diving so thats getting finalized when we get there, staying in Simonstown so loads of diving schools etc...

one thing for certain, im going to make the most of it, cos i'll be £#%&!ing skint when i get back.
Quality - Simonstown was just a bit too far for us to visit on the day we got to drive about, but has a great reputation.

& tbf, I found Cape Town incredibly cheap, the exchange rate is relatively favourable (nothing like it was 18 months ago) so get involved in everything. If you're on safari, and visit a croc farm, I was told crocadile cage diving was the "new" thing there

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Withers

Rather you than me.

I'd be homesick before the United-Stoke game.

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

you lucky £#%&!er barrers. i am obsessed with sharks tbh. i cannot wait to give shark cage diving a go. how was it? how big are the £#%&!ers?
It was £#%&!ing surreal, all my shark knowledge was from Jaws, Planet Earth docs where you see them breaching & Wild Boyz where Steve-O & Party Boy go swimming in Shark Alley & then you see them get out & a £#%&!ing massive great white breaches & batters a seal to £#%&!... so I was expecting fireworks. Turns out they are actually pretty docile, inquisitive & still £#%&!ing HUGE even when babies. As mentioned, I saw 8 - lucky @#%&! - but none bigger than 3.5m, which we were advised were toddlers. The females need to be 5m minimum to breed, as the babies are 1.5m when they pop out, & they basically never see them that large any more due to the utter, utter £#%&!ing @#%&!ing @#%&!s that hunt them

The whole experience, you get a wet suit, face mask, then hope in a 3m cage through the lid & when they draw the shark in with a tuna's head on a rope the great white passes incredibly close to the cage, you push yourself under & hold onto the bar & there's a nice viewing gap, I could have stuck my arm out & touched the Jamie Redknapp looking eyes £#%&!ers, but I wasn't that much of an idiot & it is illegal. Being maybe 12" eye to eye with the great white, even a baby, is an experience you don't forget, I feel like a lucky, lucky bastard getting the chance to do it, and in SA it's the only place you get to go out on a day trip to do it. Usually in places like Mexico, New Zealand etc you need to go out to sea for 3 to 7 days, and it's expensive. In SA it's approx £150 for collection, food, the wet suit, the trip & everything (except the DVD at the end, I bought that seperately so I can remind myself of the hugely masculine look on my face when I got out of the water... something like this.... ). Bargain.

This - if it works - is a pic I took.... spoilered for size

Spoiler:
click to showhide
click to showhide
Closed Thread