United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Bishovetz

Default Munich 50th anniversary:

Munich - Proposing 3 events

1. Local artist is going to decorate the Sth Stand tunnel with mural dedicated to Busby Babes which is likely to be permanent. This will focus on the birth of the babes to about 10 years after the crash

2. interdemoninational memorial service and tribute to the players on the day at OT. This will be filmed and shown free on MUTV

3. Wreath laying on the pitch at the next match after the anniversary which happens to be against the bluenoses. There will be a minutes silence. This received many comments regarding the likelihood of this being disrupted by the bitters who will show their true colours despite one of their own dying in the tragedy. MU are talking with MC about how to keep the silence and it was decided that the disruption is often caused by fans getting in as it is going on and shouting out then our fans telling them what to do. Talk about a campaign prior to the event.

The petitions going round re the reds wearing 1958 kit on the day were raised by a forum member. MU staff said it was something they were looking at. So we know what's coming to a megastore near you.

That minute's silence looks a recipe for disaster.

Surely a minute's applause in appreciation and respect for the Babes and the journos who lost their lives would be a better idea.
It'd drown out the dickheads in the blunose section and wouldn't be affected by disruption of fans arriving late.
Probably come over more classy given the 50 years that have elapsed since the disaster.

Old 17-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Personally I think it's an absolute disgrace that the PL set City up as the home game nearest the 6th February.

They rig the fixture list blatantly - United v Liverpool the same day as Arse v Chelsea is not exactly uncommon for instance. This potential and pretty likely problem should've been avoided as a mark of respect for the babes by the people that run the league.

Old 17-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishovetz

Surely a minute's applause in appreciation and respect for the Babes and the journos who lost their lives would be a better idea.
It'd drown out the dickheads in the blunose section and wouldn't be affected by disruption of fans arriving late.
Probably come over more classy given the 50 years that have elapsed since the disaster.
I disagree, I think those that died deserve a minutes silence. If city don't keep quiet then fuck em, they'll get sorted out after the match.

United should probably shut the turnstyles a bit earlier, and then reopen after the minutes silence to stop the dickheads who go to their seats during the minutes silence and are singing etc when they come up the stairway, then it'll stop the majority of the disruptions which is people telling others to shut up.

Old 17-11-2007, 12:57 PM
red @rmy

Carnage outside after the game if they fuck it up.

Old 17-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishovetz

As much as I'd like to think the bitters will respect the silence we all know they have a significant number of complete dickheads amongst their support who will revel in fucking up the silence and will probably sing Runway songs etc throughout the game. You'd expect a little bit of self-censorship from within the bitters support, but we are dealing with sub-human idiots.

I think one thing can be sure, it will be carnage on the forecourt, and all over the place in town.

Old 17-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Carnage outside after the game if they fuck it up.
Deservidly so as well if they do!

Everton were one of the one's to start of the Munich songs and taking flags to the match, but even they managed to show respect for Sir Matt. So fingers crossed the blue twats will as well, they can do what they like after that minute.

Old 17-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Flowers of Manchester

They will be mullered outside if they fuck it up.

Personally I dont think they will fuck it up as the whole world will be watching.

As for closing the turnstile, thats not the problem its the people who are in the concourse who then come up, they should have a steward/copper at the bottom of the stairs to stop them coming in the ground for the minutes silence.

Oh and it should be a minute's silence, take last week how moving was that compared to a minutes applause. Though a minute's appluase should be used for celebrating life, like George Best for example but we are respecting the 50th, so in my opnion a minute's silence.

Old 17-11-2007, 02:09 PM
notrightnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Oh and it should be a minute's silence, take last week how moving was that compared to a minutes applause. Though a minute's appluase should be used for celebrating life, like George Best for example but we are respecting the 50th, so in my opnion a minute's silence.
A minute's silence in a big crowd is a very moving experience. And if the City fans don't behave, as long as the United crowd ignore the City fans (for the minute) it'll be fine.

Old 17-11-2007, 03:22 PM
In 76 now this is true

For last weeks silence, they colsed the turnstyles slightly before it and then gave announcements in the concourse. It was one of the best ever silences at old Trafford.

I cant see City fans disrupting it, the Frank Swift involvement apart, they know the world will be focused on them atat day and they wouldnt want to come accross as bunch of cunts condemed by all.

The 58 shirt idea wont happen, Utd dont want to go overboard, they want to keep events dignified and to remember that they also have a significant game against City that day. they will probably issue a poster to be held up, similar to what they done for the West Brom game for Georeg Best.

A lot of the focus of a service, will be on the 6th Feb itself.

Bishovetz, was that from the fans forum?

Old 17-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Sloppy

It has to be a minutes silence.That applauding is shite and just doesnt feel right especially on a day like that.You cant think and reflect whilst applauding.
Closed Thread