Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Stoke > PSG > Munich

The lad has led a charmed life nqat.
Sounds like he’s getting better and better according to his CV. Sign in him up TONIGHT.

Unread 05-01-2023, 01:15 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Not necessarily a target but with VDB probably out for atleast 2-3 months if it is his ACL.
Minimum of 9 more realistically 12/14 months.

Unread 10-01-2023, 03:56 PM
dunk

Not realistic then

What about that Weghorst lad that scored for Holland against Argentina…?

Unread 10-01-2023, 04:40 PM
GBMUFC2020

I think Thuram will sign but not untill his contract runs out at the end of the season and we will get him on a free

Unread 10-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
https://twitter.com/berger_pj/status...K6o1fXhJOWUibA

Not realistic then

That's about £150k a week for a 17 / 18 year old

Unread 10-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
https://twitter.com/berger_pj/status...K6o1fXhJOWUibA

Not realistic then

The prestige this club will bring once we get new owners should not be understated.

Once we are a football first club again the narrative will shift. Players (some) will turn down stupid wages to join Man Utd on similar wages. Newcastle will have to attract only through obscene wages because that’s all they have .

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
The prestige this club will bring once we get new owners should not be understated.

Once we are a football first club again the narrative will shift. Players (some) will turn down stupid wages to join Man Utd on similar wages. Newcastle will have to attract only through obscene wages because that’s all they have .
Wish I was as relaxed about it as you are, mate

It looks like a good time to sell, given what they’ve done to the club and the current upward trajectory but I just don’t trust that a change of circs won’t make them change their minds… if, indeed, they are not simply monitoring the market.

Unread 11-01-2023, 09:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wish I was as relaxed about it as you are, mate

It looks like a good time to sell, given what they’ve done to the club and the current upward trajectory but I just don’t trust that a change of circs won’t make them change their minds… if, indeed, they are not simply monitoring the market.
If it’s between us and Newcastle they’d choose us. The last decade or so, we’ve been second best to signings. I do think once we have a proper recruitment and match the bonuses and all that jazz that the others can throw .

Some players will want to be part of the resurgence of Man Utd. Not all, but certainly some. For e.g let’s say this moukoko has offers from both Newcastle and us. I am more confident he would choose us over them.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but if we get the right owners ( billionaires who throw cash) we will see the difference almost within the first window .

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:01 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
If it’s between us and Newcastle they’d choose us. The last decade or so, we’ve been second best to signings. I do think once we have a proper recruitment and match the bonuses and all that jazz that the others can throw .

Some players will want to be part of the resurgence of Man Utd. Not all, but certainly some. For e.g let’s say this moukoko has offers from both Newcastle and us. I am more confident he would choose us over them.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but if we get the right owners ( billionaires who throw cash) we will see the difference almost within the first window .
Sorry mate. I meant relaxed about getting new owners. Not quite convinced.

Otherwise, totally agree.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Sorry mate. I meant relaxed about getting new owners. Not quite convinced.

Otherwise, totally agree.
I think the glazers know they cannot milk it any further. From an investment point of view the club won’t necessarily be great either. Sponsors drop etc if we don’t finish in the top 4

I’m going with the basis that the glazers are so greedy, anybody who does purchase us has to have very deep pockets. The kind to have throwaway money.

For glazers to make a serious buck and keep the club they’d have to give up a lot of their shares and ergo voting power. I can’t see that happening.

It’s probably just decades of wanting the parasites out. I think if we weren’t being purchased and it was just sale of equity , it would have happened quicker. Like it wouldn’t be announced that in a few months time XYZ would happen. The glazers would just sell 15-20% of the club behind the scenes to some investment firm

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:20 PM
dunk

It’s not they can’t milk it, they can’t afford to run it. Strictly speaking at this point they’d need to put their own money in to break even on running costs by all accounts. They’re £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-01-2023, 11:33 AM
GBMUFC2020

Evan Ndicka 6ft 4in Centre Back plays for Frankfurt. He out of contract at the end of the season. Maguire replacement?

Unread 13-01-2023, 12:13 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I think the glazers know they cannot milk it any further. From an investment point of view the club won’t necessarily be great either. Sponsors drop etc if we don’t finish in the top 4

I’m going with the basis that the glazers are so greedy, anybody who does purchase us has to have very deep pockets. The kind to have throwaway money.

For glazers to make a serious buck and keep the club they’d have to give up a lot of their shares and ergo voting power. I can’t see that happening.

It’s probably just decades of wanting the parasites out. I think if we weren’t being purchased and it was just sale of equity , it would have happened quicker. Like it wouldn’t be announced that in a few months time XYZ would happen. The glazers would just sell 15-20% of the club behind the scenes to some investment firm
Good point, last para
Closed Thread