United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2022, 05:52 AM
Street Magician

His fantasy of succeeding goofy is £#%&!ed now. Slippy @#%&!!

Unread 21-10-2022, 07:14 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
I’m a bit gutted by that tbh

Was hoping he’d be their next manager.

Unread 21-10-2022, 08:23 AM
Dasilvatwins

Things like this really show how shit the the Scottish league is sometimes. Probably being harsh as it’s only one team, (but £#%&! him he’s a scouse @#%&!) . He was lauded as a great manager for what he did for rangers but any old £#%&!er could do that. You probably just need to turn up with a ball in SPL and you would win it

Unread 21-10-2022, 08:51 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Things like this really show how shit the the Scottish league is sometimes. Probably being harsh as it’s only one team, (but f*** him he’s a scouse c***) . He was lauded as a great manager for what he did for rangers but any old f***er could do that. You probably just need to turn up with a ball in SPL and you would win it
That's just bull, it's nothing like the prem, way smaller but the football is decent. it's a lazy attitude and maybe why the scots always trouble ingerlund.

Unread 21-10-2022, 08:54 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
That's just bull, it's nothing like the prem, way smaller but the football is decent. it's a lazy attitude and maybe why the scots always trouble ingerlund.
it’s £#%&!ing rubbish mate. I’ve watched plenty of Scottish football over the years. The only reason Scotland troubled England is because the English NT happen to be shit too, as we’ve been seeing in their recent games.

Unread 21-10-2022, 09:37 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

there's about 3 possibly 4 decent sides.... It's borderline none league ffs

Unread 21-10-2022, 09:47 AM
shenwen

Quote:
The standard has dropped massively over past 20 years. Back in the 1990s I'd give both Celtic and Rangers a decent chance against any PL team but not now.

I wouldn't judge any manager based on his success in Scotland. Look at Neil Lennon - won five title as Celtic manager and one domestic treble. Where's he now?

Saying that, Gerrard did do a good job with Rangers. Celtic won nine in a row before he won the league, and Celtic are back to winning the league now he's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

there's about 3 possibly 4 decent sides.... It's borderline none league ffs
A stretch

I think there was like 30 points between the top two and the team that came third last season.

Still blows my mind some of the teams competing in the top league over the past few years.

Unread 21-10-2022, 09:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
nonsense scottish football is dog shit

as far as I'm aware, gerrard did alright at rangers mainly because of Michael Beale - current QPR boss who was courted by Wolves a couple of days ago.

Massively found out at Villa. It is a shame he won't be liverpools manager though, that would have been a bigger disaster than ole was with us.

Unread 21-10-2022, 09:57 AM
gigi1744

For those saying he did well in Scotland, Gerrard won one trophy out of nine at Rangers . He got the praise because it was the most important one .

Unread 21-10-2022, 12:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
That was our fantasy

Unread 21-10-2022, 12:46 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1744
For those saying he did well in Scotland, Gerrard won one trophy out of nine at Rangers . He got the praise because it was the most important one .
Kind of how praise works

Unread 21-10-2022, 12:51 PM
Pop

Like Lampard he might blag another job or two despite being a clueless crinkly headed slippy pancake phlegmy rat eating £#%&!ing scouse bastard but long term we'll have him on our £#%&!ing screens what with there being such a shortage of ex-Liverpool players in the media

Very much looking forward to Sky Super Sunday with Souness, Carragher and Gerrard picking apart Utd's latest performance....

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:01 PM
Stickman

why does Scottish football get such a hammering compared to the Irish league, out of interest?

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
why does Scottish football get such a hammering compared to the Irish league, out of interest?
Who bigs up the Irish league pal ?

Can't move in here for the lads discussing the Irish league....

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:06 PM
andyroo

Mon the Bohs...

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:08 PM
Mr_Ed

To be in charge of any team that wins the league and goes unbeaten (albeit in a 2 horse race) is an achievement.

That said, the PL is elite level and a significant raise in terms of attributes to be successful and he couldn’t cut the mustard.

Needs to go down a few leagues, lick his wounds and ‘go again’

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Who bigs up the Irish league pal ?

Can't move in here for the lads discussing the Irish league....

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:26 PM
shenwen

Pretty much everyone saying he needs to drop into the championship.

Villa was his audition and he failed badly. He's not at the level needed. Interesting that his former assistant was offered the Wolves job. I bet they won't go knocking on Gerrard's door.

Didn't he piss off the Rangers fans when he left them? Villa fans also not happy. I just read a comment from one saying Villa would be time wasting from the 10th minute

Unread 21-10-2022, 08:06 PM
gigi1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Kind of how praise works
Its a two horse race in Scotland ,
You think one success in 10 competitions is praiseworthy?

Unread 21-10-2022, 08:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I can’t remember Linfield or Glentoran ever deciding they should be allowed in to the premier league.
Closed Thread