United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Watch me kick a water bottle into the dug out then skip over with the most elaborate apology since Britain gave it's stolen war art back...

Hey you got an up and coming youngster in your fa cup beaten side ?...watch as I talk behind my hand to him as we walk off, aggressively grab his neck and wink at the camera....

Going to a run of the mill euro away game.....?
Yes that's me in a hacienda printed polo neck and limited edition vans skipping into departures, late with an artisan coffee....

Absolute £#%&!ing gimp...
This move can seriously £#%&! off as well. Like anyone gives a shit what two #@&%!head footballers are banging on about as they walk off the pitch.

I’m hardly craning my neck to get a glimpse of Lingard going ‘beans beans beans’ to Willy Boly.

Covering their mouths like they’re in MI5 ffs.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Watch me kick a water bottle into the dug out then skip over with the most elaborate apology since Britain gave it's stolen war art back...

Hey you got an up and coming youngster in your fa cup beaten side ?...watch as I talk behind my hand to him as we walk off, aggressively grab his neck and wink at the camera....

Going to a run of the mill euro away game.....?
Yes that's me in a hacienda printed polo neck and limited edition vans skipping into departures, late with an artisan coffee....

Absolute £#%&!ing gimp...
The moment things go wrong his true colours show. He is such a sore loser. Him and klopp.

I’m so glad ETH holds himself with some level of decorum . Strict, firm, is a winner , but thank god he doesn’t dance and prance on the touch line making hand gestures every 30 seconds .

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Who would you go with?

De Gea

Shaw
Martinez
Varane
Wan Bissaka

Eriksen
Casemiro
Fred

Rashford
Bruno
Anthony
I would accept this team. I think 10h will go with his usual formation and favoured players, but this is a better shape and fred has performed well in his last 20-30 mins cameos. martial doesn't deserve a place on current effort/form, but he is capable of destroying city. I would be tempted to go with martial rather than antony. def would not play garnacho. pellistri looked better than all of garnacho, antony and martial in general play. if not for antony's goal, we'd all be focusing on how often he gets the ball and does £#%&! all with it. pellistri moves with a purpose that antony would do well to pick up.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I would accept this team. I think 10h will go with his usual formation and favoured players, but this is a better shape and fred has performed well in his last 20-30 mins cameos. martial doesn't deserve a place on current effort/form, but he is capable of destroying city. I would be tempted to go with martial rather than antony. def would not play garnacho. pellistri looked better than all of garnacho, antony and martial in general play. if not for antony's goal, we'd all be focusing on how often he gets the ball and does £#%&! all with it. pellistri moves with a purpose that antony would do well to pick up.
His right foot helps. ETH does love playing with inverted wingers however. It’s too big a game to throw pellestri in. Whilst I think martial doesn’t have a future at the club as a first team CF, I think he has to start. He scores against City and rashford is a much better player off the left.

Travis Bickle

DDG

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Casemiro
Eriksen
Fernandes

Antony
Martial
Rashford

Subs: Heaton, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Malacia, McT, Fred, Garnacho, Pellistri.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Pellistri came on against a tired 1sr division team that had been chasing its own tail for 82 minutes ..

Start him over garnacho or Anthony ?

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:56 PM
jem

Quote:

Pellistri came on against a tired 1sr division team that had been chasing its own tail for 82 minutes ..

Start him over garnacho or Anthony ?
I didn't say start pellistri. I said I would be tempted to play martial over antony. the rationale being that antony doesn't have any sense of direction (unlike pellistri).

I wouldn't start garnacho over martial or antony.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:57 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I didn't say start pellistri. I said I would be tempted to play martial over antony. the rationale being that antony doesn't have any sense of direction (unlike pellistri).

I wouldn't start garnacho over martial or antony.
Anthony tracks back though.

Unread 11-01-2023, 01:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Anthony tracks back though.
also traps the ball and looks after it. martial, at his worst, is utterly pointless. on the other hand, something like his best is devastating. it's a risk.

Unread 11-01-2023, 02:14 PM
wiganste

Our biggest test (obvs) since ETH steadied the ship

Would be incredible to stick one up the blues arses and move within a point of them. We have momentum so who knows?

FYI - we're 7/2 to win this match. Worth a little flutter

Unread 11-01-2023, 02:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Our biggest test (obvs) since ETH steadied the ship

Would be incredible to stick one up the blues arses and move within a point of them. We have momentum so who knows?

FYI - we're 7/2 to win this match. Worth a little flutter
Sign a striker on loan , Sancho comes back a different player and sets the league alight , Bruno gets his shit together , beat city and Arsenal title charge on!

It’s the lack of depth that will screw us over. Take one CM out and we are into mcfred. Take one striker out and we are into moving our inform player from his best position to the center.

If they can all stay fit then who knows, I’m just enjoying it with zero expectations of winning something . Minimal objective of top 4 , expect the odd game when the wheels fall off. We are still very much in transition and big ETH still has to get rid of some of the rubbish .

Unread 11-01-2023, 03:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Sign a striker on loan , Sancho comes back a different player and sets the league alight , Bruno gets his shit together , beat city and Arsenal title charge on!

It’s the lack of depth that will screw us over. Take one CM out and we are into mcfred. Take one striker out and we are into moving our inform player from his best position to the center.

If they can all stay fit then who knows, I’m just enjoying it with zero expectations of winning something . Minimal objective of top 4 , expect the odd game when the wheels fall off. We are still very much in transition and big ETH still has to get rid of some of the rubbish .
The lack of depth is what will hold us back nqat. Any injury to:

Varane
Martinez
Cass
Eriksen
Rashford

And we are massively compromised.

I’m fine with that though. The squad will get addressed as we go and he’s had one window.

I’m pleased with where we’re going, no matter what happens this week. If we do somehow manage to win both then I think we can confidently say it’s the best shape we’ve been on since Fergie left*

*which it probably is anyway

Unread 11-01-2023, 03:48 PM
puressence

Win next 3 highly likely joint top

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Win next 3 highly likely joint top
Arsenal are 9 points ahead of us, with a vastly better goal difference.

So, as far from highly likely as you could possibly get tbf.

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:01 PM
AK14

Dave

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Cass
Eriksen
Bruno

Antony
Martial
Rashers

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:07 PM
magic_cantona

Unhappy

Quote:
DDG

Dalot
Martinez
Varane
Shaw

Erikson
Fred
Cass

Antony
Rashford
Garnacho

2-1.
No Bruno? I'd probably remove Antony for him.

The midfield is absolutely key. Can't be overrun and passed around.

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:17 PM
Marvel7

Back 5 pick themselves, AWB if Dalot is not fit.

Would be tempted to put Fred in the midfield 2 with Erikson playing 10 and Fernandes as a type of false 9, could help us keep possession and not be over run, Rashford and Anthony out wide, Garnacho, Martial best options off the bench.

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The lack of depth is what will hold us back nqat. Any injury to:

Varane
Martinez
Cass
Eriksen
Rashford

And we are massively compromised.

I’m fine with that though. The squad will get addressed as we go and he’s had one window.

I’m pleased with where we’re going, no matter what happens this week. If we do somehow manage to win both then I think we can confidently say it’s the best shape we’ve been on since Fergie left*

*which it probably is anyway
It's them 3 imo. Shaw and Garnacho can cover for the other two.

Any injury to Casemiro, Varane or Eriksen and we're massively downgrading in the position. Dalot too really.

We've got £#%&!ing loads of wingers and wide forwards though.

If fit i'd go:

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw

Bruno Casemiro Eriksen

Antony Martial Rashford

Go at them from minute one like against the dippers.

Unread 11-01-2023, 07:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's them 3 imo. Shaw and Garnacho can cover for the other two.

Any injury to Casemiro, Varane or Eriksen and we're massively downgrading in the position. Dalot too really.

We've got £#%&!ing loads of wingers and wide forwards though.

If fit i'd go:

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw

Bruno Casemiro Eriksen

Antony Martial Rashford

Go at them from minute one like against the dippers.
With the way he’s playing now, I think you have to include Rashford in the ‘elite members’ list. He’s a difference maker right now and we’d be a bit £#%&!ed without him.
Agree on the value of Cas, Varane and Eriksen though. We have nothing else like them in the squad.

Unread 11-01-2023, 08:05 PM
Coracao

.......................................De Gea

Dalot............Varane..............Martinez..... ......Shaw

..............Eriksen...........Casemiro.........F red

Bruno..................Martial.................... ..........Rashford
Closed Thread