United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:54 AM
dunk

Madrid - same number 9 for 14 years
Barca - signed a 34 year old to replace 30+ year old Luuk de Jong
PSG - squabbles between Messi, Neymar and Mbappe because nobody wants to play through the middle
Juve - Vlahovic, fair enough, Milik ageing Journeyman.
Milan - Giroud, 34, Zlatan 41 and the former Liverpool sub.
City - Haaland, first actual striker in 2 years?
Liverpool - Nunez. Not actually had a proper striker before that in Klopp’s time other than the sub that left and went to Milan that never played.
Chelsea - gave Lukaku and Werner away and been using Havertz as a striker, probably the role he can play that he is the worst at.

I’m not sure it’s true that every top club in Europe has had one in the last 10 years and still has.

I find in favour of Sparky.

Unread 10-01-2023, 11:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
oh here he goes, Mr Devils advocate lashing out.
How is me making a statement playing devils advocate or lashing out?

The main topic of discussion on the thread is that Guardiola has killed the number 9 position with his style of football, yet his most successful years have been with a number 9 and most probably will again this year with a number 9 who was available to everyone 12 months ago.

Unread 10-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Pop

The range of horrendously world class strikers in serie a during the 90's was frankly a pasta layered obscenity

Unread 10-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How is me making a statement playing devils advocate or lashing out?

The main topic of discussion on the thread is that Guardiola has killed the number 9 position with his style of football, yet his most successful years have been with a number 9 and most probably will again this year with a number 9 who was available to everyone 12 months ago.
The main topic of discussion is the dearth of top quality strikers. There is a reaaon that Morata and Lukaku are two of the most expensive players in history

Unread 10-01-2023, 12:32 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Madrid - same number 9 for 14 years
Barca - signed a 34 year old to replace 30+ year old Luuk de Jong
PSG - squabbles between Messi, Neymar and Mbappe because nobody wants to play through the middle
Juve - Vlahovic, fair enough, Milik ageing Journeyman.
Milan - Giroud, 34, Zlatan 41 and the former Liverpool sub.
City - Haaland, first actual striker in 2 years?
Liverpool - Nunez. Not actually had a proper striker before that in Klopp’s time other than the sub that left and went to Milan that never played.
Chelsea - gave Lukaku and Werner away and been using Havertz as a striker, probably the role he can play that he is the worst at.

I’m not sure it’s true that every top club in Europe has had one in the last 10 years and still has.

I find in favour of Sparky.
A bit old now, but probably do a better job than Martial
Closed Thread