United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:23 PM
NinoyAquino

Super composed, rarely loses the ball and the control/touch for Dalot to cross in the ball to TSP. Wow. Going to be some player if he continues on this path.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Didn't think he was great today. Some flashes of brilliance but we were overrun a lot in midfield. Showed real quality late on when it mattered for the goal.
Probably playing in the most intense demanding position in our team in which since the start of the years I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s hitting the top of the distance run charts.

Looked a bit leggy towards the end. The international break will do him good. I also think being on a yellow card probably stopped him from being as aggressive as he wanted to be .

Will be a top player , can’t wait to see him in a team with a few improvements around him

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:35 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Another solid performance. We need a grown up with legs next to him in there to see the best of him

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:40 PM
Dacter

Lovely bit of work to get the ball to Dalot for the cross to The Scottish Player.

Tough night but kept running, kept battling and kept making himself available to take he ball.

Performances like Wolves away make headlines, but performances like tonight make careers.

Unread 12-02-2024, 10:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He’s quietly effective. Just little moments of composure that go under the radar. Won’t be long til #@&%!s start saying he’s overrated.

Would still like a midfielder with a bit of presence alongside him.
Right on cue

Unread 12-02-2024, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
can someone please explain to me what the £#%&! "BTEC" actually means?

obviously i know it means sort of inferior in annoying gen Z speak but where the £#%&! does it come from?

Unread 12-02-2024, 11:08 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
can someone please explain to me what the £#%&! "BTEC" actually means?

obviously i know it means sort of inferior in annoying gen Z speak but where the £#%&! does it come from?
The Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) is a provider of secondary school leaving qualifications and further education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busi...cation_Council

Unread 12-02-2024, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
The Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) is a provider of secondary school leaving qualifications and further education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busi...cation_Council
What a strange thing to call footballers tbh.

But then what do you expect from influencers and various internet dullards.

those idiots in that video talking about football are exactly the kind of middle class, milk sop tossers who wouldn't have anything to do with the sport if it wasn't a way to get views and money.

I genuinely £#%&!ing despise all of them. A symptom of the rampant gentrification of football and the kind of absolute weapons and bottom feeders that grift off of it.

Unread 12-02-2024, 11:22 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

Especially coming from a BTEC Groucho Marx.

Unread 13-02-2024, 02:10 AM
Neo

Football

Given his age, there will always be games where he seems less involved, especially as he plays in arguably the most demanding part of the pitch, physically.

Even though he's been quieter in the last couple of games, I've still rarely seen him misplace a pass, or pick the wrong option. Every start he gets is priceless experience for his development.

Some may not like the comparison as he plays for Liverpool, but he reminds me a lot of Thiago Alcantara. Has the same zip to his passes, and eagerness to push the play forward consistently.

I really like watching him play, and I haven't said that about a United midfielder other than Paul Pogba in a long time.

Unread 13-02-2024, 02:50 AM
guerreiro

Was he expected to be this good throughout his academy years or has his step up been a surprise?

Unread 13-02-2024, 05:49 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Was he expected to be this good throughout his academy years
Yes.

Unread 13-02-2024, 08:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Was he expected to be this good throughout his academy years or has his step up been a surprise?
Complete and utter surprise, one academy coach fainted at wolves away....

Unread 13-02-2024, 08:59 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

those idiots in that video talking about football are exactly the kind of middle class, milk sop tossers who wouldn't have anything to do with the sport if it wasn't a way to get views and money.

I genuinely £#%&!ing despise all of them. A symptom of the rampant gentrification of football and the kind of absolute weapons and bottom feeders that grift off of it.
Then why watch/post them? Don't let them in your head I only know about these type of people because they're posted on here. They're not part of my world.

Unread 13-02-2024, 09:07 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Then why watch/post them? Don't let them in your head I only know about these type of people because they're posted on here. They're not part of my world.
Well said. These grifters only exist to get a rise out of us.

Remember calling me mum one time and she was really pissed off about something that #@&%! Robbie Savage had said on Talksport

Unread 13-02-2024, 09:08 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Unread 13-02-2024, 10:17 AM
Finport Red

Quote:

Unread 13-02-2024, 10:41 AM
Offerington

Quote:
ffs

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:00 PM
andyroo

That booking today was an absolute joke. Game saving tackle that he executed perfectly.

Love the lad.

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:17 PM
armchair

The ref's mind couldn't comprehend that level of skill. The little touch on the ground after the tackle too :chefs kiss: