Shiny one please not bothered if they move it across town 2 1.65%
Fold the club. 9 7.44%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-02-2024, 05:04 AM
poppy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Would they not be pentants? Quad definitely means four.
I don’t think so. There’s only two at the minute, and they’ve always been called quadrants from the day they were built.

Unread 08-02-2024, 07:47 AM
MUFC One Love

New stadium for me. Make it to suit, like spurs have done with that big stand behind the net, one tier. Have a huge stretford end safe standing.

Old Trafford being renovated would obviously be best option but I just don’t know how they do it without ripping most of it down, but I’m not an architect.

I literally can’t sit down in a lot of old Trafford at half time, genuinely. Leg room is ridiculous.

Unread 08-02-2024, 08:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
There are only two quadrants at the minute. And plenty of room to fit two more into the other two corners. If they’re knocking down the South Stand and completely rebuilding it, that leaves an opportunity to fit another one there, equidistant between the other two new ones. Last time I checked, 2+2+1=5.

And I’ve no idea where we’d play. Whether work can be done in stages whilst the ground remains open, or we have to go to somewhere like Bolton for a couple of years, I don’t know. There’s always a way. If you want to find reasons why we can’t do stuff you’ll find them. I’m more of a ‘no problems only solutions’ sort of dude.

Let’s just wait and see. Interesting to see what they finally go with.
I like this guy. Attitude is bob on.

No technical reason I can think of why we can’t have upwards of 5 or more quadrants - betwixt other quadrants as necessary. Or they can be layered like a cake. We’re only limited by our own imaginations.

The problem is where we’d play. For me, we couldn’t share with city - it would be too much faff changing the blue ketchup back to red every other week and there would be huge animosity. I know we did it in the war but times have changed.

Personally, I’d like to see us play at a ground like Sheffield Wednesdays during the rebuild - great traditional ground, decent size and better for our southern support than traipsing up to Manchester. It would only be 2 or 3 seasons in any case.

Unread 08-02-2024, 08:36 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

No technical reason I can think of why we can’t have upwards of 5 or more quadrants - betwixt other quadrants as necessary. Or they can be layered like a cake. We’re only limited by our own imaginations.

The problem is where we’d play. For me, we couldn’t share with city - it would be too much faff changing the blue ketchup back to red every other week and there would be huge animosity. I know we did it in the war but times have changed.

Personally, I’d like to see us play at a ground like Sheffield Wednesdays during the rebuild - great traditional ground, decent size and better for our southern support than traipsing up to Manchester. It would only be 2 or 3 seasons in any case.

I’m coming from a different angle….I’m going for a smaller venue but revenue from ticket sales would be colossal

Hear me out

United v Liverpool…..in the MEN Arena.

Maximum attendance of 18,000, but it’s a full days entertainment

12.30pm….United v Liverpool. Half time entertainment provided by ant n dec

2.30pm…..bantz-a -thon with Neville, carragher and Kelly dalglish trotting out tired old cliches about Jan molby being fat

4pm….Michael McIntyre pretends he likes football and recounts hilarious anecdotes about missing the kick off of a chelsea game due to his daughters ballet class running late

6pm….Ed sheeran and Mumford & Sons round off a top day of entertainment

Tickets start at 5k

This could work

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:17 AM
doudou

Ratcliffe to succeed where the Nazis failed.

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

I’d like to see Michael McIntyre do a q&a with Tony O’Neil in the 4pm slot or maybe after the concert after younger members of the audience have left.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:14 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Could play at Anfield whilst it’s being done. Colour scheme already in place.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:35 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m coming from a different angle….I’m going for a smaller venue but revenue from ticket sales would be colossal

Hear me out

United v Liverpool…..in the MEN Arena.

Maximum attendance of 18,000, but it’s a full days entertainment

12.30pm….United v Liverpool. Half time entertainment provided by ant n dec

2.30pm…..bantz-a -thon with Neville, carragher and Kelly dalglish trotting out tired old cliches about Jan molby being fat

4pm….Michael McIntyre pretends he likes football and recounts hilarious anecdotes about missing the kick off of a chelsea game due to his daughters ballet class running late

6pm….Ed sheeran and Mumford & Sons round off a top day of entertainment

Tickets start at 5k

This could work
few Sherberts at the VAR BAR.... craft ale at £16 a pint.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:44 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I don’t think so. There’s only two at the minute, and they’ve always been called quadrants from the day they were built.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:52 AM
doudou

Hooky would sell us the rights to build a replica Hacienda for a couple of billion.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:55 AM
silv

Who'd do the opening of New Trafford?

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:01 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Ginners and jem, it would be such a thrill for them on their first ever trip to Manchester

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Mason Green.

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ginners and jem, it would be such a thrill for them on their first ever trip to Manchester
no chance. would need a new team of bearers and an update to my satnav. not sure snoop can even say manchester.

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Mason Green.
Wtf, Where's my 'wood' gone?!

Unread 08-02-2024, 12:46 PM
Denis Irwell

The only sensible answer is to do what’s necessary to keep us at the head of track until it becomes not feasible. The PL have redistributed funds so that also rans like Spurs, arse etc are competing with us when they have never had the means, coupled with the glazer effect.. Chelsea, Ciddy given the green light to take the piss with gangsters collude its local councils etc . We should be leaving Real Madrid in our dust

Unread 08-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Fat Al

Pedant time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
New stadium for me. Make it to suit, like spurs have done with that big stand behind the net, one tier. Have a huge stretford end safe standing.

Old Trafford being renovated would obviously be best option but I just don’t know how they do it without ripping most of it down, but I’m not an architect.

I literally can’t sit down in a lot of old Trafford at half time, genuinely. Leg room is ridiculous.
Civil engineers, not architects. Pencil ponces can draw what they want but that don't mean it can be built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

City ground share was post war, not during. The league was suspended in 1939 as all the men folk were a bit busy elsewhere.

Unread 08-02-2024, 01:32 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Pedant time.

Civil engineers, not architects. Pencil ponces can draw what they want but that don't mean it can be built.

City ground share was post war, not during. The league was suspended in 1939 as all the men folk were a bit busy elsewhere.
Erm no. Civil Engineers are not designers.

An architect would need to plan and design the renovation.

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:57 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no chance. would need a new team of bearers and an update to my satnav. not sure snoop can even say manchester.
All he needs to do is to pay for the leaky roof to be fixed & tbh we all know how much upheavel would be involved in having to wait for a new ground to be built & my biggest fear is that a shiney new ground may inspire our opponnents far more than it inspires United & when we also factor-in that every game will still be treated as some sort of Cup Final by the opposition, we have to ask ourselves if it would all be more hassle than it's worth?

Quote:
Far Far Away Im sorry I could'nt resist it I will get my coat don't worry

Unread 08-02-2024, 09:59 PM
Finport Red

Quote: