United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The Scottish Player would never be found preening on Instagram tbf.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVwc6uXHiK

https://instagram.com/p/BVwc6uXHiK-/

Can see right up that split arse’s clange behind him

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Buck

He's done alright so if he can do this and improve over a longer run of games then it should mark the end of Fellaini

There's no doubt his physicality is what the manager values. Standards are lower but the lad can only do what is asked of him. He was not anywhere near brilliant against Sevilla but he got in the way a lot, made a few passes and had the only shot on target. A btec Cambiasso

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's done alright so if he can do this and improve over a longer run of games then it should mark the end of Fellaini

There's no doubt his physicality is what the manager values. Standards are lower but the lad can only do what is asked of him. He was not anywhere near brilliant against Sevilla but he got in the way a lot, made a few passes and had the only shot on target. A btec Cambiasso
You need a few journeymen in each team to play in the minor games to give the superstars a rest.

We had Gibson, Fletcher, Park, Dave Corsa (Did he play for Wigan against City ?) Phil Neville... etc

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:59 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

ok, fair dos! ...I did say maybe tbf

General point still stands though. He's obviously a player that Mourinho has been impressed by & so he's giving him a chance.
One of the only positives I can see right now - regardless of whether he's a flair player or not.
I'm not sure if he's being given the chance because Mourinho's particularly impressed by him, though he did single him out once in a match he didn't play in as an example of the kind of intelligent footballer we were missing

It's more out of necessity, there's literally nobody else, our midfield is down to the barest of bones whenever Pogba and/or Herrera are unavailable. Yeah Fellaini I know but he's not a footballer so he doesn't count.

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:18 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'm not sure if he's being given the chance because Mourinho's particularly impressed by him, though he did single him out once in a match he didn't play in as an example of the kind of intelligent footballer we were missing

It's more out of necessity, there's literally nobody else, our midfield is down to the barest of bones whenever Pogba and/or Herrera are unavailable. Yeah Fellaini I know but he's not a footballer so he doesn't count.
true, but that's usually when a young player gets their chance - unless they're an undisputed worldie in the making.

So far I agree that he's a bit of a nothing player - unlikely he'll ever wear out the edge of your seat - & I don't see the Fletcher comparison either. Fletcher was far more dynamic/pro-active

I'm just sick of the flash @#%&!s who sign for astronomical fees/wages & continue to phone in performances every £#%&!ing week.

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Seamus

hows that Andreas Pereira getting on? I remember he was the future because he made a few back passes against LA Galaxy on the preseason tour

Unread 23-02-2018, 11:31 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
hows that Andreas Pereira getting on? I remember he was the future because he made a few back passes against LA Galaxy on the preseason tour
Seems to be on the bench more often than not for Valencia

Not sure he's good enough but he's certainly got genuine talent unlike The Scottish Player however he isn't 6′ 4″ so......

Unread 23-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Pop

Quote:
The Scottish Player would never be found preening on Instagram tbf.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVwc6uXHiK

https://instagram.com/p/BVwc6uXHiK-/
Looks like a photo he posted with his entry form to Mr Gay UK.

Unread 23-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Yeah, because the co92 is the only example of United bringing players through from the youth team.
Yup. Plenty of decent or world-class players produced from the youth/academy since.

Rashford has a chance, and perhaps Lingard. Fletcher was okay too. That's what, 3 players in 26 years that starts/started for United's 1st team regularly?

Quote:
Having local/homegrown lads pulling on the shirt is something all United fans should be obsessed with.
As long as the 1st team is adequate and up to standards first. Then we start bringing in the youth/academy players.

United should not be relying on youth/academy players in the 1st team.

Quote:
Perhaps he's a hard working lad who's keen to learn & gives everything in Training.
"hardworking", "gives everything in training"

Let me guess, the next thing is going to be "puts in a shift" from you right?

World-class qualities for a footballer to have. File alongside every shitc*** plodder for Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, etc.

Quote:
Perhaps it's a refreshing change to coach an unassuming young lad instead of a gaggle of preening instagram c***f***s who can't wait for training to finish so they can rehearse & film a choreographed dance routine in the changing room.
Some of his Instagram antics say otherwise. Look it up.

Unread 23-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Scott’s got the bod

Stunning tbf to the lad......

Unread 23-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Like a young Ivan Drago

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Yup. Plenty of decent or world-class players produced from the youth/academy since.

Rashford has a chance, and perhaps Lingard. Fletcher was okay too. That's what, 3 players in 26 years that starts/started for United's 1st team regularly?

As long as the 1st team is adequate and up to standards first. Then we start bringing in the youth/academy players.

United should not be relying on youth/academy players in the 1st team.

"hardworking", "gives everything in training"

Let me guess, the next thing is going to be "puts in a shift" from you right?

World-class qualities for a footballer to have. File alongside every shitc*** plodder for Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, etc.

Some of his Instagram antics say otherwise. Look it up.
Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Jonny Evans, Welbz, Richardson, Cleverley, Gibson etc. All had decent stints with the firsts, maybe not long term in some cases, but useful in most. Then there's those that didn't get a shot but probably could've.. Shawcross, Drinkwater, Simpson etc.

It's not one of if not the most productive youth system in the UK for no reason. Not many clubs churn out World Class star after World Class star.. it's important to have these players coming in and contributing, even if it's only brief or in a supporting role.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:06 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scott’s got the bod

Stunning tbf to the lad......
Twink and a half

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The next Roy Keane obviously, for doing the basics right like the average plodder does at Stoke City.
Doing the basics right is a decent foundation for a player to develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Fletcher was a much better player than people gave him credit for. The Barca final would have been a different result had he not been suspended.
And it still took him 50 games to start to look decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He’s right, fletcher was amazing that season, was gutted when he missed the final....

Fletcher didn’t get the credit (one flag aside) that he deserved...
He got all the credit he deserved that season.

Quote:
The youngsters also need to fulfill their end of the bargain and prove in the reserves/academy that they're good enough to warrant a place in the first team.

I also think that some people need to stop obsessing over home-grown youth players and get it into their heads that the Class of '92 isn't going to happen again.
It would happen again, or at least a steady conveyor belt of local talent coming through, if the club had the will to do so. It doesn’t. The glazers were more interested in cutting youth investment because they didn’t want to, or thought they couldn’t, compete with city at that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It certainly won't happen if they don't get a chance. Just like many of the Co92 wouldn't have made it here if Fergie didn't believe in them. So often with kids it's getting the opportunity at the right time and patience when it's needed. Momentum is important.

If they're talented enough, all you just want is the right attitude from them. Pretty much all of ours that come through have that.
That’s it. He considered them good enough. There’s hundreds of youth players he didn’t back like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Always need that player, pal and we do, with Matic flagging, Carrick ageing and Herreroh sewing mailbags

McTommy looks better than Fletcher did at his age nqat. Turned out to be a good un, Fletch... but then again, if Bebe was indulged the way he was, he’d have been better than Ronaldo. Love child.
Not sure about that. Fletcher was very highly rated at youth level, but serious injuries set him back. Then he looked shit for ages when Fergie kept giving him first team opportunities. I don’t think mctommy was ever highly rated to that extent, but may well initially look better in the first team than fletcher did.

Must admit I’ve seen nothing special in his cameos. But if he’s solid and does the basics well, that would be a big help to us in central midfield in the short term or as a medium term squad player.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:51 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Like a young Ivan Drago
If he dyes he dyes.

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Can see right up that split arse’s clange behind him
Missed this post.

Very revealing. No wonder you’re so angry all the time.

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Missed this post.

Very revealing. No wonder you’re so angry all the time.

Whaaaaat? Coming from Mr Angry himself

A fanny makes me angry? Where to start? making no sense again

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Whaaaaat? Coming from Mr Angry himself

A fanny makes me angry? Where to start? making no sense again
I doubt you’ve seen a real one since 1986 so you’re reduced to gawping at out of focus “splitarse clunge” in the background of IG photos, you absolute sex case

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I doubt you’ve seen a real one since 1986 so you’re reduced to gawping at out of focus “splitarse clunge” in the background of IG photos, you absolute sex case
You’re trying too hard, you dick

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:04 PM
AK14

Big Mctommers
Closed Thread