United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2016, 06:23 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't that's entirely accurate, but I think there might be a a sliver of truth in it all the same. Not that I know all the ins and outs either, tbf.

Last year's cup run is the only reason the club didn't fold months ago. It gave us a fortunate and unexpected windfall. It's mind-boggling how £#%&!ing stupid they were, but go on that Facebook page and Walsh's mates are all over it going on about how blameless he is. Even though attendances are roughly where they were budgeted (2,300 ish), they're trying to claim all this is because of the ones who've stopped going in the past year. They're in total denial - the problems go back far more than one year.

Walsh paid thousands of pounds to close personal friends for them to do a worse job than volunteers did before them, simply because they'd do what he want, never say no to him and constantly massage his ego. And when anyone objected, they all closed ranks and shouted 'bullying!'.

So we weren't allowed to ask uncomfortable questions about where our money was going and now we know why - they didn't have a £#%&!ing clue what they were doing, and didn't want anyone looking at it too closely.

It was reported that Walsh actually said at one meeting 'we'll wing it, we're FC, it's what we do' (or words to that effect), to widespread laughter and applause from his army of worshippers. Brilliant, and now winging it has brought the club to the brink of folding.

Apparently he's still swanning around the place acting like he owns it.
It's like the Soviet Union in microcosm

Unread 27-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
It's like the Soviet Union in microcosm
Only the women aren't as fit.

Unread 27-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Only the women aren't as fit.

surprised walsh still goes with the level of anger directed at him. some front.

Unread 27-11-2016, 06:54 PM
saffers

Wtf, fc about to fold?

Get a gofundme sorted, i'll be happy to chip in to keep little United afloat. Never understood the animosity from some on here...

Unread 27-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

might get a membership again just to vote for northers. i'm sure stoney could get martin mcguinness to make a few public appearances with him to boost his support.

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:18 PM
elephantstone

So northers is a sympathiser?

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
The £#%&! are you on about?

#votenorthers
Watch a pub team this is what happens. Pub teams fold hopefully like these @#%&!s

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Tbf your name is on one of the bricks .. You were at the first game judas

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:37 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
They have me as some kind bobby sands on there

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
They have me as some kind bobby sands on there
"northers wants political status!"

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Tbf your name is on one of the bricks .. You were at the first game judas
As is mine, and kids and my mum...

Also at the first game...

Unread 27-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

first game red

not been since, mind

Unread 27-11-2016, 10:02 PM
20 times

Northers in

Facebook mongs out

Wayne Davies sorted out by reporter

NQAT

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:42 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

just withdrew my candidacy with a very magnanimous press release to the official forum

cannot stand by and let myself become the issue when the club needs saving imo

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
just withdrew my candidacy with a very magnanimous press release to the official forum

Very noble mate.....

Not feel like you've let the bastards win though ?

Link to your statement ? What about my vote

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:45 PM
elephantstone

Quote:

post it up here. We were all excited that we would have a football director on here.

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:49 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
It has become clear to me over the last few days that my presence on the board, should I become elected, would not be to the best interests of the board continuing the work they're trying to do. A small section of our support has decided to ignore everything i've said in the q+a, in which i've been honest and forthcoming and instead decided to slander me and label me an extremist and a thief; I am neither.

I have seen very good and capable board members dragged into arguments concerning me and spending an inordinate amount of time dealing with things they should not have to deal with, this was never my intention. It is in the spirit of helping the club deal with the immediate issue of the financial trouble we find ourselves in that I have decided to withdraw . I haven't taken this decision lightly and have sought the council of a number of people, i'd like to thank those who have advised me and would also like to apologise to and thank anyone who already has or intended to vote for me in the election.

I would also like to wish the incumbent board members and those standing the best of luck in saving this club from the problems we face, be they financial or otherwise. Now is the time to get down to the hard work of saving this club and that should be our focus, the vast majority of people involved are good, decent people and it is for them that this club must survive.
Will make sure that the devious bastards will get theirs

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:53 PM
puressence

250k begging bowl. Absolutely splendid.

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
waynes ear's

What the £#%&!

Get back to campaigning for womens rights you £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Will make sure that the devious bastards will get theirs
i'm assuming it's the usual facebook mongs?

awful news though, you're a good lad and had my vote

Unread 01-12-2016, 02:59 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
What the £#%&!

Get back to campaigning for womens rights you £#%&!ing @#%&!
As soon as I see a United ireland pal, thx for your support
Closed Thread