Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2014, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Again, you weren't there.

Cheap points are of course your forte these days though.

How did Olympiakos get on tonight?
I assume you were. And you cheered when a goal went in. Well done, pal.

Unread 22-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wibble.
shut up ethers.

you're all a bit £#%&!ing sad tbh edit: try hard #@&%!s in fact

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I assume you were. And you cheered when a goal went in. Well done, pal.
pathetic post. well done.

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
shut up ethers.

you're all a bit £#%&!ing sad tbh
No need for that tbh. It was just banter.

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Again, the ball kicked in the goal and everyone cheered. Utter scenes.

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

TT losing it again. All over the shop. Need the neo lad here to kick him while he's down.

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
No need for that tbh. It was just banter.
hmm

Unread 22-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
hmm

Unread 22-10-2014, 11:15 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
What a £#%&!ing stupid post.
Calm down you try hard plank, it was only a semi serious comment. That said, I think getting rid of him will prove to be a more important event for the club than the last title win.

Unread 22-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Calm down you try hard plank, it was only a semi serious comment. That said, I think getting rid of him will prove to be a more important event for the club than the last title win.
says captain try hard himself

United winning a 20th title in the season Ferguson retired will be legendary and those scenes will be drooled over by generations to come

by contrast, Moyes will end up a mere footnote like all the other short-lived managers United have had.

Unread 23-10-2014, 12:08 AM
My Name is Keith

Hmm..for generations to come. The generation that were there might see it slightly differently. Certainly the match going fans that I know did. They saw a once brilliant manager produce one more act of brilliance to overcome a weakness he himself had overseen. That isn't to belittle his achievements, just to recognise that his time had come and a change was necessary.

Getting rid of moyes is the start of hopefully a new era and one that was well overdue - ergo, last seasons dismissal and appointment of lvg is a big milestone in the clubs history.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hmm..for generations to come. The generation that were there might see it slightly differently. Certainly the match going fans that I know did. They saw a once brilliant manager produce one more act of brilliance to overcome a weakness he himself had overseen. That isn't to belittle his achievements, just to recognise that his time had come and a change was necessary.

Getting rid of moyes is the start of hopefully a new era and one that was well overdue - ergo, last seasons dismissal and appointment of lvg is a big milestone in the clubs history.
Yep. Moyes himself is not an important figure in the club's history, but if LvG does what we hope he does and modernises the whole structure and lays the foundation for the next period of success, then we will certainly look back on the decision to remove Moyes sharpish rather than allow him to do two or three years of damage as a crucial moment.

It was a £#%&!ing great day.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

getting rid of a manager who'd had an association with United for less than a year will be but a mere footnote in the club's history.

winning the title for the 20th time in the season Ferguson retired will be part of the legend of the club forever.

personally I believe that these simple truths are exactly as it should be too, although our personal views are irrelevant.

now clearly there are people who would write history differently, but the views you've expressed are a warped and quite bitter minority pov. hth.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. Moyes himself is not an important figure in the club's history, but if LvG does what we hope he does and modernises the whole structure and lays the foundation for the next period of success, then we will certainly look back on the decision to remove Moyes sharpish rather than allow him to do two or three years of damage as a crucial moment.

It was a £#%&!ing great day.
I'll look back on it as a natural part of the process of replacing Ferguson:

The next manager was a bloke called Moyes. Now Moyes was unfortunate enough to have begun at the same time as a new chairman. Both men faced the fall-out from all sides in the wake of Ferguson's departure. The new chairman failed in the summer to bring in the players needed. And the new manager, partly as a result of that, and despite being afforded the opportunity to scramble into the following season's CL, failed to do so (despite having a squad that was more than good enough to finish top 4) and was removed as a direct consequence. Next came LVG...

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
I'll look back on it as a natural part of the process of replacing Ferguson:

The next manager was a bloke called Moyes. Now Moyes was unfortunate enough to have begun at the same time as a new chairman. Both men faced the fall-out from all sides in the wake of Ferguson's departure. The new chairman failed in the summer to bring in the players needed. And the new manager, partly as a result of that, and despite being afforded the opportunity to scramble into the following season's CL, failed to do so (despite having a squad that was more than good enough to finish top 4) and was removed as a direct consequence. Next came LVG...
Throb in defending Moyes shocker.

What a boring, odius @#%&!.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Throb in defending Moyes shocker.

What a boring, odius @#%&!.
Bit harsh on... actually carry on.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

the stupid #@&%! is just waving contrary comments about to attract a reply.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:48 PM
doudou

Quote:
End of an error and the start of a new era.

Unread 23-10-2014, 02:49 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Throb or Fergie?

Unread 23-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
And they just keep replying

He's done it for years...
Closed Thread