United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:21 AM
koppas

Keano didn't get on with Sheringham either did he? I heard rumours he didn't like him when he turned back from his Forest days?

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't he score about 15 in his first season, including 2 belters at Highbury?

It's always painted as him having an awful first season due to us throwing away a massive lead and winning nowt, truth is it was injuries and Schmeichel being a dick that ruined that season.

I was never the biggest fan of him.

It was the 2-3 at Highbury. Some Arse fans complained about him kissing the badge too or something. His second, a left foot half volley was sublime.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Zorg

I remember reading about how he used to 'drive up and down Deansgate in his Ferrari'.

Sounds like a flash Londoner cliché to me.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I remember reading about how he used to 'drive up and down Deansgate in his Ferrari'.

Sounds like a flash Londoner cliché to me.
setting fire to 50quid notes as he went by.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:39 AM
ChairmanMao

Wasn't there a kiss and tell story in the papers and rumours that one of the details that couldn't be printed in a family newspaper was that he liked to erm, eat his own seed afterwards. Ahem.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:41 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Wasn't there a kiss and tell story in the papers and rumours that one of the details that couldn't be printed in a family newspaper was that he liked to erm, eat his own seed afterwards. Ahem.
£#%&! off.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:50 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
What's wrong with that?

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
if memory serves.
I've got a crazy memory pol.

Unread 24-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Swagger

Scored two and set up three in our biggest games of the season vs Arse/Newcastle/Bayern.

Won us the treble.

Unread 24-10-2014, 01:29 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I thought the reason for the fall out was during a game at hillsborough I think, cole and teddy were kicking off after wed conceded and Sheringham basically looked him in the eye and said "that was your fault".

Anyway they patched it up by 2000, it was fairly well documented.
it was against Barnsley hth

Unread 24-10-2014, 02:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
very helpful

Unread 24-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
A bit of me actually thinks he robbed Giggsy of a goal in the final as there is a chance the ball could have skidded and gone in. I say it jokingly from time to time but there is a mental bit of me that believes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani
Haha It's going to be on target but think Kahn's saving it if teddy leaves it.
It's going wide if Teddy leaves it. Teddy knocks it back towards the goal and it still only just sneaks inside the post (and towards Kahn, who barely moved when Giggs hit it, knowing it was going wide - he definitely wasn't saving it if Teddy left it).

Draw a line from Giggsy to Teddy - continue the line past Teddy, and that's where the ball would've gone had he not intervened.

Good angle here:

Unread 24-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's going wide if Teddy leaves it. Teddy knocks it back towards the goal and it still only just sneaks inside the post (and towards Kahn, who barely moved when Giggs hit it, knowing it was going wide - he definitely wasn't saving it if Teddy left it).

Draw a line from Giggsy to Teddy - continue the line past Teddy, and that's where the ball would've gone had he not intervened.

Good angle here:

Manchester United Vs Bayern Munich.flv - YouTube
Rational Crumps knows that. Mental Crumps disagrees strongly.

Unread 24-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Stickman

ffs its obvious Giggs shot was wide from the tv angle.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:17 AM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Good angle here:

Manchester United Vs Bayern Munich.flv - YouTube
Goosebumps every time.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:20 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Goosebumps every time.

This. NFT .

Unread 24-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
ffs its obvious Giggs shot was wide from the tv angle.
Didn't see that angle until the next evening. The seed was planted.

Unread 24-10-2014, 07:11 PM
dunk

Would've been a £#%&!ing travesty had Carsten Jancker scored an overhead kick in a CL final to secure the win

Unread 24-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would've been a £#%&!ing travesty had Carsten Jancker scored an overhead kick in a CL final to secure the win

Not really - they did outplay us TBH

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Thought it was at home to Bolton (the Munich 40th anniversary game)?
Closed Thread