Unread 22-10-2014, 07:20 PM
naes_sean

Default Teddy Sheringham

Unread 22-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Crumps

Looks like a Pertwee. @#%&!.

Unread 23-10-2014, 04:20 AM
Nani

Thought he was utter shit and a terrible signing in his first season. Inspired signing in the end! Never at forefront of my mind when I think about united's past strikers - fair play scoring in an FA Cup and Champions League Final in the space of a few days

Unread 23-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Stickman

His United career went the complete opposite way to Yorkes. He burnt out after a slow start whilst Yorke just faded away after taking the place by storm.

Anyone ever hear he allegedly was set to start in the Nou Camp over Cole until he felt a twinge in his hamstring?

Unread 23-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
His United career went the complete opposite way to Yorkes. He burnt out after a slow start whilst Yorke just faded away after taking the place by storm.

Anyone ever hear he allegedly was set to start in the Nou Camp over Cole until he felt a twinge in his hamstring?
He's a player that I know objectively I should like and appreciate what he has done.

However I despise the @#%&!.

Don't know whether it's because he 'replaced' Eric....
Didn't get on with Andrew Cole
The last bit of influence Red Issue had on me
His old £#%&!ing face

I can't stand him

A bit of me actually thinks he robbed Giggsy of a goal in the final as there is a chance the ball could have skidded and gone in. I say it jokingly from time to time but there is a mental bit of me that believes it.

Unread 23-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's a player that I know objectively I should like and appreciate what he has done.

However I despise the @#%&!.

Don't know whether it's because he 'replaced' Eric....
Didn't get on with Andrew Cole
The last bit of influence Red Issue had on me
His old £#%&!ing face

I can't stand him

A bit of me actually thinks he robbed Giggsy of a goal in the final as there is a chance the ball could have skidded and gone in. I say it jokingly from time to time but there is a mental bit of me that believes it.
Haha It's going to be on target but think Kahn's saving it if teddy leaves it. Also was Teddy's flick down for Ole's goal...?

Fantastic bridge between Eric and Ruud, didn't stay longer than he should've done, came and left at the right time IMO, what a great 3/4 years he had!

Unread 23-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani
Haha It's going to be on target but think Kahn's saving it if teddy leaves it. Also was Teddy's flick down for Ole's goal...?

Fantastic bridge between Eric and Ruud, didn't stay longer than he should've done, came and left at the right time IMO, what a great 3/4 years he had!
Wasn't a flick down he tried to score and missed.

Thank god for Olé.

What a great 2 weeks he had.

Unread 23-10-2014, 06:30 AM
ryanMUFC

Loved teds
The cole thing was over Sheringham not shaking Coles hand after he got subbed for England.

Unread 23-10-2014, 06:32 AM
believe

He was a top bloke imo and always had time for the fans.

During his first season when things weren't going quite right for him I was sat on the table next to him at a Bolton v Spurs game. I got hammered on corporate booze and spend the night telling him where he was going wrong and he humoured me.

Played brilliantly for us ever since that night and I take a lot of credit for the treble.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Winding up the arse fans in 2000 pretending to lift 3 trophies whilst warming up. Liked Teddy I did - very intelligent footballer

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:41 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Loved teds
The cole thing was over Sheringham not shaking Coles hand after he got subbed for England.
I like Cole but he makes himself look like petty @#%&! whenever he mentions/writes about the reasons why he didn't get on with Sheringham.

I remember them playing pretty well together though.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:46 AM
BarryX

I met Teddy and Andy Andrew Cole, along with a load of other ex-players a few years back in Madrid. They were chatting to each other and seemed to be getting on just fine, so whatever the cause of the problem they are both civil to each other nowadays (and top top blokes).

Unread 23-10-2014, 09:33 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Cracking player and decent bloke. Met him 2 season ago at White Hart Lane, even then he was being a top red

Unread 23-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike999
I like Cole but he makes himself look like petty @#%&! whenever he mentions/writes about the reasons why he didn't get on with Sheringham.

I remember them playing pretty well together though.
I thought the reason for the fall out was during a game at hillsborough I think, cole and teddy were kicking off after wed conceded and Sheringham basically looked him in the eye and said "that was your fault".

Anyway they patched it up by 2000, it was fairly well documented.

Unread 23-10-2014, 10:21 AM
dunk

Didn't he score about 15 in his first season, including 2 belters at Highbury?

It's always painted as him having an awful first season due to us throwing away a massive lead and winning nowt, truth is it was injuries and Schmeichel being a dick that ruined that season.

I was never the biggest fan of him.

Unread 23-10-2014, 10:31 AM
HotChip

He came to Man United and he won the lot oohh Teddy Teddy

Unread 23-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't he score about 15 in his first season, including 2 belters at Highbury?

It's always painted as him having an awful first season due to us throwing away a massive lead and winning nowt, truth is it was injuries and Schmeichel being a dick that ruined that season.

I was never the biggest fan of him.
If memory serves he just started awful, took about 3 pens in his first couple months and missed them all if memory serves!

Unread 23-10-2014, 10:50 AM
believe

Quote:
If memory serves he just started awful, took about 3 pens in his first couple months and missed them all if memory serves!
if memory serves.

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
I remember him missing one at WHL on his debut, seem to think there was one against Arsenal at OT as well?

Unread 23-10-2014, 11:19 AM
koppas

I was at The Cliff when he turned up in his Ferrari for the first day of training.

Made time to speak to the fans. Becks turned up in his old blue Porsche Carrera and didn't say a bloody word. Mortified I tell thee, mortified!

Closed Thread