United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Never wanted him signed but I still expected him to show a lot more than he did last season. Utd was a step too far for him, but he has been a good PL player for years and i assumed that although limited he would show a basic level of competency in his play.

He was much worse than his most vicious detractors thought he would be, the size of the club, and being tied so closely to Moyes meant that when it started going wrong for Moyes, Fellaini followed him down. Fresh start for him and with Moyes gone there is less ill feeling towards him.
He seems like a player who would benefit from lots of practice with the ball in training. I bet he surprises himself at least once a day by trapping the ball and laying it off correctly '£#%&!ing hell I never thought about trapping the ball with the inside of my foot and not running out of play was an option'

Unread 21-10-2014, 09:18 AM
The Return of JC

confidence and pressure off a little.

whether or not you wanted him signed or even if he will do ok from this point, he has a lot more to offer than we saw last season.

He was a £#%&!ing horrible bastard to play against for everton and could knock it around ok. We saw that last night. easily his best game for us and promising option.

he'll probably start on Sunday too.

Unread 21-10-2014, 09:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Still despise him as a footballer tbh but fair play, what a £#%&!ing moment that was last night

Unread 21-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Still despise him as a footballer tbh but fair play, what a £#%&!ing moment that was last night
It was a foul though, nudged Lescott as he jumped.

Unread 21-10-2014, 09:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It was a foul though, nudged Lescott as he jumped.
The take and the finish, though. Proper moment

He'll get sent off against Chelsea or City, nqat.

Unread 21-10-2014, 11:12 AM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he certainly reverted back to type once he's celebrated his goal. His celebration reminded me of this fwiw

The best thing about that gif is you think the 3rd fist pump is the gif starting again

Unread 21-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
The best thing about that gif is you think the 3rd fist pump is the gif starting again
haha. Totally.

Unread 21-10-2014, 03:11 PM
koppas

Quote:

So true.

Unread 21-10-2014, 03:37 PM
koppas

Jamie Jackson's take:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...louis-van-gaal

Unread 21-10-2014, 03:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You can actually see him thinking "this is it, this is the turning point - NOW I'LL SHOW THEM!"

Then just a few minutes later, Fulham equalised

Unread 28-10-2014, 08:37 AM
believe

The Fellaini "flick" video is now doing the rounds on the useful #@&%!head inhabited places.

Unread 28-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
The Fellaini "flick" video is now doing the rounds on the useful #@&%!head inhabited places.
It's Tuesday mate

There's a Chinese lad in a half and half strip like red caz at hull Liverpool tgat should be landing your end before the weekend...

Unread 28-10-2014, 08:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's Tuesday mate

There's a Chinese lad in a half and half strip like red caz at hull Liverpool tgat should be landing your end before the weekend...
I've seen the video before, I mean it's doing the rounds now like it's a £#%&!ing Pele montage.

Unread 28-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I've seen the video before, I mean it's doing the rounds now like it's a £#%&!ing Pele montage.
Ill keep an eye out for it...

Unread 28-10-2014, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Some of the recent praise for him is going a tad OTT tbh.

If he plays next weekend and doesn't disgrace himself, then I might start to grudgingly concede he isn't totally shit. Possibly

Unread 28-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Ethers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-clown-4521535

"But perhaps most telling was the remarkable number of high intensity sprints he managed, roughly one every 90 seconds. A man so often aimless and meandering in his play seems to know exactly where he’s going"

Good grief.

Unread 28-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Tiberian

This stage last season Moyes was trying to use Fellaini as a defensive midfielder, sitting alongside Carrick, distributing the ball. He has never had the ball playing ability or defensive awareness for that role. His use of Fellaini says a lot about the lack of conviction that Moyes brought to the job, he knows that Fellaini was best used as an unorthodox attacking midfielder, giving a target-man option, being a nuisance, trying to be physical high up the pitch. Asking him to play like a proper midfielder was a waste of time, unsurprisingly the player lost all confidence, starting with the chasing he got at City.

Moyes wanting to bring him on at Olympiakos and hit long balls, but being talked out of it is very telling.

Van Gaal using him basically as Moyes asked him to play at Everton has an element of tragi-comedy to it.

Unread 28-10-2014, 05:44 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
This stage last season Moyes was trying to use Fellaini as a defensive midfielder, sitting alongside Carrick, distributing the ball. He has never had the ball playing ability or defensive awareness for that role. His use of Fellaini says a lot about the lack of conviction that Moyes brought to the job, he knows that Fellaini was best used as an unorthodox attacking midfielder, giving a target-man option, being a nuisance, trying to be physical high up the pitch. Asking him to play like a proper midfielder was a waste of time, unsurprisingly the player lost all confidence, starting with the chasing he got at City.

Moyes wanting to bring him on at Olympiakos and hit long balls, but being talked out of it is very telling.

Van Gaal using him basically as Moyes asked him to play at Everton has an element of tragi-comedy to it.

LvG has clearly decided that having a big idiot in midfield is a prerequisite for success in the PL. Fellaini is really the only person in the squad who remotely fits the bill, until January at least.

Unread 28-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
LvG has clearly decided that having a big idiot in midfield is a prerequisite for success in the PL. Fellaini is really the only person in the squad who remotely fits the bill, until January at least.
So basically what you're saying is that Big Felli is the only key to any chance of domestic success, being the one giant in our squad of feeble midgets. A Lemuel Gulliver among our team of Lilliputians.

Have to agree; could be our PotY. The Busby Award awaits.

Unread 28-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-clown-4521535

"But perhaps most telling was the remarkable number of high intensity sprints he managed, roughly one every 90 seconds. A man so often aimless and meandering in his play seems to know exactly where he’s going"

Good grief.
Clearly a Fred lurker - even nicked Roo's "Basque in a basque"
Closed Thread