United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
So signing the best forward in the country at the time, for a cut price, beating off your near rivals in the process to sign him, who then goes on to be the league's top scorer as we win the league, was a mistake...?

£#%&!inghell
City would likely have won 3 titles in a row now if we hadn't signed him. For that, Van Persie was worth every penny if he never does another thing for united.

And it gave ferguson a winning send off.

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
City would likely have won 3 titles in a row now if we hadn't signed him. For that, Van Persie was worth every penny if he never does another thing for united.

Without a doubt pal. Dunk, Ziggy, Bellers etc have had another shocker tbh...

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
They all deserve another year of Moyes.

Dunk in particular deserves to have to carry him around like Hodor does with Bran.

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yep, I don't really care if 2012-13 turns out to be his only really good season with us. Still worth it, nqat

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:24 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Dunk in particular deserves to have to carry him around like Hodor does with Bran.

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 15-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Think dunk's tactical retreat was a wise move.

Expect him to blindside rooers in an innocuous thread later this week.

Unread 16-10-2014, 05:23 AM
believe

Quote:

Unread 16-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Stickman

Can't believe how far his popularity has seemingly fallen so quickly.

Tbh I was pissed off at him mid way through last season for downing tools somewhat but he deserves at least until summer before being deemed as dispensable as is being suggested. Best finisher at the club as it stands.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:12 AM
dunk

Quote:

Or, RvP would've signed for Juve, as he turned City down flat, United would've signed a midfield and we would've won the title and still been in the CL.

Equally, he could've joined City and had injury issues all year resulting in him barely playing.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:14 AM
dunk

Quote:

Considering I was one of the first against Moyes while the rest of you were still living in a World of pennywhistles and moon pies, I think not.

Wrt Sahin, Just about everyone on the board wanted United to sign him that summer, particularly because it was fast becoming apparent that we would be neglecting the midfield yet again. Just because I'm one of the few on here that isn't a flakey bastard, I remain of the opinion that the midfield had to be the priority that summer, although a new source of goals was needed. For all RvP's heroics, how many would've been required if we had a competent midfield unit? It was a vain gamble that paid off partly as a result of City and Mancini imploding.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Or, RvP would've signed for Juve, as he turned City down flat, United would've signed a midfield and we would've won the title and still been in the CL.

Equally, he could've joined City and had injury issues all year resulting in him barely playing.
But he didn't so we really have to deal only with the facts.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:17 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
which aren't that great, which I think is Dunk's point.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
My point being that City getting him and strolling to the title wasn't a formality if we didn't sign him.

Not sure I like the idea of us having to sign players just so our rivals get them anyway tbh.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:26 AM
koppas

Quote:
My point being that City getting him and strolling to the title wasn't a formality if we didn't sign him.

Not sure I like the idea of us having to sign players just so our rivals get them anyway tbh.
Assume you mean 'don't' get them?

New to the Premier League, pol?

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Assume you mean 'don't' get them?

New to the Premier League, pol?

Yeah. It's early ffs :shakehead:

It's mainly been the remit of Chelsea and City though, don't like the idea of United doing it.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:34 AM
koppas

Quote:
Yeah. It's early ffs :shakehead:

It's mainly been the remit of Chelsea and City though, don't like the idea of United doing it.
Gotta change with the times mate.

Stockpiling reds, we are here.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Gotta change with the times mate.

Stockpiling reds, we are here.
I think we've seen the issues with stockpiling players tbf

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Considering I was one of the first against Moyes while the rest of you were still living in a World of pennywhistles and moon pies, I think not.

Wrt Sahin, Just about everyone on the board wanted United to sign him that summer, particularly because it was fast becoming apparent that we would be neglecting the midfield yet again. Just because I'm on of the few on here that is a flakey bastard, I remain of the opinion that the midfield had to be the priority that summer, although a new source of goals was needed. For all RvP's heroics, how many would've been required if we had a competent midfield unit? It was a vain gamble that paid off partly as a result of City and Mancini imploding.

Unread 16-10-2014, 08:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Sorry, am I using big words again? I know you struggle sometimes.
Closed Thread