United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Sparky***

He'll inevitably be fired when United finish outside the top 4 - which they will.

Unread 24-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's it's also not letting them go and regretting it. Or letting their contracts wind down. Or giving long contracts to players who will prove a burden. Or getting into bed with shady agents. Or not letting a manager build an identity on the field, a profile of player and a regime of training when he's potentially only a bad month from losing his authority on the place. And showing commitment to the academy.

I just think it's a little illogical to give ultimate power to someone who, by averages in the current game, won't be around much longer than another year or two, and perhaps most importantly if he does feel under results pressure will usually move away from long term planning and closer to self preservation? The argument against a greater structure weakens as the game itself becomes more unstable.

Not the £#%&!ing Dave Clarke Five.

Unread 24-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'll inevitably be fired when United finish outside the top 4 - which they will.
I don't see him finishing outside top 4. 3rd or 4th imo. Maybe an fa cup if we are lucky.

Next season will be worse. I'd bet on it.

Though if he doesn't get top4 this season he may aswel just check out early and let woody know he's not coming back.

Unread 24-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I don't see him finishing outside top 4. 3rd or 4th imo. Maybe an fa cup if we are lucky.

Next season will be worse. I'd bet on it.

Though if he doesn't get top4 this season he may aswel just check out early and let woody know he's not coming back.
We could be 5th by the time we play Liverpool at home if Chelsea beat us tomorrow.

Our form is awful.

Unread 24-02-2018, 07:55 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
We could be 5th by the time we play Liverpool at home if Chelsea beat us tomorrow.

Our form is awful.
That second place is the only thing that we’ve been able to fall back on after the performances. We’ve looked nailed on top 4 all season despite being dull to watch. Now it looks 50:50

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! united off. you stupid stupid @#%&!s
Bad repping people for posting an opinion that you don’t agree with you childish @#%&!; let’s hope you’re currently nowhere near being a parent you immature yonner @#%&!...

Quote:

Our form is awful.
Yep; that’s what will happen imo. We are terrible and the team is clearly not playing for the manager.

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Bad repping people for posting an opinion that you don’t agree with you childish @#%&!; let’s hope you’re currently nowhere near being a parent you immature yonner @#%&!...
Ok

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:09 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yep; that’s what will happen imo. We are terrible and the team is clearly not playing for the manager.
Well it £#%&!ing well should be, and if they get JM the sack we will be back to square one.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:42 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
The defeat at home to City which pretty much ended our league hopes, destroyed the players' belief and to an extent I think their confidence in the manager.

Since then our form has been pretty dour all round, the players and manager have gone into their shell and we haven't produced anything like the performances we were turning out before it.

We'd scored 35 goals in the 15 league games leading up to the derby at Old Trafford. In the 11 games since then we've scored 14. And we haven't managed more than 2 goals in any game.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
The defeat at home to City which pretty much ended our league hopes, destroyed the players' belief and to an extent I think their confidence in the manager.

Since then our form has been pretty dour all round, the players and manager have gone into their shell and we haven't produced anything like the performances we were turning out before it.

We'd scored 35 goals in the 15 league games leading up to the derby at Old Trafford. In the 11 games since then we've scored 14. And we haven't managed more than 2 goals in any game.
Oof.

That's a worrying stat.

That derby game really was a disgrace.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:21 PM
saffers

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:22 PM
red in cumbria

Carry on from where we left off today and staying won't seem so bad after all.

Unread 25-02-2018, 08:25 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think a top 4 finish, semi final of CL and FA cup win would represent a very good season nyself.

Unread 25-02-2018, 10:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
What do you make of the pre match discussions in this thread pol?

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What do you make of the pre match discussions in this thread pol?
There is a difference between people being pissed off with recent performances (most of us were, the Newcastle game in particular was disgusting) and those with a longstanding predetermined agenda who leapt at the chance to push it. No names, no pack drill for the latter group

Unread 26-02-2018, 08:40 AM
saffers

Quote:
There is a difference between people being pissed off with recent performances (most of us were, the Newcastle game in particular was disgusting) and those with a longstanding predetermined agenda who leapt at the chance to push it. No names, no pack drill for the latter group
Mhmmm

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:04 AM
AK14

Quote:
Spot on.

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:43 AM
saffers

Quote:
Quote:

Our form is awful.
Gods plan!

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Gods plan!
United say, "Do you love me?" He told them, "Only partly"
I only love my black cab and my PlayStation , I'm sorry

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:48 AM
saffers

Quote: