United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Pochettino for United - YES or NO?
Yes 22 37.29%
No 37 62.71%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2016, 07:33 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
1,000% No
I doubt you grasped the nettle. This thread isn't about personal preferences regarding Loui's successor.
'Clock' the OP.

Unread 23-03-2016, 08:00 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
I doubt you grasped the nettle. This thread isn't about personal preferences regarding Loui's successor.
'Clock' the OP.
How can a Yes No poll about whether you'd be happy with someone as LVG's successor not be about personal preference on LVG's successor?

And what do you think grasping the nettle means? Whatever it is, it isn't that,

Anyway stop making it personal, it's the forum owner I feel sorry for.

Unread 23-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Tronics

Decent bet he is and considering our current position why not.

The idea that we're just going to turn into a cheque book club signing worldy after worldy chasing trophies, is great on one side but on the other hand, you wouldn't get moments of pure goonage when Rashford scored the winner last week!

Unread 23-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's definitely the best thing for these young players for Van Gaal to stay, and hopefully add and bring through more. And in the long term it's probably better for the club. But we deal in a sport that is largely about the short term, and fan consensus will reflect that.

Top four and an FA Cup would probably help adjust that, mind
What's that based on? Who's to say Pochettino, Simeone, Tuchel or some other manager wouldn't do a better job of bringing them on?

Not sure how anyone can definitively say what the best thing is for these players in terms of who's managing us next season.

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:44 AM
waynes ear's

Mo-po?

You £#%&!ing dick

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Stickman

Its no from me and he'd turn it down anyway imo.

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its no from me and he'd turn it down anyway imo.
Exactly.

"Mo-po" (i swear i'd bitch slap ashton for that) has a great young squad that is playing great football, why would he £#%&! it off to manage one of the biggest teams in the world who have a potentially great young squad with the ability to add worldies at the will of woody? (Or mendes)

Mad man imo. Absolute head the wall

Oh wait

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:23 AM
MagnificentSeven

a while back when there was talk of him being considered i thought no, because my logic was that he could end up being another moyes. doing well at a club aiming for european places (yeah i know, that's exactly what we are right now) but no experience of a club on the next level.

since then spurs started competing for the title and my mind completely changed.

still rather have jose though. proven winner.

Unread 24-03-2016, 08:15 AM
TheFatGoth

##TeamAVB

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Exactly.

"Mo-po" (i swear i'd b***h slap ashton for that) has a great young squad that is playing great football, why would he £#%&! it off to manage one of the biggest teams in the world who have a potentially great young squad with the ability to add worldies at the will of woody? (Or mendes)

Mad man imo. Absolute head the wall

Oh wait
Some Need a reality check Wayne's. Our stock is plummeting by the year, I think Pochettino would be mad to drop Spurs for us right now. Changed times.

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Some Need a reality check Wayne's. Our stock is plummeting by the year, I think Pochettino would be mad to drop Spurs for us right now. Changed times.
I agree, why would any top manager risk coming here ?

I'd go with mad jose for 3 years, piss of city and liverpool, win a title, or perhaps more, then see who's interested when jose decides he's had enough and wants to leave

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:57 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

I'd go with mad jose for 3 years, piss of city and liverpool, win a title, or perhaps more, then see who's interested when jose decides he's had enough and wants to leave
Recognition. Success at England's biggest club makes you a big deal. The United job is more prestigious and better paid than most other managerial jobs in football. Managing a team in front of 76,000 every home game is big league management. Managing at London's 3rd or 4th biggest club is not such a big deal.

Unread 24-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Recognition. Success at England's biggest club makes you a big deal. The United job is more prestigious and better paid than most other managerial jobs in football. Managing a team in front of 76,000 every home game is big league management. Managing at London's 3rd or 4th biggest club is not such a big deal.
So thats why Guardiola chose us over city ?

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:08 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
So thats why Guardiola chose us over city ?
Has Guardiola ever took a challenging managerial position yet? There'll be around 5 teams other competitive teams challenging for the title next season. Failure at City wouldn't tarnish his career as much as failing at United would.

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
We're no more a circus than Madrid and managers queue up to go there.

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Has Guardiola ever took a challenging managerial position yet? There'll be around 5 teams other competitive teams challenging for the title next season. Failure at City wouldn't tarnish his career as much as failing at United would.
so, one reason not to choose us then ?

My point it that we don't have a god given right to any manager we fancy. For many reasons, like the one you gave above, we may not be the first choice club for a top manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I suspect Madrid pay more and I suspect getting potted from there is no slur on your ability... everyone gets potted

Unread 24-03-2016, 02:23 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
so, one reason not to choose us then ?

My point it that we don't have a god given right to any manager we fancy. For many reasons, like the one you gave above, we may not be the first choice club for a top manager.

I suspect Madrid pay more and I suspect getting potted from there is no slur on your ability... everyone gets potted
I doubt he completely overlooked us. There may have been many reasons why he chose them over us, only him and the people involved really know. I'm sure city wanted him more than we did. In response to Guardiola going to City, (as well as Pochettino has done) I think the only man we can ;ook to is Mourinho. Fire with Fire.

Unread 24-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Players do but I'm not so sure managers. Mourinho would've happily stayed at Chelsea if they hadn't have booted him afaik. Every other manager has been pretty much an afterthought compared to their player signings.

Unread 24-03-2016, 04:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
What's that based on? Who's to say Pochettino, Simeone, Tuchel or some other manager wouldn't do a better job of bringing them on?

Not sure how anyone can definitively say what the best thing is for these players in terms of who's managing us next season.
Just because Van Gaal has signed or brought most of them through, so they know he believes in them. And what's he's asked of them has been working well for the most part. Adnan's career has stalled but that seems to be right across the board with him.

Unread 27-04-2016, 03:48 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

And some of you want him? He'd be off in a heart beat if he did well..

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino says PSG job 'part of my dreams'

"I've always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG," Pochettino told French radio station RMC. "Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It's part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League."
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...t-of-my-dreams
Closed Thread