United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Just on the second goal and its' genesis. All comes from Valencia not coming out with the rest, 3/4 yards behind the rest of the team, playing them onside. Smalling does brilliantly to come back and cut out the cross but more poor defending at the set piece:shakehead:
wtf?

smalling is cheating his position and imo his duty, not only standing 5 yds off lukaku but with his back to him as well - even though he knows there's acres of space behind him; he hasn't passed lukaku on to valencia (and rightly so), he can see the ball is being aimed in behind himself & young (who is already running back the way), and he knows mcnair and blind are caught up field. yes he managed to intercept the cross and boot it the way he was facing, out for a corner, but look at his reaction after that, shouting at blind and mcnair, but it's too late - we desperately need a leader back there.

and btw, on the series of corners that follows he was all over the £#%&!ing place :shakehead:

LVG wants automatism. you can clearly see smalling in particular is suited to that kind of teaching, but imo he is more suited to being a huxley epsilon than a sophisticate of LVG's automatism

Unread 27-04-2015, 07:48 AM
magic_cantona

Everton are a £#%&!ing joke tbh. The effort against us compared to their nearest rivals is laughable. Although we were bad, they were so £#%&!ing spawny it was unreal. Scabby first goal and the third was a shocking bit of refereeing - as soon as Lukaku moves, he's off side. The referee gave Everton carte blanche to boot anyone on the ball long enough.

That sounds bitter, I don't care. We were shire but dominated. They were shit and won 3-0 - then, players and fans alike, celebrated like they'd won the title. I wish they'd £#%&! off tbh. Got a job interview in an hour and I'm seething. Its a scouser doing it too💩💩💩

Unread 27-04-2015, 08:05 AM
andyroo

So we can be as good as we like but we're always only one game away from an internet full of herberts saying Van Gaal is the new Moyes.

Unread 27-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So we can be as good as we like but we're always only one game away from an internet full of herberts saying Van Gaal is the new Moyes.

Van aal out

Unread 27-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
All very Leicester today
This

I said that to my mates while watching the game unfold

We looked decent on the ball but did £#%&! all with it up top and went back to the days of brainfart defending.
We need some legs in that centre mid as it was embarrassing how we where so easily picked off by £#%&!ing Everton

But I'm sure LVG is on top of this with his targets as we can't rely on carrick forever

Unread 27-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Stickman

The 3rd goal was undisputedly offside. The only way Lukaka can have that waved play on is if he's jogging back the whole time.

Unread 27-04-2015, 08:55 AM
wee man

Said before the Spurs game that I thought we'd do ok against them, scousers and city as they would be open games. Back to form the last couple of weeks when faced with blanket defences which we don't even look like breaking down. The good run was as much to do with the other team's approach as ours.

It's Tony Pulis and West Brom on Saturday. Think they had 25% possession on Saturday to get a 0-0. Expect another long afternoon.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:06 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you would have to have made your mind up before the game to think falcao played better than rooney.
He did.

Also helps that once again Rooney no showed a trip to Merseyside.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:10 AM
andyroo

Quote:
He did.

Also helps that once again Rooney no showed a trip to Merseyside.
Once again Falcao no showed a Manchester United match.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:14 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Once again Falcao no showed a Manchester United match.
Again, what sort of service did he have when he came on?

Anyway, he wasn't the reason we lost.

Be interesting to see who's dropped for Carrick's return.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:22 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Said before the Spurs game that I thought we'd do ok against them, scousers and city as they would be open games. Back to form the last couple of weeks when faced with blanket defences which we don't even look like breaking down. The good run was as much to do with the other team's approach as ours.

It's Tony Pulis and West Brom on Saturday. Think they had 25% possession on Saturday to get a 0-0. Expect another long afternoon.
Villa at home was the same. 77% possession against a very defensive Villa side however it was a fairly comfortable win

At home we play with more intensity and tempo in our play and that helps us create more chances so against West Brom I expect a fairly comfortable 2 or 3 nil win
Away from home is still a big problem for us. We are still to slow and passive when on the ball and this results in us struggling to create hardly any clear cut chances

In too many of our away matches this season we just haven't worked the goalkeeper enough

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:31 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Villa at home was the same. 77% possession against a very defensive Villa side however it was a fairly comfortable win

At home we play with more intensity and tempo in our play and that helps us create more chances so against West Brom I expect a fairly comfortable 2 or 3 nil win
Away from home is still a big problem for us. We are still to slow and passive when on the ball and this results in us struggling to create hardly any clear cut chances

In too many of our away matches this season we just haven't worked the goalkeeper enough
Our away form really is rotten, just look at some of the results. :shakehead:

Not surprised we created nothing yesterday, slow tempo, and small pitch doesn't mix well. Sad when your only attacking player is your LB and the only player who can create anything is sat on the bench. Fully expect Blind to replace Shaw at LB when Carrick is fit.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:32 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Again, what sort of service did he have when he came on?

Anyway, he wasn't the reason we lost.

Be interesting to see who's dropped for Carrick's return.
The same sort of service the hated Rooney was receiving

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
And doing more with.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:38 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Yet Falcao is slated and Rooney okay.

Rooney was very poor yesterday, forgot he was playing first half.

Like Falcao he wasn't the reason we lost, but expect much better from him.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Our away form really is rotten, just look at some of the results. :shakehead:

Not surprised we created nothing yesterday, slow tempo, and small pitch doesn't mix well. Sad when your only attacking player is your LB and the only player who can create anything is sat on the bench. Fully expect Blind to replace Shaw at LB when Carrick is fit.
So understandable when all your crushes aren't on the pitch

I like Shaw, but we've been much better from an attacking PoV with Blind at LB if we're honest.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:42 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So understandable when all your crushes aren't on the pitch

I like Shaw, but we've been much better from an attacking PoV with Blind at LB if we're honest.
Hope you enjoy Fellaini and Young. The turds are turds after all.

Shaw's been United's best player last two games, no way he should be dropped but can see it coming. :shakehead:

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:48 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Tbh I thought we were struggling against Villa too - but the goal right on HT changed things and they had to open up.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:49 AM
dunk

Shows been good but the collective worse.

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:49 AM
TheNew

Do we know if any of the injured are likely to be back for Saturday?

Can't see Rooney playing, but Carrick, Jones, Rojo could return right?

Carrick is the one really, as he dictates the tempo of our play so much better than anyone else. One of Rojo or Jones would be nice.