United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/592361794821304320

Check the video on the link, wait til the end. An absolute disgrace that Chelsea allowed him to play on after that.
That dozy Doris of a physio (would obv) let Courtois play on after he'd been knocked out against Arsenal last October.

Unread 26-04-2015, 08:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
State of the PL at the minute. :shakehead:
Shocking at the top level. Chelsea have been made to look not just dull, but average and beatable in Europe over the last couple of years playing this type of football. At the moment it's still effective enough in the Premier League to squeeze results in the big games.

Worst side to win it for a long time. Everyone needs to up their game next year.

Unread 26-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shocking at the top level. Chelsea have been made to look not just dull, but average and beatable in Europe over the last couple of years playing this type of football. At the moment it's still effective enough in the Premier League to squeeze results in the big games.

Worst side to win it for a long time. Everyone needs to up their game next year.
The reality is, whether you like it or not, whatever league Mourinho rocks up in he wins it. His style of football is effective enough to win the PL this year just as it has in the past decade been effective enough to win la liga against the supposed best club side ever, and in serie A at Inter with whom he remarkably won the treble.

I know you're spinning the line that he's been lucky to lead the PL from start to finish this season, and there's no doubt the PL has been poor quality either (illustrated not least by United being almost safe in the top 4 despite a string of games far duller than chelsea have produced btw), but ultimately the fella gets his players to where they want to go. It's all very well saying they're dull, but that is to ignore the brilliant football they produced through the likes of Oscar, Fabregas and Hazard earlier in the season as well, with Hazard being the standout attacker in the division.

When you say they're the worst team to win the league for a long time who are you comparing them with as the last team that were so bad (sic)?

Unread 26-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Chris Quayd

Jose Mourinho took a thinly-veiled swipe at Arsenal and boss Arsene Wenger after hearing his side subjected to "boring boring Chelsea" chants during their goalless draw at Emirates Stadium.

Chelsea manager Mourinho said: "I think boring is 10 years without a title - that's boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that's boring.
"Maybe Arsenal's fans were not singing to us. When you want to win the game and you take your striker Olivier Giroud off maybe they want more, maybe they want Giroud and Theo Walcott up front."

He's got a point, Arsenal had one shot on target all match and in the first half they weren't committing midfielders forward. Chelsea have gone away to a top 4 rival in a match they don't need to win and if the ref does his job they've got a pen against 10 men after 30 minutes.

Unread 26-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Jose Mourinho took a thinly-veiled swipe at Arsenal and boss Arsene Wenger after hearing his side subjected to "boring boring Chelsea" chants during their goalless draw at Emirates Stadium.

Chelsea manager Mourinho said: "I think boring is 10 years without a title - that's boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that's boring.
"Maybe Arsenal's fans were not singing to us. When you want to win the game and you take your striker Olivier Giroud off maybe they want more, maybe they want Giroud and Theo Walcott up front."

He's got a point, Arsenal had one shot on target all match and in the first half they weren't committing midfielders forward. Chelsea have gone away to a top 4 rival in a match they don't need to win and if the ref does his job they've got a pen against 10 men after 30 minutes.
You got a love him, when he's not winding up your team. but wonder what he thinks of looserpool that hasn'T won it 26 years.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
The reality is, whether you like it or not, whatever league Mourinho rocks up in he wins it. His style of football is effective enough to win the PL this year just as it has in the past decade been effective enough to win la liga against the supposed best club side ever, and in serie A at Inter with whom he remarkably won the treble.

I know you're spinning the line that he's been lucky to lead the PL from start to finish this season, and there's no doubt the PL has been poor quality either (illustrated not least by United being almost safe in the top 4 despite a string of games far duller than chelsea have produced btw), but ultimately the fella gets his players to where they want to go. It's all very well saying they're dull, but that is to ignore the brilliant football they produced through the likes of Oscar, Fabregas and Hazard earlier in the season as well, with Hazard being the standout attacker in the division.

When you say they're the worst team to win the league for a long time who are you comparing them with as the last team that were so bad (sic)?
No doubting Mou's quality as a manager, although he spent ten years in charge of the teams with the biggest budget in their respective leagues so I'd expect him to be very successful. But I just don't think this is a very good side, and they are dull to watch.

Don't remember the last team to be less convincing, tbh. They've been underwhelming in Europe since he came back, too.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
No doubting Mou's quality as a manager, although he spent ten years in charge of the teams with the biggest budget in their respective leagues so I'd expect him to be very successful. But I just don't think this is a very good side, and they are dull to watch.

Don't remember the last team to be less convincing, tbh. They've been underwhelming in Europe since he came back, too.
They're us the last time we won the league.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
They're us the last time we won the league.
Now that was domination of a league

But I don't think that United side would have got mugged by 10-man PSG at Old Trafford, tbh.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

But I don't think that United side would have got mugged by 10-man PSG at Old Trafford, tbh.
True. But domestically very similar.

I see Oliver was letting players push him around today.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

that's pretty funny tbf.

Jose is a top wum and he has too much pride and too big an ego to not bite

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:

I think you're exaggerating how bad they are because you don't like the manager

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think you're exaggerating how bad they are because you don't like the manager
I don't dislike the manager

Used to defend Mou on here when Borsuk hated him But he's less funny these days and his big-game management more tedious.

I'd admit it if they were an excellent side. They're not. As PSG showed.

Unread 26-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
True. But domestically very similar.

I see Oliver was letting players push him around today.
Micheal Oliver is £#%&!ing loser and coward. So no surpise there.:shakehead:

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:

That United side went down to ten men then got mugged by Mourinho.

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:

Used to defend Mou on here when Borsuk hated him But he's less funny these days and his big-game management more tedious.

yeah course, there's no way they should be able to be 10pts clear in the league, but that's where they are.

and if they played PSG 10 times they'd knock them out 8 of them

late goals killed them

basically in a poor competition this season in the PL they have completely dominated it. I bet Mourinho fully expected to be managing this run-in exactly as he is doing but while Chelsea were going deep into that CL...

Quote:

also don't forget that a chelsea team went to camp nou, scored an absolutely stunning goal from ramires, and knocked barca out playing with 10 men for an hour. it happens.

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Venceremos

Quote:

There's room for improvement definitely. Much too slow and old defence (only Azpilicueta will be a starter soon) Then there's Matic, who has gained an inflated reputation by being infinitely better than Mikel but is nothing special and should be replaced. And Oscar is nowhere near good enough (yet) to be #10 for a team looking to win the Champions League.

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That United side went down to ten men then got mugged by Mourinho.
Indeed. Were in good control at that point, too.

Quote:
yeah course, there's no way they should be able to be 10pts clear in the league, but that's where they are.

and if they played PSG 10 times they'd knock them out 8 of them

late goals killed them

basically in a poor competition this season in the PL they have completely dominated it. I bet Mourinho fully expected to be managing this run-in exactly as he is doing but while Chelsea were going deep into that CL...
Dunno about that re PSG. They played them twice and PSG were the better side twice. This Chelsea side has looked a cut below the big boys in Europe over the last two years. As for their form, I think he'll know they're more vulnerable than they've been made to look. Three goalkeepers helping them out with six points recently was a bonus, but the lack of genuine competition has been galling.

The question I'd ask is why he keeps signing squad players (Salah, Cuadrado, Luis, Remy etc) and just not playing them

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Dunno about that re PSG. They played them twice and PSG were the better side twice. This Chelsea side has looked a cut below the big boys in Europe over the last two years. As for their form, I think he'll know they're more vulnerable than they've been made to look. Three goalkeepers helping them out with six points recently was a bonus, but the lack of genuine competition has been galling.

The question I'd ask is why he keeps signing squad players (Salah, Cuadrado, Luis, Remy etc) and just not playing them
there's 3 stand-out sides in europe atm. after that there's a few in the next bracket including Atletico and Juve.

i'd say chelsea are hanging onto that next bracket by their coat tails and it could go either way for them next season, depending on how much top level football they can get out of terry and costa down their spine.

Unread 26-04-2015, 11:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
There's room for improvement definitely. Much too slow and old defence (only Azpilicueta will be a starter soon) Then there's Matic, who has gained an inflated reputation by being infinitely better than Mikel but is nothing special and should be replaced. And Oscar is nowhere near good enough (yet) to be #10 for a team looking to win the Champions League.
Joining the 'Matic is overrated' crew, pal? VG2C
Closed Thread