United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Tiberian

Hargreaves is perfect for us. Quick energetic midfielder who can play across the midfield and right back if needed.

Get him signed, with the option of Hargreaves in our squad we may not have capitulated in Milan or late on at Arsenal.

With he and Carrick our midfield will be set up for the next 4/5 years.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Hargreaves is perfect for us. Quick energetic midfielder who can play across the midfield and right back if needed.

Get him signed, with the option of Hargreaves in our squad we may not have capitulated in Milan or late on at Arsenal.

With he and Carrick our midfield will be set up for the next 4/5 years.
agreed. nft.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Btw, I think you are delusional if you think we're gonna spend £30+ million on eto'o, whatever else we do.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherben
I'm gonna be a slapped arse, dummy spitting Riquleme regretter
I'm glad we never went there. The Argentinian Le Tissier.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
scherben

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm glad we never went there. The Argentinian Le Tissier.
I know

But

He's great

Flair, pace, skill

MUFC to a tee

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
pace,
????????? Looks like he's running in a strobe?

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
scherben

Quote:
????????? Looks like he's running in a strobe?
Alright then

No pace, skill, flair, invention, ego, no ambition, waste of money

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Alright then

No pace, skill, flair, invention, ego, no ambition, waste of money
Yup a real mixed bag. Would've, I suspect, been a complete disaster at United.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Btw, I think you are delusional if you think we're gonna spend £30+ million on eto'o, whatever else we do.
I don't expect us to sign Eto'o for £30m. I expect us to sign Hargreaves for close to £20m and then settle for a second rate striker because of that.

If we scrapped the Hargreaves deal - we could probably afford Eto'o, which is my point. If we are going to spend a large bulk of our budget on one player, I'd rather it be someone like Eto'o than Hargreaves.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

If we scrapped the Hargreaves deal - we could probably afford Eto'o, which is my point. If we are going to spend a large bulk of our budget on one player, I'd rather it be someone like Eto'o than Hargreaves.
My point is, we wouldn't, I think there's no chance of it even if we don't sign anyone else at all. The Eto'o business is, in my opinion, %@#$&!s.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
scherben

Quote:
Yup a real mixed bag. Would've, I suspect, been a complete disaster at United.
Nah, he'd have been great - like Veron

(coughs)

You're right about E'to

More chance of Kaka (drifts into blissful trophy filled reverie)

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

(coughs)

You're right about E'to

After OH signs I might get i astrop 'cos he stopped us signing David Villa.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
scherben

Quote:
After OH signs I might get i astrop 'cos he stopped us signing David Villa.
He Pancho's son?

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
My point is, we wouldn't, I think there's no chance of it even if we don't sign anyone else at all. The Eto'o business is, in my opinion, %@#$&!s.
Seemingly Eto'o wants out of Barca and England would appear his only realistic destination. I think our status as a good footballing side and current champions would make us an attractive option as any. Perhaps it's not probable, but it is possible if we had enough money.

£20m is a lot of money. It could get you - or at least put you very close - to some of the continent's finest players. On the other hand, I think there are dozens of players as good as Hargreaves available for half the price.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

(coughs)

You're right about E'to

Veron looking back he was not as bad as it seemed at the time. Played an important part in our previous title win, especially before Christmas before he picked up injuries, and he was brilliant in Europe for us.

[YOUTUBE]DbwaAR9YhdQ[/YOUTUBE]

My apologies for the music.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
. On the other hand, I think there are dozens of players as good as Hargreaves available for half the price.
Name them. Btw, they have to be the same type of player as it's clear that's been identified as what we need.

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Name them. Btw, they have to be the same type of player as it's clear that's been identified as what we need.
I wouldn't say he's exactly what we need. People go on about how he would have made the difference in Milan, but in that game we actually had more possession than them; winning the ball wasn't a problem - it was keeping hold of it and using it that we struggled with. Hargreaves had enough of a problem with this in Bayern's game with Milan to show that he wouldn't have helped us too much.

I simply don't think we need a big money signing in midfield. I'd be happy to go with Scholes and Carrick again next year, and Fletcher's recent performances suggest he'll provide the legs in the middle of the park. We just need another body. But if we're spending a big amount - I'd want a much better footballer than Hargreaves. For that fee I'd expect an Iniesta.

If you want a ball-winner, I'd suggest a Jean Makoun or a Konstantinos Katsouranis. Hargreaves would perhaps be the first option in the category, were he still priced at his previous valuation from a year or so back.

Personally, I'd look for a someone with a bit of both, but at a reasonable price. I think Manuel Fernandes is a great fit for us. A young, hard-working midfielder with great passing and vision. His reported fee? £9m. Failing that, Wesley Sneijder would be an interesting option, provided he passed the Fergie attitude test.

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I wouldn't say he's exactly what we need. People go on about how he would have made the difference in Milan, but in that game we actually had more possession than them; winning the ball wasn't a problem - it was keeping hold of it and using it that we struggled with. Hargreaves had enough of a problem with this in Bayern's game with Milan to show that he wouldn't have helped us too much.

I simply don't think we need a big money signing in midfield. I'd be happy to go with Scholes and Carrick again next year, and Fletcher's recent performances suggest he'll provide the legs in the middle of the park. We just need another body. But if we're spending a big amount - I'd want a much better footballer than Hargreaves. For that fee I'd expect an Iniesta.

If you want a ball-winner, I'd suggest a Jean Makoun or a Konstantinos Katsouranis. Hargreaves would perhaps be the first option in the category, were he still priced at his previous valuation from a year or so back.

Personally, I'd look for a someone with a bit of both, but at a reasonable price. I think Manuel Fernandes is a great fit for us. A young, hard-working midfielder with great passing and vision. His reported fee? £9m. Failing that, Wesley Sneijder would be an interesting option, provided he passed the Fergie attitude test.
Fergie would say he's exactly what we need as shown by his chasing him for over a year. Now if you don't want him 'cos of the price you have to name cheaper players who are as good at that job as OH. You've named an out and out holding player and 3 attacking midfielders, none of whom are proven.

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM
scherben

Quote:
Fergie would say he's exactly what we need as shown by his chasing him for over a year. Now if you don't want him 'cos of the price you have to name cheaper players who are as good at that job as OH. You've named an out and out holding player and 3 attacking midfielders, none of whom are proven.
Riquleme would cost about £10m

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM
violater

Quote:

I simply don't think we need a big money signing in midfield. I'd be happy to go with Scholes and Carrick again next year, and Fletcher's recent performances suggest he'll provide the legs in the middle of the park. We just need another body. But if we're spending a big amount - I'd want a much better footballer than Hargreaves. For that fee I'd expect an Iniesta..
exactly what i was saying this morning.

Quote:
If you want a ball-winner, I'd suggest a Jean Makoun or a Konstantinos Katsouranis. Hargreaves would perhaps be the first option in the category, were he still priced at his previous valuation from a year or so back
good suggestion. a very good player.

Quote:
Personally, I'd look for a someone with a bit of both, but at a reasonable price. I think Manuel Fernandes is a great fit for us. A young, hard-working midfielder with great passing and vision. His reported fee? £9m. Failing that, Wesley Sneijder would be an interesting option, provided he passed the Fergie attitude test
both good players at reasonable fees...

18m on owen hargreaves is a joke when you consider we need a striker and winger asap
Closed Thread