United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default When we sign Hargreaves.

Are you OH haters gonna act like slapped arses all summer or just get over it?

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Expect "We could have got Huddlestone, Zakora, Makoun and De Rossi for a combined fee of 400k and we've blew 18 million on Hargreaves" (despite it being structured probably.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
tatty

What is he worth? £7m
What will we pay? £18m+

Is it a good deal for us? Yes, definately.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Overratted player who was a national joke before one good performance in the world cup. I'm not agianst the signing of him but not for the silly amounts that have been banded about. What I don't get is why not just not sell Phill Neville and save about 15 million quid?

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
punk_football

Just get on with it probally

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Depends on who else comes in.

If we sign Hargreaves and remain ambitious with our other targets, I'll be delighted.

But I don't want to see us get Hargreaves, then watch Eto'o go to Liverpool for 30m, while we pick up Darren Bent.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Not the question I asked. Are you all gonna continue the slapped arse act after he signs? Blah, blah, blah, too much money, blah, blah, blah, one good game for England, blah, blah, blah, should've gone for X/Y/Z. See i'm not sure I can handle 10 weeks of it this year after Carrick last year.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Spiffy

I'd like to officially declare myself undecided on OH. Personally I'd prefer to see the money used to buy someone else but I have only seen Hargreaves in the England team so will give Fergie the benefit of the doubt. Naturally I'll be kicking up a right stink if he's shit.

Why can't we find an extra £10M and buy Gattuso?

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:04 PM
El Calafate

I think Hargreaves is what we need. I don't agree with the price. but i haven't agreed with any of the prices Utd have paid. Carrick, Rio, Rooney were all over priced. tbh, i don't care. nft.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not the question I asked. Are you all gonna continue the slapped arse act after he signs? Blah, blah, blah, too much money, blah, blah, blah, one good game for England, blah, blah, blah, should've gone for X/Y/Z. See i'm not sure I can handle 10 weeks of it this year after Carrick last year.
Okay then, whether I continue to act like a slapped arse depends on how much we wast... spend on him.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Okay then, whether I continue to act like a slapped arse depends on how much we wast... spend on him.
I deduce from that,that you are gonna act like a slapped arse all summer. Oh dear.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
The Return of JC

I think the fact he has the attributes our midfield is crying out for should mean that he gets a chance to prove himself.

I'm extremely confident he will be a success and I don't see any other realistic target who is as good for that kind of money.

I also don't think he spent 5 years at Bayern or however long it is based purely on one game.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
So, what are your parameters?

less than £15m = happy and no whinging?

£15.1m = Gill is a mug?

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Depends on who else comes in.

If we sign Hargreaves and remain ambitious with our other targets, I'll be delighted.

But I don't want to see us get Hargreaves, then watch Eto'o go to Liverpool for 30m, while we pick up Darren Bent.
Liverpool will not spend 30 million on one player and Eto'o wouldn't go there. The only English team he will go to is Chelsea 'cos we can't afford him.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Liverpool will not spend 30 million on one player and Eto'o wouldn't go there. The only English team he will go to is Chelsea 'cos we can't afford him.
true. nft.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes it was the question you asked. My answer is subjective. The inflated fee for Hargreaves will only become a frustration if it compromises our chances of securing other targets. If it doesn't, who cares?

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
How do you know that? This is the first summer under new owners; I think it's fair to say we have no basis for predicting how much money they will spend.

Anyway, that wasn't really the point. If Eto'o is available and willing to come, I'd hate to think we couldn't make it happen because of the Hargreaves fee.

MUFC One Love

It's a silly thing that Liverpool have "loads of money" too. Do they £#%&!, their yanks want to squeeze all the profit just like ours, they'll sign 3-4 typical Liverpool signings, that's all. I'm sick of it every summer "Oh Liverpool are going to challenge us next season" it's like the "new season" syndrome, they get a new kit sign 1-2 fancy players and suddenly Liverpool are big challengers.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes it was the question you asked. My answer is subjective. The inflated fee for Hargreaves will only become a frustration if it compromises our chances of securing other targets. If it does, who cares?
Spending any decent amount of money on a midfielder's gonna do this.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
scherben

I'm gonna be a slapped arse, dummy spitting Riquleme regretter
Closed Thread