In:

Hargreaves
Huntelaar

nft.

Unread 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Belgian Utd fans posting though. Official United site is not going to be overly critical.

Does the Antwerp experience do any good? Perhaps it matures them as people, living away from home for an extended period, but the level of the football might be league 2 standard.
I think the antwerp experience is more mental than physical. trying to get them to grow up abit, instead of having people do everything for them.

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
From what I've seen of De Rossi he is not a player who will sit infront of the back four running around winning the ball back.
De Rossi generally plays in a two man pivot with Pizarro.

He is a hard tackler (albeit not to the same degree as Gattuso) and is his reading of the play is exceptional (to the point that he often makes it look easy), he has an absolutely top notch work rate, he is a solid passer of the ball, good in the air, tactically intelligent and he is becoming a leader too.

He also chips in with goals at around three times the rate of Hargreaves, and this in a tougher league. They're often fantastic goals too.

Personally he'd be my ideal midfield signing this summer. Not going to happen though.

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
De Rossi generally plays in a two man pivot with Pizarro.

He is a hard tackler (albeit not to the same degree as Gattuso) and is his reading of the play is exceptional (to the point that he often makes it look easy), he has an absolutely top notch work rate, he is a solid passer of the ball, good in the air, tactically intelligent and he is becoming a leader too.

He also chips in with goals at around three times the rate of Hargreaves, and this in a tougher league. They're often fantastic goals too.

Personally he'd be my ideal midfield signing this summer. Not going to happen though.
Agree, he's outstanding. What about the racism row with Eric Abidal after the Lyon game? I think that may have hurt his chances.

I'd like United to have a go for David Silva from Valencia. For me he's been the eye-catching player in La Liga this season, after Dani Alves.

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree, he's outstanding. What about the racism row with Eric Abidal after the Lyon game? I think that may have hurt his chances.

I'd like United to have a go for David Silva from Valencia. For me he's been the eye-catching player in La Liga this season, after Dani Alves.
I don't know what he said, and he did apologise. I really don't know how you make these kinds of decisions.

His appearance doesn't really do him any favours in that respect though, does it?

Very impressed with Silva too, he looked excellent when I saw him (on loan) at Celta and he's improved since then. You have think he'd be extremely expensive now though.

If we sign a winger it'll probably be Nani or Bale (shudder).

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Pnut18

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Out:

Kushac
Richardson
Silvestre
Fletcher
Smith
Saha

In:

Hargreaves
Huntelaar

nft.
oke doke....heres my predictions...

out
either gabby or silvestre(fergie wont let both go)
saha(as todays press conference confirmed..injured again)
Kuszczak(because foster will be back and therefore he'll be 3rd choice)

In:
Hargreaves..well its becoming the longest transfer in history
Bent(ive a feeling about this one just cos of his pace and finishing...£#%&! me if you can score what hes scored for charlton..the supply he'll get at united will be interesting)
Bale(failed bid in january so obvious we'll bag him for 10 million(structured of course...as always!!)

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
King Schlong

In

Alves
Gamst Pederson
Bale
Tevez/Bent
Evans
Rossi

Out

The pole
Heinze
Richardson
Saha
Smith
Simpson (loan)
Gibson (loan)

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I don't know what he said, and he did apologise. I really don't know how you make these kinds of decisions.

His appearance doesn't really do him any favours in that respect though, does it?

Very impressed with Silva too, he looked excellent when I saw him (on loan) at Celta and he's improved since then. You have think he'd be extremely expensive now though.

If we sign a winger it'll probably be Nani or Bale (shudder).
Yeah, Silva is probably a bit ambitious. Nani has talent and I wouldn't complain if he signed, but I can't help thinking we'd be better of with someone slightly more developed. I was always a bit of a Simao basher, but he's been outstanding for Benfica over the last 18 months or so. We may be better off with someone like that than taking our chances with Nani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
In

Alves
Love the guy. I've been a big fan for a quite a few years now, since I saw him playing for Brazil in the Fifa World Youth Championships in 2003. I have never known for a full-back or right-sided midfielder to be so prevalent in a game as Alves is for Sevilla. He is absolutely everywhere. Unfortunately, I think it'll be Barca for him. I'd love to see United have a go, though. We'd kill two birds with one stone, as he would offer another option on the wing as well as provide cover/long-term replacement for Neville.

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
TreeFiddy

In
Hargreaves
Eto'o (yeah right)

Out
Richardson
Heinze
Saha

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, Silva is probably a bit ambitious. Nani has talent and I wouldn't complain if he signed, but I can't help thinking we'd be better of with someone slightly more developed. I was always a bit of Simao basher, but he's been outstanding for Benfica over the last 18 months or so. Someone like that may be better off than taking our chances with Nani.
I wouldn't complain if we signed Nani, and there seems to be a very good chance of that happening. He's by no means the finished article, but there's no question about his potential.

Having said that, his form has been very patchy at times and I understand his general attitude hasn't been great either. His contract situation might well be responsible for the latter, but his reaction wasn't ideal. Though he has supposedly improved of late in that regard.

Simao has never impressed me. Even his recent outstanding form hasn't really convinced me. Not sure why.

I'm not sold on Bale as a winger at all and I'm not sure we really need another attack oriented left fullback. However, his dead ball ability would certainly be nice!
Quote:
Love the guy. I've been a big fan for a quite a few years now, since I saw him playing for Brazil in the Fifa World Youth Championships in 2003. I have never known for a full-back or right-sided midfielder to be so prevalent in a game as Alves is for Sevilla. He is absolutely everywhere. Unfortunately, I think it'll be Barca for him. I'd love to see United have a go, though. We'd kill two birds with one stone, as he would offer another option on the wing as well as provide cover/long-term replacement for Neville.
Alves would be a great signing. He really does dominate the whole flank in a way that arguably only a Brazilian fullback can do. His attacking ability is, I think, unrivaled at this point and although he still isn't the strongest defensively he's definitely improved a great deal in that regard already.

Alves and Evra in the same side would be absolutely electrifying, you'd really be getting into Cafu and Roberto Carlos territory.
Closed Thread