In:
Bale
Berbatov
Cambiasso
Nani
Good shout,a very underated player.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Makoun is a good player from what I've seen, he isn't though the type of player we need in my opinion.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Rhodzy

Out:
Silvestre
Richardson
Saha

In:
Hargreaves
Sneijder
Nani
Torres/Eto'o

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
violater

giggs and scholes are at the very end of their careers and it has shown in the last few weeks...

of course their fan boys will coem out with how sublime they have been but for me its in patchs and we cant ecpect them to still be our big guns at 32/33.

we need some new exciting ATTACKING talent. the last one we bought was rooney which was three seasons ago...

id rather we went cheap with our robust tackling midfielder and looks for a nani,tevez ,anderson type player.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
i never agree with paying anything over 13m for a holding midfielder.
you can say what youw ant but i dont agree with it and would never recomment it...

i dont know any club that spend that much on players "like that"

hargreaves is a decent water carrier who had a few good games for england issues soundbites about the club...
18m? £#%&! off.

only pay that much if they are all action like essien etc.

mikel cost 14m is as good as hargreaves if not better

and you have seen first hand that makoun is a good player.
It was meant in good context, see my post just posted.

That price for Hargreaves is scandalous, but he is the one the club wants, now we have Glazer the club only invest in pretty much guaranteed successes, and Hargreaves is that. Hence why we will pay a lot of money rather than around half of it for a player who could be quite average. Makoun could come and be great but I doubt it, he would look "busy" like Zakora from what I've seen but not have much about him, I personally want Hargreaves because I think he is perfect for Manchester United. That's why other transfers use to fail, people use to think we could get these players and they'd fit right in being a big enforcer for United but it just doesn't happen, the set up of our club is different to others you could say. Hargreaves would fit in perfectly and do the job we need somebody to do and I don't want the club to risk a pretty big amount of Makoun or similar players because I just can't see them being hits.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy

In:
Hargreaves
Sneijder
Nani
Torres/Eto'o
Has that warchest doubled in size without anyone informing me.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
giggs and scholes are at the very end of their careers and it has shown in the last few weeks...

of course their fan boys will coem out with how sublime they have been but for me its in patchs and we cant ecpect them to still be our big guns at 32/33.

we need some new exciting ATTACKING talent. the last one we bought was rooney which was three seasons ago...

id rather we went cheap with our robust tackling midfielder and looks for a nani,tevez ,anderson type player.
Very very true. Despite having good spells, I think Giggs' and especially Scholes' contributions this season have been over rated imo. Giggs has been awful for the past few months and Scholes has performed in patches all season but is starting to struggle. We definitely need a young exciting attacker this summer.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Whalefish

Worth noting that CQ has apparently been quoted saying that Nani isn't a short term target. Whatever that means I don't know, perhaps he isn't a priority this Summer?

As good a prospect as Anderson is I don't think there's any chance he'll come to Utd.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Has that warchest doubled in size without anyone informing me.
I thought it was just a wishlist

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:

Spot on btw.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
violater

here comes a statement i know ill get stick for...

we mad a mistake over that mascreano.
liverpool have him on loan for two seasons.
i wish we had done this as it would have allowed us to run down hargreaves contract (not buy him yet) and this summer and next one buy some attacking talent...
and thats not forgetting gibson will be on the fringes by then.
the loan is 2 years isnt it?

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
1MUFC

Quote:

i wish we had done this as it would have allowed us to run down hargreaves contract (not buy him yet) and this summer and next one buy some attacking talent...
hargreaves would just sign a new contract, and hargreaves is a far better player that actually speaks English and wants to come.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

18months mate, but I agree with what you say. Dippers have got an option to buy as well.

Strong rumour that Tevez/MSI are in talks with Liverpool too.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
hargreaves would just sign a new contract, and hargreaves is a far better player that actually speaks English and wants to come.
busier doesnt not always mean better.
i.e makelele.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
hargreaves would just sign a new contract,
are you stupid?

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Stretlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Out: Heinze, Silvestre, Saha, Ole , Richardson

In: Hargreaves, Nani, Berbatov, Rossi, Pique, Evans

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Mascherano and Tevez are gambles because of the baggage with this MSI, we're a club with pride so I doubt we would do it, Liverpool are @#%&!s and will happily deal with the murkey side etc.

I think Tevez would be brilliant for us. Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
are you stupid?
No and you must be deluded

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
benallen

Hargreaves was £#%&!ing awful against Real..... Not good enough for Utd!

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benallen
Hargreaves was £#%&!ing awful against Real..... Not good enough for Utd!
That’s because hed just come back from a bloody broken leg ffs
Closed Thread