United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm almost hoping we're after Huntelaar 'cos I'm getting a horrible feeling our forward signing is gonna be one of 2 English dwarves at either end of the country.
What about Huntelaars replacement at Heereneveen Alfonso Alves? He looks quite tasty. Unproven I know but might be worth a punt.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
MUFC One Love

I want to see Rossi given a chance but he won't be given one, sadly that's the game these days, far to much rides on it and there is no time to give people games to prove their selves.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I want to see Rossi given a chance but he won't be given one, sadly that's the game these days, far to much rides on it and there is no time to give people games to prove their selves.
Perfect example of what I was on about, absolutely definitive about his future, no evidence to back it up.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
What about Huntelaars replacement at Heereneveen Alfonso Alves? He looks quite tasty. Unproven I know but might be worth a punt.
Not aware of him.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Evans will be gone then

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Evans will be gone then
I wouldn't put a lot on Evans making it either, looks very good but it's just about being given the chance, it wouldn't do any harm to play them in some home games, 1-2 of them, but he won't, far to much rides on it - it's a different game these days.

Bedders, of course, It's just my IMO, but I really can't see Rossi being in United's first team squad next season, well, he might, but as a 4th choice striker which he won't be happy with so will want out, it goes on and on like this, next season the likes of Rhodzy will say he's gonna make it whilst he is 4th choice/loaned out, then the year after, I don't blame you for clinging onto the hope he'll make it but it's likely he won't before you know it he will be 22-23.

It's like Gibson, looks terrific but won't be given a proper champ, maybe 6th choice midfielder or something stupid. It's no good they need games.

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Not aware of him.
Goal a game in the Dutch league ( I know) this season, very quick strong, biig boot and takes free kicks. Still risky but might a risk worth taking.

[YOUTUBE]v=g0elLEQv_rA[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
The Return of JC

My concern is that Rossi couldn't even get in the Newcastle side.

I know Roedor is shit, but I don't think he's so shit to take him on loan and not play him if he's good enough.

Sibierski being in the side ahead of him is a concern. Even when they were injury ravaged, he still didn't get much of a chance.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he made the grade.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Barca '91

I'll kill myself if we sign Michael Owen.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
My concern is that Rossi couldn't even get in the Newcastle side.

I know Roedor is shit, but I don't think he's so shit to take him on loan and not play him if he's good enough.

I think he's exactly that shit, Fergie was £#%&!ing furious about it as he had other options including Blackburn. He's since gone to Italy and been very succesful.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Tiberian

Rossi should take Ole's place in the squad next year. That will not represent such a drop off will it, especially as Ole has only been a factor against the shite teams this year.

He is a good finisher, quick, good touch and would fit into our style of play.

This season he would have offered just as much as Ole, Larsson and Smith.

Only Rooney and Saha should have been ahead of him.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Solskjaer already has a coaching role written in to his contract.

He will play the odd game next year but his primary focus will be helping the youngsters.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Rhodzy

I think Rossi won't be competing for places with Smith and Saha (or the striker we replace him with)
I think he will take the position Giggs has been playing lately

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
violater

Quote:
I think Rossi won't be competing for places with Smith and Saha (or the striker we replace him with)
why the strong hate for rossi?

did he £#%&! your bird or something?

antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Solskjaer already has a coaching role written in to his contract.

He will play the odd game next year but his primary focus will be helping the youngsters.
Excellent news.

The Return of JC

Quote:
I think he's exactly that shit, Fergie was £#%&!ing furious about it as he had other options including Blackburn. He's since gone to Italy and been very succesful.
C'mon. We can be furious with Roeder if we like, but that's not the point.

If he was anywhere near good enough for us then he should walk into that Newcastle side. They had problems with Martins as he was slow to settle. They also had injuries and he still didn't get a look in.

Roeder is shit, but if Rossi was good enough he'd be in the side.

He's done well in Italy, yes. But I think that probably points to him being better suited to Italian football more than anything else.

I have nothing against the lad at all and I'd love for him to make the grade - we rarely get strikers coming through. But I fear he's done well in Italy and that's where he'll stay as a result.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater

I'm pretty sure he's a Rossi fan???

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater

I love Rossi, check the av
I was trying to say I see him playing in the position Giggs has been playing lately.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I think it's certain Saha will be sold.

That's the thing, I want Rossi to be given chances, as well as Pique, Evans and Gibson, but sadly they probably won't be. Stop making out I don't want him to make it, I want him to be given chances, but it's doubtful, imo, that he will.

Vio there is no "hate". If "hating" somebody is when you don't think they'll be given a chance then I'm confused.

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I love Rossi, check the av
I was trying to say I see him playing in the position Giggs has been playing lately.
I don't think he can tbh, I think Giggs's role has been different to the typical "in the hole" I think Rossi could play up front or maybe a bit withdrawn but certainly not running from deep.
Closed Thread