United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'd be quite happy with Huntelaar tbh. Although if Saha is going I still think we'll need someone with a bit more power and pace. Huntelaar is no lightweight nor is he slow but I'd like to think we were aiming for someone with a bit more pace. However he's got an eye for goal and his link up play has improved an awful lot this season. From the games I've seen anyway.

Darren Bent could be a good shout but I'm not sure he'll cut it at the highest level week in week out. Mind you the same could be said about Huntelaar.

Will be interesting to see if we're following up our supposed interest in that striker at Sampdoria.
If Saha is going surely we need 2 strikers? Ole is pretty much done and even with Rossi returning and Smith We are still one light without Saha.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If Saha is going surely we need 2 strikers? Ole is pretty much done and even with Rossi returning and Smith We are still one light without Saha.
What about Dong!?

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What about Dong!?
I'm sure he'll do well at the Yang Sing.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I've said elsewhere I think we'd need two strikers but I'm only expecting the one arrival. I can only see two arriving if one from Ole, Rossi or Smith is offloaded too.

We needed a striker before the Saha situation so yes, it seems reasonable to suggest that we now need two strikers in.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
yeah, wouldn't get too excited about Owen but I would be genuinely disappointed if United sign the spurs reserve striker. He's the kind of player Liverpool would buy.
Exactly what i said to a scouse supporting mate on MSN last night as i was regailing Defoes latest goal.

Average player, bad attitude so it seems, greedy and a bit gobby - perfect to accompany Bellamy for me!

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
chorleyred

not surprisingly ole is a shadow of his former self, and offers very little to the team now. thank £#%&! we got to see him knock a few in this season when we thought we'd never see him again in a shirt.

that goal at charlton is probably my favourite memory of this season

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
not surprisingly ole is a shadow of his former self, and offers very little to the team now. thank £#%&! we got to see him knock a few in this season when we thought we'd never see him again in a shirt.

that goal at charlton is probably my favourite memory of this season
I wonder if they might consider offering him a coaching position? I can't imagine anyone I think could teach a kid what it takes to be a professional footballer better than Ole.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Whalefish

Not sure about a coaching role Bedders but old Bobby C isn't getting any younger and they'll be chasing a new club ambassador soon IMO.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
chorleyred

it would be nice. people go on about ruud being the best finisher we've had at united down the years, well ole isn't far behind him for me, he was a natural

great player and a great bloke

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not sure about a coaching role Bedders but old Bobby C isn't getting any younger and they'll be chasing a new club ambassador soon IMO.
I just think that Ole in terms of technique, training, attitude and professionalism would be a perfect role model and mentor for our youth teamers.

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I just think that Ole in terms of technique, training, attitude and professionalism would be a perfect role model and mentor for our youth teamers.
Oh I agree, just depends if he wants that kind of job. He may prefer to return to Norway. An ambassador role would allow him to keep up his ties with Utd if he so wishes.

Mind you I seem to recall him saying he wanted to stay put when he retired, family settled etc so who knows.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
celtbion

This selling Rossi notion is ridiculous.

Very much Utd quality.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

Very much Utd quality.
I'm not sure where it's coming from? Certain people on here just come out with definitive statements saying we'll £#%&! him off with no supporting evidence. Asfar as I can see he's a cert to be in the first team squad next season.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

Very much Utd quality.
Agreed
Maybe Ole will have a player coach role next season.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I'm not sure where it's coming from? Certain people on here just come out with definitive statements saying we'll £#%&! him off with no supporting evidence. Asfar as I can see he's a cert to be in the first team squad next season.
Not quite sure anyone has been saying we're definitely selling him but his agent has been touting him about and feels he'd be better off in a league which is more 'technical'. Also, my point is quite simple. If Utd buy two strikers then one of the above three is also being sold.

I'm not sure Rossi will be happy returning to Utd as fourth choice either. But again that's just my opinion.

We can go on about him being a better option/goal threat than Ole and Smith but if those two are stiill at the club they'll got a striking spot before him IMO.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Not quite sure anyone has been saying we're definitely selling him but his agent has been touting him about and feels he'd be better off in a league which is more 'technical'. Also, my point is quite simple. If Utd buy two strikers then one of the above three is also being sold.

I'm not sure Rossi will be happy returning to Utd as fourth choice either. But again that's just my opinion.

We can go on about him being a better option/goal threat than Ole and Smith but if those two are stiill at the club they'll got a striking spot before him IMO.
Rossi was sent out on loan again as he didn't get enough playing time at Newcastle, he will be back next season.
Just check all the Rossi articles on skysports.com to see how highly rate this boy is at the club. Selling him without giving him a chance is £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Wasn't referring to you. Thing is though, Ole just hasn't got it any more and you are as convinced as me that we'll only be getting one striker so tbh I cannot see why we'd sell such a good young talent.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Whalefish

There are still rumours doing the rounds that Rossi will be swapped with cash for that lad at Sampdoria. I know they're just rumours, but until I hear Fergie say he's definitely coming back and will get a shirt for next season I'll have my doubts.

That's just me though, I'm a cynical @#%&!.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Rossi was sent out on loan again as he didn't get enough playing time at Newcastle, he will be back next season.
Just check all the Rossi articles on skysports.com to see how highly rate this boy is at the club. Selling him without giving him a chance is £#%&!ing stupid.

Remember Fergie was absolutely furious with the Barcodes for not playing him. Why would he give a shit if he was£#%&!ing him off at the end of the season. Makes no sense at all particularly after the impact he had at Parma.

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Wasn't referring to you. Thing is though, Ole just hasn't got it any more and you are as convinced as me that we'll only be getting one striker so tbh I cannot see why we'd sell such a good young talent.
I do agree. I don't want to see him offloaded at all. I want him to get a chance.
Closed Thread