Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Leetheref
Now I know you're taking the piss.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Tronics

best of a bad bunch.

but i thinkg your overreacting a tad.

he has been solid for most of the season.

this was probs his poorest game.

rafael booking was warranted. he chucked the ball behind the players head not into his hands.

the ronnie one was odd.

i didn't hear the whistle from the tv and ronnie didn't get pushed.

so why did he handle the ball with his hands?

anyways lets forget about that.

the lads did us proud and put to bed an average citeh side that have been winning loads of plaudits as of late. plus there's no better sight then mark hughes when his team are losing lol.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:25 PM
magic_cantona

The referreeing in this country has long been shit.

And being the best of them isn't such a great thing.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Elsey

Howard Webb has been like this all season. You're not watching enough football T.

He's been like this since he became the "Top Official" .

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:26 PM
red terry

3pts was the main thing today,if arsenal can take a point from chelsea it would be a tidy weekend. when are the scouse playing?

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
Howard Webb has been like this all season. You're not watching enough football T.

I remember the same thing being said about Uriah Rennie.

Then he got an agent.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

why did the ref have no choice but to send him off? All handballs do not result in bookings?

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

apart from possibly 4 descisions (one of which could have changed the games outcome) i thought webb was ok
i think some prem games are allmost impossible to ref perfectly
we won

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:31 PM
denis lawless

the best refs are the ones you dont know the names of......they let the game flow and dont create their own headlines with stupid decisions

NFT

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey

but you have to admit that he's the best ref we have in this country.

and for the most part he's consistant.

today he was poor but some people on here are going on like he's as bad as Uriah, Styles or Winter in their heyday. no chance.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

webb was running around with an air of self-righteousness that would have made david elleray proud. He was going to show those manchester united big-heads who was in charge, they get all the decisions anyway, it says so in all the papers. Well he'll show those other refs how it's done, he's not afraid to punish those evil united players.

What about city? Oh well they're just good honest pro's don't you know.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
apart from possibly 4 descisions (one of which could have changed the games outcome) i thought webb was ok
i think some prem games are allmost impossible to ref perfectly
we won
It was just the imbalance and inconsistancy of his performance.

Everything seemed to go City's way, everything.And it seemed he only gave us something (incorrectly too) when it became almost embarrassing.

I thought he was shocking.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
the best refs are the ones you dont know the names of......they let the game flow and dont create their own headlines with stupid decisions

NFT
Henefftee in£#%&!ingdeedy!

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Elsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
but you have to admit that he's the best ref we have in this country.

and for the most part he's consistant.

today he was poor but some people on here are going on like he's as bad as Uriah, Styles or Winter in their heyday. no chance.

no, no he's not. He hasn't been the best for at least 12 months now. And since August he has been on a par with Steve Bennett on all levels, his personality and his refereeing.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:36 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
why did the ref have no choice but to send him off? All handballs do not result in bookings?
Correct. All this %@#$&!s about deliberate handball. All handballs given by the ref are deemed to be deliberate, otherwise they'd wave play on.

There is no such thing as an undeliberate handball offence.

Quote:
Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour
is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:

• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball
I don't think he tried to score. No yellow.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Correct. All this %@#$&!s about deliberate handball. All handballs given by the ref are deemed to be deliberate, otherwise they'd wave play on.

Thank you, absolute nonsense being taked about this without basis in the rules of the game.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Correct.

So, if a ball is flying full pelt for a players face, and they instinctively cover up, is that a yellow?

It's the referee's discretion.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Ether

Quote:

Spot on. Gullit had it absolutely correct in his analysis, but was shouted down by that idiot Redknapp and Keys just bizarrely kept going 'But was he trying to gain an advantage?' when it had been established he wasn't.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Spot on. Gullit had it absolutely correct in his analysis, but was shouted down by that idiot Redknapp and Keys just bizarrely kept going 'But was he trying to gain an advantage?' when it had been established he wasn't.
If he was trying to gain an advantage, the ball would have been thrown into the net.

The fact that he didn't direct the ball, or aim it to a team mate is beyond the grasp of Keys and Redknapp.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
If he was trying to gain an advantage, the ball would have been thrown into the net.

If he'd wanted to gain an advantage, he'd have put his hands down and headed it into the goal.
Closed Thread