United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:46 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It's very rare that the BBC beats the Sky ticker to the punch on a story.

The Beeb are busy fact checking or second sourcing whereas Sky's motto is "We're never wrong for long."

The Beeb beat Sky to this by 5 minutes, a significant break from the norm.

It came from a club. United wanted this out there.

It is probably not insignificant that the BBC story also stated that United were thereby ending their interest in Morata. How could they be so sure of that? Because we told them.
What I can't figure out is why Utd have let it be known that a fee has been agreed
If it's really been agreed then surely both us and Everton would put it on our own websites

Surely letting this cat out of the bag before it's done will give the likes Chelsea time to hijack it

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer
Can't wait, this is all sooooo exciting.

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM
shenwen

looking at the vid earlier in the thread, he's not one for stylish goals is he? about half his goals are ugly off the shin/top of his head efforts.

but can't argue with his record. Mourinho said last season we need this type of player - gets the ball in the net one way or another. Wasn't expecting him to shell out 75m for it. If he signs, can't believe if he'll be the only forward we bring in.

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Alan

Quote:
What I can't figure out is why Utd have let it be known that a fee has been agreed
If it's really been agreed then surely both us and Everton would put it on our own websites

Surely letting this cat out of the bag before it's done will give the likes Chelsea time to hijack it

£#%&!ing hell ziggy it's not that hard to work out.

'Stop £#%&!ing us about Perez or we'll sign this lump'. While also making a value for Lukaku known for Raiola to take to Chelsea at the same time.

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
£#%&!ing hell ziggy it's not that hard to work out.

'Stop £#%&!ing us about Perez or we'll sign this lump'. While also making a value for Lukaku known for Raiola to take to Chelsea at the same time.
That doesn't make sense as Madrid don't actually want to sell Morata
They're quite happy with him as backup to Benzema
It's Morata who wants to go

Telling Madrid we've ended our interest in Morata isn't going to get them running back to us saying they'll accept the 65 mill bid

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Alan

Quote:
That doesn't make sense as Madrid don't actually want to sell Morata
They're quite happy with him as backup to Benzema
It's Morata who wants to go

Telling Madrid we've ended our interest in Morata isn't going to get them running back to us saying they'll accept the 65 mill bid
You're forgetting who United's negotiator is

This lump is going to Chelsea NQAT.

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Macca1990

Should see the end of draws at home to Burnley, Hull and West Brom etc if nothing else hes a very good flat track bully and it could be argued thats mostly what we lacked last season.

Unread 06-07-2017, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:

Lot's of whispers this week that Lukaku wants to join United, maybe United know Chelsea are out of the picture as far as Lukaku is concerned and the fee is agreed, in prinicipal, and has been for a while, but Everton are dragging their feet wanting to do their business and United are now fed up and are after speeding up the process of this and the Rooney thing..

The Pogba video with Lukaku in it earlier in the week was a bit of a warning imo..

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The Pogba video with Lukaku in it earlier in the week was a bit of a warning imo..
no its just one of pogbas crew is photographer and has been documenting the trip. they are all living in the same house atm.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Vetch

Lukaku lives in Bowdon.

motwyw.

nft.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no its just one of pogbas crew is photographer and has been documenting the trip. they are all living in the same house atm.
Still reckon there was a bit of mischief going on there..

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Would prefer Alvaro.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Sandman

Disgusting signing if it happens.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Vetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Would prefer Alvaro.
He'll end up at Chelsea.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
would genuinely love to spend 24 hours in marlos shoes in the summer

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Clarkie

So long as Pogba, Marital, Miki and Mata provide, I'm happy....

Otherwise, "plan B" comes into affect....

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Alan

State of SSN

'Sky sources: Everton accept bid for lump'

'Everton themselves say no'

Absolute clowns.

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:21 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Didn't they say the same about Zlatan? And for that reason I guess Mbappe not worth our interest? Let's see how he does at Arsenal. I think he will prove to be a very smart signing.

Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making. More about handing over 75m to Everton for a player who is yet to really prove himself and has much of his game that needs work.

Match day threads on here should be fun next season
Lacazette may well end up being a better player than Big Rom but the fee being £25m/£30m higher than for Lacazette makes perfect sense as it stands

He's younger and has scored his goals in England rather than in an even shitter league

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
State of SSN

'Sky sources: Everton accept bid for lump'

'Everton themselves say no'

Absolute clowns.
'Sky Sources' being the BBC website

Unread 06-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Clarkie

Hopefully now this will put an end to people losing their shit over "been linked" with articles..

Press haven't a clue and, tbh, it's refreshing after the last few years, where everyone knew who we were going for*

*Except for last summer and Martial
Closed Thread