United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If he doesn't we need a right back imo.
simpson will probably be our next proper rb as i doubt with the giggs and scholes situation we will think of buying one. pique , jos and wes brown can play there so its no big concern imo.

simpson will be on loan next season so i reckon we will get by with gary playing as much as he can and brown/jos/ pique filling in when need be.

Unread 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
simpson will probably be our next proper rb as i doubt with the giggs and scholes situation we will think of buying one. pique , jos and wes brown can play there so its no big concern imo.

simpson will be on loan next season so i reckon we will get by with gary playing as much as he can and brown/jos/ pique filling in when need be.
Yup. I'd rather the cash was spent on midfield, a winger and a striker this Summer.

Unread 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yup. I'd rather the cash was spent on midfield, a winger and a striker this Summer.
Me too, I'd think though that with Gary Nev's injury concerns it'd make sense to keep Simpson at the club. We do have players that can fill in but it makesa real difference having a proper fullback as Evra has shown.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Whalefish

I think Simpson and Evans need regular games at this stage of their career. Another 12months at Sunderland won't hurt them or us IMO. I cannot see Utd selling Evans, not sure about Simpson. Hope not.

Vio might be able to find out but I don't think Bardsley is staying at Villa. Wonder if he's coming back as back up for Gary or whether someone else has come in for him?

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Forgot about Bardsley, maybe he'll be a backuop for a year 'til Simpson comes back if he's loaned out? Could ruin moral at the club though with his disgraceful earing wearing antics.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think Simpson and Evans need regular games at this stage of their career. Another 12months at Sunderland won't hurt them or us IMO. I cannot see Utd selling Evans, not sure about Simpson. Hope not.

Vio might be able to find out but I don't think Bardsley is staying at Villa. Wonder if he's coming back as back up for Gary or whether someone else has come in for him?
Which Rossi is getting yet people presume he will be sold
People say hes not good enough, its quite weird Milan and Barca want him isn't it.

Bardsley will be sold in the summer

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
People say hes not good enough, its quite weird Milan and Barca want him isn't it.
I just don't believe Rossi's going anywhere. With Ole at the end of his career, Smith not actually ever scoring goals and Saha being a shithouse I suspect he's a big role to play next year. Also considering our current formation he can easily play off the striker or on the left as he does for Italy u21s so he fits in really well.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:

Bardsley will be sold in the summer
Milan and Barca? Have they made official contact or was that just his agent blowing wind out of his arse. Valencia have apparently made enquiries and Parma are desperately trying to stump up the money for him according to reports in Italy. Sampdoria are, or were, keen too.

If 8-9million is offered, and that figure was doing the rounds in a recent Red Issue I believe, I think it'll be very difficult for Fergie et al to say no. Just my opinion like.

I'd rather he stayed. I don't rate Smith, Saha is mentally weak and Ole looks £#%&!ed after 20mins these days.

Again if it was nailed on that Bardsley was being sold, Villa would have moved for him. O'Neil has already said he'd want him to stay but doesn't think there's much chance of that happening. I hope he's wrong though. I don't rate him.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
MUFC One Love

The only way Rossi will be here next season is if we're struggling for numbers up front, other than that I suspect he will be sold.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Part 36 Offer

How many times have I told you @#%&!s, Bardsley is not coming back to United.

Nor is he staying at Villa.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The only way Rossi will be here next season is if we're struggling for numbers up front, other than that I suspect he will be sold.
Yet you think Eagles has a better chance than him, I doubt Fergie will sell a quality youngster like Rossi, he has to be given a chance.

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Yet you think Eagles has a better chance than him, I doubt Fergie will sell a quality youngster like Rossi, he has to be given a chance.
rhodzy would you marry Rossi if you could?

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
rhodzy would you marry Rossi if you could?
No comment

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well we are short of numbers up front and I see no reason why we'd sell him anyway.

Unread 10-05-2007, 01:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I cannot see how you could come to that conclusion.

Fergie was taking the lad to Euro aways with the squad when he was 17; the coaching staff and club clearly rate his talent, otherwise they wouldn't have taken all the trouble to scout and sign him. They worked very hard to get him here and the players have raved about him. We've sent him on loan to Parma and he's been superb for them.

It would make absolutely no sense to put in all that effort, wait until he has proved himself at Parma, then just sell him and let someone else reap the benefits our work. Same with Pique. Why would we sell two blossoming players? Surely this kind of development is what we had in mind when we actually bought them, no?
Closed Thread