Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Red Santos

Good defender

Shit going forward

Hope he keeps his weight under control. Fat bastard

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Ethers

“However, Metro.co.uk understands Shaw has astounded staff at United’s training ground this week by returning with a new slender look and was at the top of the charts after customary pre-season fitness checks”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4vNAdFliY

Nope, must be untrue. Some fat c*** on the internet assured me he was a disgrace and there was no chance of getting in shape for pre-season.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:12 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Totally disagree.

His problem, injuries/fitness etc aside, has only ever been his reading of the game imo. On the odd occasion when he's been 'on it', he's superb. Potential to be one of the best attacking LB's/left wingbacks in the world because he's strong, quick, technically decent. Which is why it's a crying shame about what's happened since his injury.
Yep. Potential is there for all to see, and started off so well pre-injury. Looks like he's knuckled down a bit and got fit, which is good to see

Hopefully he sticks at it this time.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:14 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“However, Metro.co.uk understands Shaw has astounded staff at United’s training ground this week by returning with a new slender look and was at the top of the charts after customary pre-season fitness checks”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4vNAdFliY

Nope, must be untrue. Some fat c*** on the internet assured me he was a disgrace and there was no chance of getting in shape for pre-season.
celebrating a sports professional for doing his job and taking care of his body after being at one of the top teams in the world for a number of years?

The fat lazy @#%&! can £#%&! off

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
celebrating a sports professional for doing his job and taking care of his body after being at one of the top teams in the world for a number of years?

The fat lazy @#%&! can £#%&! off
Not celebrating it?

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:19 PM
guerreiro

Must look to the Metro for all behind the scenes news from now.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:31 PM
otbarney

I hope he surprises everyone by fulfilling his potential next season.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:37 PM
windy waffles

Amazing what a new pair of gnashers can do to a player.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:43 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Amazing what a new pair of gnashers can do to a player.
Him? With new choppers he'll be eating like a mad man! 100 kg by the end of training.

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:46 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I hope he surprises everyone by fulfilling his potential next season.
You'd think everyone would but everyone's more interested in points scoring

Unread 17-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Buck

Wonder if he'll go the full Warnie

Unread 17-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Given mourinho’s problem with him seemed to be his poor positioning and decision making, I’m not sure what difference him winning fitness tests in training would make.

Unread 17-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Given mourinho’s problem with him seemed to be his poor positioning and decision making, I’m not sure what difference him winning fitness tests in training would make.
Easy to forget (as he hasn't been fit for most of his 4 years here) but he has zero defensive instincts, his positioning is shocking.

Unread 17-07-2018, 04:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
You'd think everyone would but everyone's more interested in points scoring
Well if he does, all well and good. But be honest, it *would* be a surprise wouldn't it?

Unread 20-07-2018, 11:07 AM
AK14

Still looks a bit chunky?

Must be the kit?

Unread 20-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wait...

So that IS him?!

Looks nothing like him and it’s saying thanks to Shaw for getting him a gift isn’t it?
That's the issue for me.

Sure he's been to abu dhabi for a full dental and lipo. But his kite doesn't look like any iteration of Shaw I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Still looks a bit chunky?

Must be the kit?
It's two different blokes!

Unread 20-07-2018, 03:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That's the issue for me.

Sure he's been to abu dhabi for a full dental and lipo. But his kite doesn't look like any iteration of Shaw I've ever seen.

It's two different blokes!
Would it really surprise anyone if he was paying a lookalike to train while he was sat at home on his fat ass eating Dominos and KFC?

Unread 20-07-2018, 03:31 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Easy to forget (as he hasn't been fit for most of his 4 years here) but he has zero defensive instincts, his positioning is shocking.
I think you're wrong but even so it's never held Valencia back, nor late career mad Pat.

Unread 20-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I think you're wrong but even so it's never held Valencia back, nor late career mad Pat.
Hopefully I am wrong and with a run in the team his positioning improves as he gets sharper but I've never been impressed with him defensively.

Unread 21-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

This is his season! (Please god)
Closed Thread