United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Neo

Football

He's certainly improved in the last couple of months. His hold-up and link-up play seems a lot better, and he's starting to utilise his awesome pace and power, but can still show more of that IMO, given he fact he's probably the strongest and quickest striker in the league.

Had major question marks during his mini-meltdown when he wasn't celebrating goals, but he's finally starting to show signs that he might 'get' what being a United player is about.

Still needs to score more goals; 14 league goals so far is okay, but nothing impressive.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Sparky***

His effort and desire have visibly improved. He's been much better lately.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:43 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Still not getting it... he’s not a United player for me. Needs to work harder off the ball.
So which one of our forwards out works him "off the ball"? I seen him improving over the last month , month and a half , on all the things he was not doing. His back to goal , his possession , bringing other into play. He's not there yet but is showing some willingness to work at it. And he is coming in from the right side. Doesn't seem to bother him at all not being run through the middle all the time.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Shade

Get better players around him and he'll score goals for fun.

Unread 18-03-2018, 07:42 PM
The taste of...

Can't believe how bad this @#%&! is.

At the end of each game I feel like the bloke having his dinner when Basil Fawlty offers him a rat and it all carries on like it hasn't really happened.

Unread 18-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Switching Off

Unread 18-03-2018, 07:53 PM
tatty

There are much bigger problems than Lukaku.

Unread 18-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Billy Redface

I've been a big critic and he ain't my bag in general, but he's one of the few to step up in recent weeks.

His goals record has improved. He's contributing now even if he doesn't score (Liverpool game) and he's working a lot harder.

And he seems to 'get it' more now. When he first arrived, he looked like he just expected to do what he normally does and succeed.

After a humbling winter, he seems to have used a bad spell to actually improve. Jose isn't right when he says that he's been consistent from day one because he hasn't..... but he has shown some £#%&!ing balls and responsibility through a tough spell.

Can't fault the guy for that.

Unread 18-03-2018, 08:38 PM
ScarFace

The only striker that everything goes through.
Should have more goals.

Would be better with a partner but that would require a manager with balls.

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:29 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I've been a big critic and he ain't my bag in general, but he's one of the few to step up in recent weeks.

His goals record has improved. He's contributing now even if he doesn't score (Liverpool game) and he's working a lot harder.

And he seems to 'get it' more now. When he first arrived, he looked like he just expected to do what he normally does and succeed.

After a humbling winter, he seems to have used a bad spell to actually improve. Jose isn't right when he says that he's been consistent from day one because he hasn't..... but he has shown some £#%&!ing balls and responsibility through a tough spell.

Agreed. Lukaku was good again on Saturday. He chased the game up and down the pitch and had great control.

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Agreed. Lukaku was good again on Saturday. He chased the game up and down the pitch and had great control.
Great control? Which game did you watch?

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:39 AM
sub three hours

Quote:

Much to my own astonishment and surprise, I honestly thought he did on Saturday Ed.

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Quote:
He was in control of the football without having the football.

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:36 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Could have been worse, could have signed the spanish john walters.

Morata wont even be the 3rd best striker in London, thats chicharito
Saaaaage

Quote:
Giving a load to the city fans when Raahford scored too.

Can see him rattling in 25 goals by March, with rival fans insisting he's shit.

Severely heated piss all round.

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

He’s young. Wants to improve. Isn’t a @#%&! mentally. 24 goals in his first season at a club that can destroy strikers. Showing some balls or having the mentality to overcome difficulties is probably what mourinho means when he singled out matic and lukaku. Also did the same regarding The Scottish Player and rashford. Fellaini also obviously has the kind of attitude managers like, which is probably why he’s bigged him up. Problem is these messages haven’t had the desired effect over the past 18 months, which is probably why tuesday’s pathetic display is the last straw, especially as mourinho was the one being blamed for an issue he identified from day 1 but hasn’t corrected.

Unread 19-03-2018, 11:43 AM
RemisMoses

To say we are a spoilt lot who do nothing but moan. We forgive an awful lot as long as the players are trying their best and this lad is trying his best, pure effort from the lad and it has to be admired.

Unread 19-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
To say we are a spoilt lot who do nothing but moan. We forgive an awful lot as long as the players are trying their best and this lad is trying his best, pure effort from the lad and it has to be admired.
Boss dat la.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:27 PM
92ToBury

25 goals already this season. Ruud averaged 30 from a side with Giggs, Beckham and Scholes doing much of the providing. Sort the service out and he’ll get 40+.

Looking forward to next season and a better squad to get us up and running properly and competing against the berts.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:29 PM
dunk

He was £#%&!ing abject and sulking October to January. Been grafting and decent enough since mid-Jan. Still £#%&!ing horrible to watch play football. Everything he does seems counter intuitive and a struggle when a ball is involved.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:36 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was £#%&!ing abject and sulking October to January. Been grafting and decent enough since mid-Jan. Still £#%&!ing horrible to watch play football. Everything he does seems counter intuitive and a struggle when a ball is involved.
Yeah, looked £#%&!ing clueless when Matic pinged that ball to the far post...

Abject and sulking? Didn’t get any service and had to watch Rashford and Martial compete for the Most Selfish Player award week in, week out.
Closed Thread