United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Macca1990

Default Why dont we go for it vs Top 4

Anyone care to offer their views on why we've lost and (in reality lucky against Arsenal) never really seem to go for it against the other "big four" the fact we've lost to Liverpool who are in the worst patch theyve been through in time, Chelsea who looked nothing special against us at all and we fashioned one chance in 90 minutes.

We really could be hammering this League, I'm not saying we can or should win everygame but our attitudes team selection, playstyle and formation just seems to leave us against them. It really annoys me as we are so much better than them.

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Default Re: Why dont we go for it vs Top 4

This season we beat Arsenal, beat Spurs and were unlucky to lose against Chelsea after having the better of the game.

Liverpool are 7th btw

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up Re: Why dont we go for it vs Top 4

No point on discussing it considering Chelsea have already won the league tbh.

Can't wait for the 'Chelsea Supplement' tomorrow morning.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Charlie Harper

Oh FFS sake. The original post is about as probing as a Stan Collymore column.

Where do we start? How about football 101....

Quote:
Anyone care to offer their views on why we've lost and (in reality lucky against Arsenal) never really seem to go for it against the other "big four" the fact we've lost to Liverpool who are in the worst patch theyve been through in time, Chelsea who looked nothing special against us at all and we fashioned one chance in 90 minutes.
The Arsenal result - you say United were lucky? Then the same applies that Cheslea were lucky at Stamford Bridge. As for the Liverpool defeat - one decent forward (Torres) had a good game and the United defence didn't. Most of the "big games" tend to be very tight, no matter who plays. It's unusual for one "big team" to hammer another "big team".

Quote:
but our attitudes team selection, playstyle and formation just seems to leave us against them. It really annoys me as we are so much better than them.
Players lose form and get injured. Hence you can't play the same 11 in every game. So you need to try different players out even if it's not the best 11 available. Spurs put out their best 11 on Tuesday, United played the reserves, and yet still won.

The opposition try to stifle United more so than any other team. They scout how United play and try to combat against it. So you need to try different systems to over come the opposition.

I can recommend The Art of War by Sun Tzu. It will answer everything.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

eh???

we beat Arsenal

hammered Spurs with 10 men and played Chelsea off the park from the start

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Harper
Oh FFS sake. The original post is about as probing as a Stan Collymore column.

Where do we start? How about football 101....

The Arsenal result - you say United were lucky? Then the same applies that Cheslea were lucky at Stamford Bridge. As for the Liverpool defeat - one decent forward (Torres) had a good game and the United defence didn't. Most of the "big games" tend to be very tight, no matter who plays. It's unusual for one "big team" to hammer another "big team".

Players lose form and get injured. Hence you can't play the same 11 in every game. So you need to try different players out even if it's not the best 11 available. Spurs put out their best 11 on Tuesday, United played the reserves, and yet still won.

The opposition try to stifle United more so than any other team. They scout how United play and try to combat against it. So you need to try different systems to over come the opposition.

I can recommend The Art of War by Sun Tzu. It will answer everything.
Sarcasm necessary? I dont think so.

I think if memory serves me correctly Arenal created alot more at out place than we did at stamford bridge by far, big games are tight? yeah the Champions League Final was tight wasnt it, the Scouse games have been tight for the last 2 years or not.

Bolded bit is irrelevance at its finest.

For the last paragraph it seems if anything we try and stifle teams recently (supposed big4).

I remember when I used to go into the big games expecting us to perform looking for us to excel and be outstanding, the only occasion in recent times I can think of is EC semi vs the Arse

EDIT: Why are people refrencing Spurs as a big team ffs

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Sarcasm necessary? I dont think so.

I think if memory serves me correctly Arenal created alot more at out place than we did at stamford bridge by far, big games are tight? yeah the Champions League Final was tight wasnt it, the Scouse games have been tight for the last 2 years or not.

Bolded bit is irrelevance at its finest.

For the last paragraph it seems if anything we try and stifle teams recently (supposed big4).

I remember when I used to go into the big games expecting us to perform looking for us to excel and be outstanding, the only occasion in recent times I can think of is EC semi vs the Arse

look at the table...Spurs will finish above a shite Liverpool teeam easily as may the Liars and Villa....we also beata Citeh btw

you are paying the Dippers way too much credit here, we lost to Burnley a shock result losiing too a small team just like Anfield was

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

You mentioned the top 4. Spurs are 4th. HTH

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
MIFF

Talking Re: Why dont we go for it vs Top 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They're all a bunch of England, Southern team loving £#%&!ing £#%&!ers tbh.
Aye, apart from andy dunn(scouse @#%&!), have to get up early with the little'un on sundays 2 hours of cbeebies then the chelsea supplement, thats living

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
You mentioned the top 4. Spurs are 4th. HTH
Where have they finished the past 10 years? I said big four at least I think I did, my bad if not.

@KFC I'm not paying those filty @#%&!s any credit im just not inclined to proclaim spurs as a top four english premier league team.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Where have they finished the past 10 years?

@KFC I'm not paying those filty @#%&!s any credit im just not inclined to proclaim spurs as a top four english premier league team.
neither am I ....but they are there at moment and will fiinish above Liverpool

I think Citeh or Villa will be fourth tbh

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
MUFC One Love

Let's be honest, United don't show up in big league games that often.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is deluded. We were very lucky against Arsenal at O.T ffs.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Anyone who suggests otherwise is deluded. We were very lucky against Arsenal at O.T ffs.
No more so, and arguably less, than Chelsea were at home against us

And does "not showing up" include that period of several years before last season when the Vermin could hardly lay a glove on us??

We have also, of course, suffered daylight robbery at the Emirates not once, but twice, in recent seasons

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

yeah we didn't show up against Chelsea did we...we played them off the £#%&!ing park and in case you hadn't noticed we were superb in the seecond half against Arsenal after being poor in the first...nani and Berbatov both missed great chances at the end of a great second half display...and £#%&! their offside goal we should have been 4-1 up by then

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No more so, and arguably less, than Chelsea were at home against us

And does "not showing up" include that period of several years before last season when the Vermin could hardly lay a glove on us??

We have also, of course, suffered daylight robbery at the Emirates not once, but twice, in recent seasons
Where abouts in Cumbria you from?

Anyway maybe I'm having a selective memory but in recent times those bunch of @#%&!s have been there for the taking, like really theyre to be smashed and weve played it safe and steady.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

yeah we didn't show up against Chelsea did we...we played them off the £#%&!ing park and in case you hadn't noticed we were superb in the seecond half against Arsenal after being poor in the first...nani and Berbatov both missed great chances at the end of a great second half display...and £#%&! their offside goal we should have been 4-1 up by then
Playing Chelsea off of the park? I think everyone agrees we were the better team until about 30 yards out then what happend £#%&! all, we could have won that game had @#%&!ington not given that free kick against Fletcher but I doubt it.

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Playing Chelsea off of the park? I think everyone agrees we were the better team until about 30 yards out then what happend £#%&! all, we could have won that game had @#%&!ington not given that free kick against Fletcher but I doubt it.
we missed four good chances, and totally dominated the game with several key players not playing against their strongest X1

it was a moral victory

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Where abouts in Cumbria you from?

Anyway maybe I'm having a selective memory but in recent times those bunch of @#%&!s have been there for the taking, like really theyre to be smashed and weve played it safe and steady.
It's in the header to my posts, mate. And before you say "where's that" I will just say it is even more out of the way than many other bits

You have *something* of a point there actually - I think to some degree SAF has come to see the games against other "big" sides (esp away) as he does top European games. Our results haven't been that great recently admittedly, but as I alluded above we haven't had all the luck in them either. Hopefully that, at least, can change

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's in the header to my posts, mate. And before you say "where's that" I will just say it is even more out of the way than many other bits

You have *something* of a point there actually - I think to some degree SAF has come to see the games against other "big" sides (esp away) as he does top European games. Our results haven't been that great recently admittedly, but as I alluded above we haven't had all the luck in them either. Hopefully that, at least, can change
I know where Milliom is I bet you im even more out of the way than that

Unread 06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Charlestown Rouge

In 2009, which in reality is not that long ago - we shoved three goals up Chelsea without reply in a total demolition job and mullahed Arsenal comprehensively over two legs in a Champions League Semi Final.

HTH
Closed Thread