United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Mourinho should be judged by the same yardstick as those who preceded him. Top 4 is a minimum requirement, particularly after the money he's spent.

This is the issue though...

We've backed ourselves right into a corner here. Where do we go from here if we sack him? Who is there left? Who is good enough to lead this club?

Our sheer arrogance in hiring Moyes, believing our own hyped up crap, has cost us.

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Top 4 and a couple of cups....

Something 90% of clubs in football dream of..

Fully behind Jose....

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Top 4 and a couple of cups....

Something 90% of clubs in football dream of..

Fully behind Jose....
What if he comes in 6th end of season?
Looks likely.

Hope he can make it work next season tbh

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
What if he comes in 6th end of season?
Looks likely.

Hope he can make it work next season tbh
Then so be it.....

He's the right man for the job Imo and a bit of silverware in your first year st the club isn't to be sniffed at.....

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

We've backed ourselves right into a corner here. Where do we go from here if we sack him? Who is there left? Who is good enough to lead this club?

Our sheer arrogance in hiring Moyes, believing our own hyped up crap, has cost us.

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Then so be it.....

He's the right man for the job Imo and a bit of silverware in your first year st the club isn't to be sniffed at.....

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:34 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Then so be it.....

Fair enough.

6th and league cup is a drop in standards though.

Should be given a second season for certain, but it's just not good enough.

If I was him I'd be pissed at pogba.

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien

The human life loser aside....

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Do you think he isn't? He's one of the best managers out there, he'll be absolutely stewing at Pogba's overall contribution so far, people always look at the manager and not the board re transfer fees.

Unread 03-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Fair enough.

6th and league cup is a drop in standards though.

Should be given a second season for certain, but it's just not good enough.

Think everyone should be pissed at him.

Starting to come around to Bunks' way of thinking. He's taking the piss at times, easy chances missed that's cost us points, surrounded by 5 players and thinking he can beat them all with a flick or something but, instead puts us on the back foot

Unread 03-02-2017, 11:09 AM
prunier

It's not Pogba's fault.

I honestly feel that we could sign Barca's front three and we'd still be struggling for goals against an 11 man defence every week. There's just something weird about United post Fergie. The signs were there in Fergie's final years, of course, but we continued to win just cause I think teams hadn't realised they could beat us yet.

I am excited to sign Griezmann but I'm not holding my breath for him to get 20 league goals next year. It's just the way it is...who can fix it? Well if anyone can , Mourinho can.

Unread 03-02-2017, 12:13 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Keano has always been our man.

Fergie's first pick before their spat:

"But when I do move on I would like to see Roy Keane taking over.

"He is a leader on the pitch and he could be that kind of leader sitting on the Manchester United bench, too."

~Fergie, 2005

Bring back the United way.

Unread 03-02-2017, 12:19 PM
dunk

You £#%&!ing dick gav

Unread 03-02-2017, 12:22 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Roy Keane to replace Mourinho

Mourinho is perfect for United, this summer he will shape his own team and ship out the last of the dead wood.
If we can win a cup or 2 this season plus get top 4 it will be a very good season.

A strong ball winning midfielder, Greizmann and a centre back and we will win the league next season

Unread 03-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

i love keano, but having him replace mourinho?

jose will be fine. we are improving, even though we are bloody frustrating. i wish he'd cut out the tantrums, though.

Unread 03-02-2017, 12:59 PM
gav81

But Mourinho is just continuing the malaise of the last three seasons. We are 2pts better off than the same stage under Moyes and 1pt worse off than the same stage in Van Gaal's first season.

It's not about a loss of quality on the pitch - Fergie won games and titles with lesser players - Evans, Cleverley, Anderson, Young and Welbeck made over 100 league appearances between them in his last title winning season. It's about the loss of qualities that the great man himself brought to the club.

The only man with all of those same traits, is Keano. Some will laugh at that but as they say, all great truth goes through three stages.

I feel a thread coming on...

Unread 03-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Whip Hubley

classic gav

Unread 03-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
But Mourinho is just continuing the malaise of the last three seasons. We are 2pts better off than the same stage under Moyes and 1pt worse off than the same stage in Van Gaal's first season.

It's not about a loss of quality on the pitch - Fergie won games and titles with lesser players - Evans, Cleverley, Anderson and Welbeck made over 100 league appearances between them in his last title winning season. It's about the loss of qualities that the great man himself brought to the club.

The only man with all of those same traits, is Keano. Some will laugh at that but as they say, all great truth goes through three stages.

Dont try to WUM youre embarassing yourself, it requires precision, paitence, and persistence...

leave it to sparky

Unread 03-02-2017, 01:06 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81

It's not about a loss of quality on the pitch - Fergie won games and titles with lesser players - Evans, Cleverley, Anderson, Young and Welbeck made over 100 league appearances between them in his last title winning season. It's about the loss of qualities that the great man himself brought to the club.

reading your posts more like a migraine coming on.......

Unread 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Clarkie

Would be worth it for 5 mins, for the fights and the quotes

"The players I pick to play away from home, I call them the hardcore players"
Closed Thread