United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Pop

Did he threaten to quit England if he was punished or was that merely a made up rumour?

Unread 13-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Did he threaten to quit England if he was punished or was that merely a made up rumour?

YouTube - Neil Lennon heinously headbutts Alan Shearer's foot
Former FA suit Graham Kelly mentioned it in his autobiography.

The lack of ensuing legal action would suggest it is 100% true.

Unread 13-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Former FA suit Graham Kelly mentioned it in his autobiography.

The lack of ensuing legal action would suggest it is 100% true.
Yeah Kelly said in his book that Shearer told them he wouldn't play in the World Cup if he was charged

Unread 13-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Yeah Kelly said in his book that Shearer told them he wouldn't play in the World Cup if he was charged
Thanks for clearing that up. Fat Al wasn't too clear in his post.

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I hadn't read it sorry

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
I hadn't read it sorry
Jsut quoted it then

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
switchers is running away with the vote for the most improved forumista of the year. admittedly, that's like saying cat shit is an improvement on dog shit, but still, progress is progress and it deserves to be acknowledged.

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
switchers is running away with the vote for the most improved forumista of the year. admittedly, that's like saying cat shit is an improvement on dig shit, but still, progress is progress and it deserves to be acknowledged.
Unlike your typing

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
switchers is running away with the vote for the most improved forumista of the year. admittedly, that's like saying cat shit is an improvement on dig shit, but still, progress is progress and it deserves to be acknowledged.
Pop digs shit.

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

some of you have obviously missed the subtle post-modernist reference in my...oh £#%&! it. yeah, i made a typo whilst trying to be clever

Unread 13-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
some of you have obviously missed the subtle post-modernist reference in my...oh £#%&! it. yeah, i made a typo whilst trying to be clever
I appreciated the sentiment, hence I didn't pick you up on it.

Unread 13-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
A BBC programme not allowed on BBC iplayer

Cheers, will dl it.
From the bbc site:

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premiership action on the web outside of live broadcasts.

Unread 13-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
From the bbc site:

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premiership action on the web outside of live broadcasts.
Seems ludicrous. Surely it cant cost that much to buy the web rights. Presumably somebody else has bought them but they musnt advertise much because I dont know where they are.

Unread 13-09-2009, 11:08 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

The stinks of piss thing comes from his autobiography were he said to keep warm one game in the middle of winter, he pissed himself to keep warm.
We've all been there.

Unread 14-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Martie Darko

Quote:
Seems ludicrous. Surely it cant cost that much to buy the web rights. Presumably somebody else has bought them but they musnt advertise much because I dont know where they are.
you can watch them on the guardian i think? but not match of the day style.
Closed Thread