United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming
Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2013, 01:19 PM
carlosartorial ...

Gonna get this, first game in about 3 years!

Old 13-06-2013, 01:30 PM
atticusgrinch ...

Love a good dystopian setting. Loved Syndicate on the amiga.

Getting this shizzle. No doubt.

Team fred?

Old 13-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Ginners ...

only just heard about this, been getting insane reviews

Old 13-06-2013, 01:35 PM
wiganste ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
from the reviews I've read it's as much fighting for your life with other survivors as it is with the infected. the story and character writing is supposed to be top notch too so it's unlikely to to be anything like you've mentioned.

sign up to flubit and post this link and you'll get an offer in about 24hrs to buy it for around 30. i got it for 30.88. then pray they're not ordering it from zavvi and it should arrive close to release date
Cheers for that link. Got it for 29 and it's been delivered today. Awooga

Old 13-06-2013, 01:37 PM
dunk ...

Thumbs up

This is looking like my first game purchase this year

Old 14-06-2013, 12:07 AM
browser ...

Quote:
ermahgerd, this is sooo getting spanked hard tonight...

whats your verdict pal?

Old 14-06-2013, 08:21 AM
wiganste ...

Very good so far. I reckon I'm about an hour or so into it. Building up to be a cracking game tbh.

Pace starts off a bit slow but its gradually building up.

Gonna hammer it tonight

Old 14-06-2013, 12:53 PM
CamelToe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
whats your verdict pal?
the graphics are amazing for the ps3. the voice acting and facial expressions etc makes la noire's effort look like harri jaffa's melted welly face.

frantic start but then slows a bit. there's a hell of a lot of sneaking around to be done so if you don't like stealth games you're going to struggle with this.

takes a while to be fully introduced to the infected and they're no pushover. if you get spotted they move 28 days/weeks later fast to attack you and it only takes 3 or 4 of them and you're in deep shit and have to run for it.

melee combat is satisyingly brutal, as it has to be because ammo is scarce. overall mechanics remind me a lot of cross between manhunt and half-life.

played about 3 hrs last night, although the best part of an hour of that is probably cut scenes. load times are a little slow and i noticed there's already a patch out. i did think it wouldn't take long as i noticed one glitch that definitely needed fixing as i had to save and restart the game to get past it.

i can't say i'm absolutely blown away but it's early days yet and i get the feeling it'll just get better. 8/10 so far tho.

Old 14-06-2013, 02:13 PM
red red robbo ...

Got home from work at lunch time and the missus has got me this, tought I was going to have to wait till Father's day, result

Right loading it up now, I'll let you know what I think later.

Old 14-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Lazlo Panaflex ...

Quote:
the graphics are amazing for the ps3. the voice acting and facial expressions etc makes la noire's effort look like harri jaffa's melted welly face.

Ffs
Closed Thread