United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Interesting development today. First Allied, one of the Glazer businesses has just allowed one of its shopping malls to be repossessed by Bank of America.

From the look of it, it was in negative equity and the Glazers will walk away debt-free, as you can probably guess would happen.

Tumescent - there were 37,000 shareholders, but the running of the club was never questioned. The plc as an ownership model wasn't what I was aiming to discuss. It had its pluses and its negatives. I'm just a bit fed up with daft foundationless arguments being put up. As with any organisation, a board will be made up and it will take responsibility for the day to day running of the club. I don't understand why the number of investors is viewed as a negative. Surely the more the ownership is diluted, the less chance we have of another Glazer situation?
I appreciate that, however, this wistful revisionism of the old plc days baffles me. The running of the club has always been questioned since I've supported United going back to Docherty. And that was never truer than under the plc from what I recall - it's not that long ago either, so my addled brain is fairly reliable on the subject I hope.

If the ownership of the club was diluted amongst like-minded people then I would imagine you would be right. Although there again, "the Glazer situation", by which I presume you mean a single owner, isn't the worst model by any means depending on the owner's motivation. I have no real wish to see United actually owned by the same type of people who've facilitated "the Glazer situation" in the first place, any more than I would care for a return to the days where the likes of the BBC pension fund had a piece of us and the plc employed people like Kenyon.

Unread 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Ears, I'd have you over the joblot we have in the square mile in a flash.
You what #@&%!?

Unread 09-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
You what #@&%!?
ffs

Unread 09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Ginners

Thumbs up

Quote:
You what #@&%!?

Unread 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
You what #@&%!?
He was complimenting you... ffs !

Unread 09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
RedMenace

Interesting analysis here by Andy Green on the gimps current financial situation. Makes it hard to see how they could turn down a significant instant profit if it is there for them

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2010/0...things-in.html

Unread 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
So used to being on the defense

When I read it, I read it in the voice of this guy...

"You wha' dick'ead?"

Unread 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Interesting analysis here by Andy Green on the gimps current financial situation. Makes it hard to see how they could turn down a significant instant profit if it is there for them

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2010/0...things-in.html
which is a long-winded way of saying that they're spivs who've made enough cash from whitetrash and rednecks to set themselves as a conduit by which the finance industry can rape united. in return they've lived like millionaires and no doubt they couldn't really give a £#%&! for much other than self-preservation and therefore would probably sell united if they get a decent offer.

very good blog tbf. a few 'leaps of faith' notwithstanding. sooner or later something very dirty is bound to come out about their property dealings surely? a bit more research into their web ambitions might be useful, since that's potentially a big factor in the sale price united eventually goes for, imo. unless they really are desperate, which I doubt, considering the size of united and the lenders involved.

Unread 09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I know, he's still a #@&%!*

*at times

Unread 09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons

"You wha' dick'ead?"

Remember them videos...........

Unread 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

"you got 20p dick'ed?"

Unread 09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Rossi the Red

The thing that gets me is, these red knights who are tryng to raise about £1bn (am I right?) are they going to put ALL profits back into the club?

They are going to want a return on their investment surely? That's how these people are rich and successfull in the first place.

Unread 09-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
"you got 20p dick'ed?"

Devvo. Quality.

Unread 10-03-2010, 08:23 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
The thing that gets me is, these red knights who are tryng to raise about £1bn (am I right?) are they going to put ALL profits back into the club?

They are going to want a return on their investment surely? That's how these people are rich and successfull in the first place.
I doubt that all profits will be reinvested as you say the red knights are business men & would want a return on their investment.

BUT we would hope that they would only take what the club could afford & within 7 years, the life of the bond, get the club debt free.

They hopefully won't bleed United for every penny they can as the Glazers are doing.

Unread 10-03-2010, 08:30 AM
waynes ear's

they sound like a different bunch of @#%&!s to the bunch of @#%&!s bleeding the club dry at the moment

Unread 11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
thatsfuctit

Nomura have agreed to work with the red knights

The Red Knights group has seen its bid to gain control of Manchester United receive a shot in the arm with confirmation a leading global investment bank has agreed to advise on a possible acquisition.

Wednesday's night demolition job on AC Milan was played out against a backdrop of supporter unrest as repeated chants against the Glazer family were aired inside Old Trafford.

The Glazers, through chief executive David Gill, have said it is business as usual and that they have no intention of selling despite United being over £700million in debt.

Investment back Nomura will work closely with the Red Knights, the Manchester United Supporters' Trust and other potential investors to "coordinate and formulate the proposal to be put to the Glazer family".

The Nomura team will be led by Guy Dawson and Andrew McNaught, both of whom advised the Board of Manchester United plc when the club was sold to the Glazer family in 2005.

Nomura is beginning its role by contacting the many expressions of financial support the Red Knights have received to date.

Beckham boost
The Red Knights group could not have been handed a more favourable piece of publicity on the night, as returning old boy David Beckham donned a green and gold scarf to a rapturous reception.

Protesters against the Glazers have adopted the green and gold colours and they have been highly visible at United matches in recent weeks.

"I'm a Man United fan. I saw the scarf there. I put it round my neck, it's the old colours of Man United, that's all I knew," Beckham said.

"To be honest it's (the protest) not my business. I'm a Manchester United fan. I support the club. I always have done and I always will do.

"It's nothing to do with me the way everything is run, that's to do with other people but I'm a Man United fan and I support the team. I will always support them."

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM
RedMenace

If anyone would like to pass on their thoughts to one of our lovely owners, feel free.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
If anyone would like to pass on their thoughts to one of our lovely owners, feel free.

Just phoned and got the ticket office.

Unread 11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
RedMenace

I'm sure the email address could be used for many nefarious purposes. For all spambots/hackers/dataminers out there that's [email protected]

Unread 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Child of Darkness

I'm sure he will give up his share in a one billion pound asset cos of spam